P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sargeist - Feeding the Crawling Shadows 31.03.14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fornicator wrote:
Everyone is complaining like a bunch of school girls as usual. 'I don't like this, I don't like that', how about you SHUT THE FUCK UP for once, this shit is flooded with stupid childish remarks picking at everything.

You're stupid. What do you expect people to do when they don't particularly care for something or feel it's not up to par?
Fornicator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeonblade wrote:
Fornicator wrote:
Everyone is complaining like a bunch of school girls as usual. 'I don't like this, I don't like that', how about you SHUT THE FUCK UP for once, this shit is flooded with stupid childish remarks picking at everything.

You're stupid. What do you expect people to do when they don't particularly care for something or feel it's not up to par?

I don't expect shit from ANY of you worthless idiots, & I wasn't talking to you piece of shit.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you don't like opinions, you might be in the wrong place here.....
Fornicator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge difference between opinions and endless nagging.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes quite a character to perpetually remain silent in the face of, for instance, worthlessness or bad taste, just like anything people may find commendable will be met with admiration and praise. Has only been that way for a few thousand years. If everyone were to keep quiet about various grievances lesser or greater, instead of criticizing and condemning, an album like this would be, somewhat ironically perhaps, even more unsung. I don't really want to say "all publicity is good publicity" because no artist will ever benefit from a few pages of negative comments.

I haven't even heard the album yet myself. The sample was as bland as dishwater though and knowing the band, there's very little reason to expect anything different from the rest of it.

Qui tacet consentire videtur! Or... If it sucks, let it be known!
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fornicator wrote:
Huge difference between opinions and endless nagging.
true...
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:

I haven't even heard the album yet myself. The sample was as bland as dishwater though and knowing the band, there's very little reason to expect anything different from the rest of it.
That's just retarded. Sargeist do have a lot of bland songs, but they also have fucking amazing masterpieces inbetween.
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Sargeist over Horna any day of the week.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
Feuersturm wrote:

That's just retarded. Sargeist do have a lot of bland songs, but they also have fucking amazing masterpieces inbetween.
okay, let's rephrase then: sargeist has a lot of ''filler'' material...
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:

Amazing. Perfect. Masterpiece. The words have practically lost all meaning. I thought Satanic Black Devotion was quite good 11 years ago.

Quote:
okay, let's rephrase then: sargeist has a lot of ''filler'' material...

Yes, that's one of the many shortcomings of an artist's overproductivity. Sargeist, much like many of its peers, is a one trick pony that sometimes stumbles on a decent riff, but soon realizes it was from a Gorgoroth track.

In the name of fair play, I am still willing to give this album a chance, but much like damns, I'm also running out of chances to give here.
Zone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not getting the hate for this band. I'm seeing very little UG material that is on the same tier as Let the devil in.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
Not getting the hate for this band. I'm seeing very little UG material that is on the same tier as Let the devil in.
it's not hate perse, but as feuersturm said:
Feuersturm wrote:

Yes, that's one of the many shortcomings of an artist's overproductivity. Sargeist, much like many of its peers, is a one trick pony that sometimes stumbles on a decent riff..

they make so many songs, and some are good, but most of it is just recycle riff bm filler material...

they would be a bit better if they didn't bring out so much music back to back..
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Hallucinogen wrote:

Amazing. Perfect. Masterpiece. The words have practically lost all meaning. I thought Satanic Black Devotion was quite good 11 years ago.
I don't know about that. The riff in the beginning of "As Darkness Tears the World Apart" for example is really fucking incredible. I'll have to re-listen to their older albums to refresh my memory, but I do recall there being quite a few very enjoyable riffs.
Feuersturm wrote:

Yes, that's one of the many shortcomings of an artist's overproductivity. Sargeist, much like many of its peers, is a one trick pony that sometimes stumbles on a decent riff, but soon realizes it was from a Gorgoroth track.

In the name of fair play, I am still willing to give this album a chance, but much like damns, I'm also running out of chances to give here.
The Gorgoroth influence is definitely there, but I wouldn't say that they directly rip off Gorgoroth.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Gorgoroth influence is definitely there, but I wouldn't say that they directly rip off Gorgoroth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vyjeLjFaJrI#t=193

But as most know, Horna is more adept in riff thefts. I haven't really been out to bust Sargeist, so their potential trespasses aren't within my area of expertise. This kind of thing doesn't bother me unless it happens intentionally and as frequently as it does with Horna. Once I heard a bit of Arghoslent on some old german thrash record and thought it was a pretty neat discovery, but with Horna I'm like get outta here.

Anyone who plays the guitar knows how easy it is to get the triumphant/epic style that many bands seem to favor. The dreaded "finnish sound." You need precisely one (1) idea, which enables you to create an unlimited amount of variations of that sole idea. For a layman (no offense), preferably with blasts and a good sound to boot, it's the coolest thing ever. In reality, it's the cheapest way into writing black metal music. Sargeist has uhm, dare I say mastered this. Ignorance might make it more blissful than it is. Not all bands are guilty of course.

I do have Let The Devil In too. Bought it in delirium. Sometimes I don't mind that wishful epic sound. Not quite the same experience as listening to Kvist.

Quote:
hate perse

Finns will love that one.
Mikael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:

Anyone who plays the guitar knows how easy it is to get the triumphant/epic style that many bands seem to favor. The dreaded "finnish sound." You need precisely one (1) idea, which enables you to create an unlimited amount of variations of that sole idea. For a layman (no offense), preferably with blasts and a good sound to boot, it's the coolest thing ever. In reality, it's the cheapest way into writing black metal music.

I have to agree that the boring point in "so called finnish sound" is the lack of dynamics. There's the tremolo-parts with guitars and then when the blasts end, the guitars usually are very lifeless (and not in a good way) and drums are often playing basic beats you learn in the 4th grade, but it has "no groove". It often sounds like nothing changes, the drums changes the beat, but overall its too often very flat and the music just doesn't have the necessary peaks between different parts. Then add the muffled production and it gets very boring.

This was somewhat OT, curious about this release, the previous album managed to avoid the powerless production and sounded very good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: