P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DEMENTIA "Reticulation" (1987-88) 7" on NWN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Flower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>the last 20 seconds of second death really totally sound like exterminator. did you guys knew them too?

I don't believe so, but from that specific region I recall we had tapes of: Ekrion, Masacre, Parabellum, Sepultura, Sarcofago, Necrofago, Danger, War, v/a Warfare Noise, Reencarnacion, and many more. All three core members tape traded. I remember suggesting we purposely make the solo complete chaos noise. "Second Death" (briefly retitled "Asphyxiant Death" but popularized in its original title) was our most successful atmospheric track, whereas "Reticulation" was more influenced by the "From the Past Comes the Storms" (Sepultura) 1 song demo we all had (not even listed in their discog!).

I just spoke with Kelly (guitar) and we're planning to do a new extreme death/black project. there's no way we'd let it be generic or contrived sounding...and he's a complete shredder now. hopefully we can gain some label interest to get it released...
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
wow, i didn't expect the Dementia 7" die hard version to sell out in one day!

It's probably not completely sold out. The OsCommerce is not very good at keeping track of inventory. It has something to do with PayPal not sending back information to OsCommerce after someone's gone through the payment process. I'm planning to switch to Zen Cart this year to fix this problem.

Anyway, the I might have copies left, but won't know until I'm caught up with orders from this week.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Ophidian Messiah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I hope that I wont miss those that you dig up after clearing previous orders.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get the black vinyl copies in next week.

Moonchild666

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That Dementia track is killer, very Parabellum stylish.
The Retsepti stuff on MySpace is also quite good, reminds me a bit of Satan Panonski in some parts. Hehe.
templedclxvi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounded pretty south-american. is the whole track "pitch shifted" or the vocals only? i really liked the track !!
Jason Flower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonchild666 wrote:
Wow. That Dementia track is killer, very Parabellum stylish. The Retsepti stuff on MySpace is also quite good, reminds me a bit of Satan Panonski in some parts. Hehe.

thanks, that's an honour. i have a "sacrilegio" t-shirt on right now. never heard SP...anyhow the Retsepti discog is superb & I plead for folks to support that release. wholesale is much cheaper. www.myspace.com/supremeecho www.supremeecho.com

templedclxvi wrote:
sounded pretty south-american. is the whole track "pitch shifted" or the vocals only? i really liked the track !!

there's no pitch shifting on my vocals nor anywhere at all; it's simply my pure 14 year old voice through a Peavey microphone with an ancient spring-reverb...perhaps we tuned lower out of simple naivety. all songs were recorded live with no overdubs; I swear this on my life. I enjoy all the questions, keep them coming!

sincerely...jsn
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm really into the Retsepti stuff on the myspace page as well. I can't wait to hear the entire CD. The first track on the myspace page sounds almost like NWOBHM with a punk edge. I love the weirdo Eastern European vocals.

templedclxvi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Flower wrote:

there's no pitch shifting on my vocals nor anywhere at all; it's simply my pure 14 year old voice through a Peavey microphone with an ancient spring-reverb...perhaps we tuned lower out of simple naivety. all songs were recorded live with no overdubs; I swear this on my life. I enjoy all the questions, keep them coming!

FUCKING brutal vocals, my man !
Jason Flower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

templedclxvi wrote:
FUCKING brutal vocals, my man !
wait until you hear the chorus in "Reticulation"! Wink
SpectralRipper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Yeah I'm really into the Retsepti stuff on the myspace page as well. I can't wait to hear the entire CD. The first track on the myspace page sounds almost like NWOBHM with a punk edge. I love the weirdo Eastern European vocals.

they don't really know where this georgian language comes from. its nothing like slavic nor indo-european at all. they suppose it has its roots in iranian dialetc from centuries ago but noone knows for sure. btw stalin was georgian. retsepti sounds fine imo. sorta like drunk dead boys blended with meatmen. nice shit.
Jason Flower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpectralRipper wrote:
they don't really know where this georgian language comes from. its nothing like slavic nor indo-european at all. they suppose it has its roots in iranian dialetc from centuries ago but noone knows for sure. btw stalin was georgian. retsepti sounds fine imo. sorta like drunk dead boys blended with meatmen. nice shit.

the Caucus region is ancient. Although I find the entire world to be beautifully diverse, Georgia is my most favored of the 30+ countries I've experienced. my wife and I spent 5 weeks uncovering nearly every underground recording existing, many of which we now hold the sole copy of. I've planned since 3 years to do a proper audio document of the 80's, and will do it. I have the 1st punk, 1st new wave, and amazingly the masters of the first metal and thrash bands complete with photos. I loved hanging out with those people and we're friends for life.

Armenia also had underground back then...for that matter, despite the social impositions it's always been everywhere. I recommend that everyone discover Tam 89 Records. Luk is an old friend, go there and you'll enter the world of where exotic underground was first exposed. http://tam89records.com/home.html http://www.myspace.com/tiananmen89

jason
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That label looks like Legion of Death of punk rock.

Jason Flower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
these ones have metal on them:

TAM015 "Last Call For The Lost Scenes! vol.2" (Paraguay, Malta, Moldova, Brunei, Costa Rica)
> VANDALS (Tarxien, Malta)

TAM012 "Last Call For The Lost Scenes! vol.1" (Albania, Jordan, Madagascar, Reunion Island)
> KAZAR (Antananarivo, Madagascar)

TAM004 "Las Luchas De La Juventud" (Cuba)
> MEDIUM (Santa Clara, Cuba)

the Vandals song "Baptism in Fire" seriously blazes!!! Twisted Evil I can send an mp3 sometime if u want.
here's what they do now: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=41644
CR99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Flower wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
these ones have metal on them:

TAM015 "Last Call For The Lost Scenes! vol.2" (Paraguay, Malta, Moldova, Brunei, Costa Rica)
> VANDALS (Tarxien, Malta)

TAM012 "Last Call For The Lost Scenes! vol.1" (Albania, Jordan, Madagascar, Reunion Island)
> KAZAR (Antananarivo, Madagascar)

TAM004 "Las Luchas De La Juventud" (Cuba)
> MEDIUM (Santa Clara, Cuba)

the Vandals song "Baptism in Fire" seriously blazes!!! Twisted Evil I can send an mp3 sometime if u want.
here's what they do now: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=41644

this is interesting , are they still available?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: