P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Registered Mail
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Registered Mail Reply with quote

Out of all the thousands of packages I've sent off over the years, I never once had to send anything registered.

Within the US, is it really $10.80 to register a package (overseas of course, via First Class), on top of the actual shipping cost? I just need clarification.
Opolus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry couldn't concentrate on your "registered mail" thread anymore, due to laughing my ass off over your "KFC closed" attachment!! Laughing Laughing
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to make sure not to use any plastic tape. They only accept paper tape on registered parcels. You also can't register anything over 4 pounds so that eliminates most parcels for me. I personally don't think it's worth the money unless you don't trust the other party.

If you're going to pay more, why not use EMS? It's only a bit more than registered air mail, trackable online, and insured up to $500.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's worth it either.

Basically the story goes is that some guy is Israel wants to buy some stuff from me and he's been a major pain in the ass. I told him what it costs to register a package and he keeps insisting that it's not true. I told him registered mail is an extra $10.80 on top of the $10 for shipping.

"No, I only send you $10.80".

I told him this isn't "let's make a deal" and to fuck off.
dreamethereal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

Basically the story goes is that some guy is Israel wants to buy some stuff from me and he's been a major pain in the ass. I told him what it costs to register a package and he keeps insisting that it's not true. I told him registered mail is an extra $10.80 on top of the $10 for shipping.

I can't fucking stand people like that. Good for you for telling him to fuck off Very Happy
s.charlach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamethereal wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:

I can't fucking stand people like that. Good for you for telling him to fuck off Very Happy

While speaking of such idiots it's quite an opportunity to caution you 'bout "Aaron Barlow", e-mail infernal_old_moon @ yahoo.com. Just ignore that lad and delete his messages as soon as he's contacting you. First of all he's totally suspicious with all his different aliases, shipping address to a different person in Azerbaijan, PayPal comes from an even different person in Austria and Metal Archives shows France as location. Second of all he's exactly that kind of annyoing dumb-ass Endless Morbidity described who even dared to call insistently for a discount AND a free CD coz he paid in time. Hilarious! I guess I can say that I'm a companionable guy when it comes to trading and sales, but this was the first time I cancelled a deal and just stopped answering to mails.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He spoke with somebody else (somebody who thinks they are the god of trading on Metal Archives) who told him sending off two CD's and two tapes from the US to Israel should only be $4! Ha.

Anyway, he apologized for being a ball buster and I talked him out of this registered nonsense.
derelict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
You also have to make sure not to use any plastic tape. They only accept paper tape on registered parcels. You also can't register anything over 4 pounds so that eliminates most parcels for me. I personally don't think it's worth the money unless you don't trust the other party.

If you're going to pay more, why not use EMS? It's only a bit more than registered air mail, trackable online, and insured up to $500.

Ohohoho, didn't know that: ) Are customs as nosey on the EMS mail?
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to learn how to pack lighter. I sent two packages to US today, both had one LP inside (Root & Gorgoroth Pic LP), both packages costed 23.80 euros a piece.
I usually never bother to register the packages even though it does not cost that much in here. They are trackable for the sender only to 10 countries.
Detest Records

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
I have to learn how to pack lighter. I sent two packages to US today, both had one LP inside (Root & Gorgoroth Pic LP), both packages costed 23.80 euros a piece.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

How the hell is that possible?
Humus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We pay €15...that's not a lot better now is it.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending LP to outside Europe is something like 15 euros if the weight is under 500 grams. If it's over 500 grams, then it's almost 24 euros. Like I said, I need to pack lighter. Exclamation It should not be too hard to make it weight under 500 when it's only one LP + cardboards...
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got another winner today. Asking for pictures of a $3.00 LP to make sure "it's real". Like I'd go through the trouble of ripping a person off of $3.00.
Opolus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I got another winner today. Asking for pictures of a $3.00 LP to make sure "it's real". Like I'd go through the trouble of ripping a person off of $3.00.

Shocked Ha, ha, bloody priceless!!
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds strange, but ISRAEL's post office is very reliable and Registered Mail isn't necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: