P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Satyricon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ihslahm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapalika wrote:

Dark Medieval Times didn´t age well for me with its mixture of beehive-sounding guitars and accoustic pling-plong passages.

Actually that mixture is thing that keeps DMT my favorite. I also really like the gay flute parts. I lost interest after Nemesis Divina, so doubt I will give this a listen. Shame though cause Frost is an excellent drummer.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapalika wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

By this I mean, quit trying to look like fags, with this trying to look like Trent Reznor, and maybe just adapt a Motorhead look or any number of other normal straight males.
Ihsahn is guilty of this as well.

Hm, do you feel an itching up your ass while looking at their new pics? Wink

Why, are you in your mid 30's and still dying your hair jet black too ? If you are keen on the NIN image, good for you. Didn't intend to offend. Wink

I just think it looks stupid. Probably more retarded was that last video they did which was some ridiculous action over top a office desk ?
Kapalika

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, no, not yet and no prayer for the dyeing here (ok, abysmal pun) - no offense anywhere. Wink

I don´t read bigger metal mags so I am not very informed concerning their looks etc. I listened to some more recent songs though and that was ok-ish.

Have to give their early stuff a spin someday again...
Shiru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:

No expectations right here as I've never been into Satyricon and so "The Shadowthrone" was the last record I listened to a long time ago, but I have to say that this looks like a record I'd buy for the cover art alone. Quite tasteful with a lotta space for letting the imagination roam. Too bad the music won't fit the art most probably, will it?

Well same here, though last good one for me was Nemesis... rest is too wanna be big or too rock stuff... i tihnk them become to big rock stars those days, even if i consider theirs early stuff classics..

Erkekjetter wrote:

Seen Satyr on tv quite a few times, and he is definately not trying to stay underground or kvlt.
I guess he is trying to push Satyricon to fame. Satyricon has even preformed on such televised occations as the official norwegian top 20 summershow with 60 000+ audiences of non-metal teens. The show is an annual and no cost event.

Yeah good deal
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, is Volcano and Now Diabolical THAT good that it's getting talked about much on this forum?
Guess I'll give it a listen someday.

I basically fukked off all the 'big' Blackmetal bands as Darkthrone, Mayhem, Satyricon,etc. knowing they wont' give me timeless jewels as 'De Mysteriis..', 'Dark Medieval Times', 'Under a Funeral Moon', etc.
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLTHRASHER wrote:
Damn, is Volcano and Now Diabolical THAT good that it's getting talked about much on this forum?
Guess I'll give it a listen someday.

They're okay albums, but the last really good Satyricon album in my opinion was Rebel Extravaganza (if you can get beyond the ridiculous album title and even stupider image at the time).
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold the first 3 Satyricon LPs for $1000 US dollars just after their '06 Australian tour. Was the best return on $60AUD I ever made.

Though I love the Shadowthrone, the experience was enough to inspire me to sell. Frost's drumming live was amazing however...
Then the devil must...
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. Their videos get worse and worse.

I got to admit though, the last track on "Now, Diabolical" was pretty good. "To the Mountains" I think.
Wayne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
I couldn't give a shit if a band changes style, dress, sex, whatever if they still produce good music. Sure Now Diabolical was very different to The Shadowthrone, but they're both heavy metal, and they're both good.

I agree entirely with this. Now, Diabolical is alright, but it's the first album by them I don't love. Good band still, and fantastic in a live setting.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 3 pages and very little mention of "Nemesis Divina", which I think is their best by a mile.

"Black Lava" is one of the gayest things I've ever heard. Nevermind Satyr's stupid semiotics, the song sucks. "Now Diabolical" is the self-titled Metallica of Norwegian black metal but worse.
Goab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped liking them after "Nemesis Divina". I bought "Rebel..." but it wasn't for me anymore. The following albums are mere crap on my opinion, specially "Now Diabolical", this one being hilarious as I interviewed Satyr and stated that it was a milestone of Black Metal in the sense that it was as groundbreaking as the classic Venom or Celtic Frost albums. The worst was still to come for me when I got a ticket for free and saw them performing in Madrid on that tour with Satyr acting like a rockstar and encouraging the audience to clap their hands and blah,blah, blah. Pathetic
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know who will release the vinyl version, and when it should be out?
Ykh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how's the new album?

I think "Now, diabolical" was pure crap, I really couldn't get into it, but I like everything they did before that, "Volcano" included. Their 2002 gig in Paris was excellent.
Hallucinating Death

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guess what? Satyricon have been touring here, in fucking India!! And they're playing in not one but three cities in the country! In fact, I saw them live on Saturday. It was unbelievable, and in spite of their commercial sounding music (we had the privilege of listening to songs from their new album- not very good), I tried my best to enjoy it. I think the crowd liked them a good deal too. They were even moshing wildly to it, raising a cloud of dust every time they did that, perhaps in an attempt to add a more misty feel to the show. It made us cough insanely but I suspect Satyricon probably thought we were bending in front and headbanging to their music.

Btw, is moshing a normal thing to do when a black metal band is performing?

For those who are curious, here's our review of 'Now, Diabolical' -
http://diabolicalconquest.com/reviews/satyricon-now_diabolical.htm
http://www.facebook.com/transcendingobscurityrecords
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ykh wrote:
So how's the new album?

I think "Now, diabolical" was pure crap, I really couldn't get into it, but I like everything they did before that, "Volcano" included. Their 2002 gig in Paris was excellent.

If you want to steal some hard earned cash from Satyr, like I just did, here's a link where to download the new album:
http://www.twistysdownload.com/forums/music/2407-rs-satyricon-age-nero-2008-a.html

Haven't listened the whole album yet, but so far I feel like it's not as straightforward as the previous one. Not a big change though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28

Jump to: