P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Satyricon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundsOfDecay wrote:
When I watched them loads of the newer stuff I normally don't like sounded better live, faster and more agressive (even Fuel For Hatred which normally just used to make me laugh). First 2 albums are still 2 of my favourites.

+1 I like the first two albums. I need to check out the other releases.

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
desolatesounds

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
El Feroce wrote:
Any news about Satyr & Co.?
Tourdates? New album?

I saw them live recently and they were good. When I'm saying good, I mean GOOD. In the past few years I had lost my interest in Satyricon, even their live shows were a bit.. different than what I expected and definitely not my cup of tea. And to my big surprise, they played Hvite Krists Død, I really didn't expect that. Satyr seemed more passionate compared to the previous time I saw them.. he's letting his hair grow long again, and that's also good for live performances. Great show overall, I was very satisfied.

Jup, Hvite Krists Død really suprised me too at their Hellfest gig. Satyr said they're writing a new album.
El Feroce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SATYRICON To Enter Studio In February

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185395
Impudicus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to state here, also, disapproving their latest outlets. When the Megiddo EP came out I lost interest in this band. Saw them live maybe '07 in Czech. The show was OK with some of the songs I knew/remembered, was nice to see Frost not giving a shit and tuning his snare up during songs... but what's been going on for the past 15 years sort of ruin it all for me.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the new album. I see why the average NWN poster doesn't like the post-Nemesis stuff, but truth is there still are brilliant moments in their music. Some of the best metal riffs of the last decade came from Now Diabolical and The Age of Nero.
Vowels

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Looking forward to the new album. I see why the average NWN poster doesn't like the post-Nemesis stuff, but truth is there still are brilliant moments in their music. Some of the best metal riffs of the last decade came from Now Diabolical and The Age of Nero.

They still got some good songs on those two albums, the To The Mountains track is great. Unfortunately the albums as a whole dont hold the same quality.
Solarfall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like almost everything they did, but the last 3 albums are collecting dust...
I hated Rebel Extravaganza when it came out, now it's my favorite.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vowels wrote:
NK7 wrote:

They still got some good songs on those two albums, the To The Mountains track is great. Unfortunately the albums as a whole dont hold the same quality.

I'll have to agree with that and include Volcano in the list. I can't get enough of King, ND, Fuel for hatred and 3-4 other songs, unfortunately those are the only tracks I spin regularly. Still brilliant though.
El Feroce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In short, they are Black Metal today and certainly not that stupid Punkthrone with that junkie Fenriz.

Hail Satyr, Hail Satyricon!!!
eighthplague

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it before, but to me they're better now than they were in the past. The last few albums have had terrible lyrics, but the riffs are awesome.
Dostojanstvenik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, Diabolical was pretty awesome, listened to it a lot when it came out...Age of Nero didn't do much for me...I'm expecting pure crap from the new album, but we shall see..
El Feroce

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

News from Satyr!

"The recording is coming to an end. Next week will be the last before the mix. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel after almost four months of recording! Right now I am just looking forward to share this with you and see what you think. It will be a while though, but it will be worth it. I am sure."

Hype.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer albums seem to suffer from a certain dullness, but there are indeed some pretty good riffs in between. I'll look forward to hear their new album.
Laugh At Your Corpse

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotBlack wrote:
CR99 wrote:
Shadowthrone + Dark Medieval Times are classics, didn't liked the stuff after them . I even find Nemesis Divina fairly mediocre

this.
alexyorkalive

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently rediscovered Rebel. I really don't know why it didn't click with me initially, maybe because it was such a departure from their old medieval stuff which I was massively in to at the time. Whatever the reason, I'm now able to appreciate Rebel properly. There are a couple of shite tracks on it but most of it is blisteringly good and obviously somewhat a precursor for Thorns. There are some cheesy moments but it really works for me overall, now.

Everything they've done since that has been a bit ZZZ for me, but there you go. Looking forward to hearing the new one. Hoping for another departure from their previous sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: