P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Selim Lemouchi (The Devil's Blood) dead?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nemesis



Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 1112
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist wrote:
"There is more spirit and life in the remains of a mummified corpse than any modern interpretation of living"
nice quote... who's is it?
_________________
Good deals with: Gangraen/ primitiveblack/XyosefX(x2)/Rolex/SvnChrchs/CedSS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nosferatu



Joined: 09 Dec 2010
Posts: 739

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist wrote:
"There is more spirit and life in the remains of a mummified corpse than any modern interpretation of living"


Grave Miasma

caligulasremains wrote:
Quote:
i suppose that there are no details known about how he did it?

i want to know too.
its one thing to die for your beliefs, many people do it.
its another to live and suffer for them.
i've known people who have committed suicide, one of them was the best guitarist i personally knew and was going to be in a band with him.
i think suicide is the most selfish action anyone can take in life but at the same time i don't condemn it. kind of a contradiction i know.


Most likely by gun
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 565

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
skeletor666 wrote:
sick of this suicide love in bullshit like these clowns are somehow enlightened and can see a clear path .sad to see a young man top himself of course ,especially for a shitty music scene .


I get you. But I don't think he died "for a shitty music scene". I didn't know him, and I don't know any of the people who knew him (I'm just some fan) - but my perception is that he died because he was the kind of person who, in every culture, and in every age, is inclined to die.

Threading its way through every religious/occult system of thought, and even through a lot of ideological systems which regard themselves as secular, is the gnostic impulse. Whether the objective is 'salvation', 'freedom', or 'nirvana', it basically comes from the same place: a sense that life as we know it is incomplete, flawed, and maybe even a kind of prison - that the finitude of human/animal existence is an illusion behind which lies 'something else'. And further, that one is intimately connected with this 'something else'.

People whose lives are full of suffering and alienation are particular inclined to pick up this thread and pursue it vigorously. But it's not just the weak and unhappy. Even those who are rich, powerful, and totally 'fulfilled' in every social and material sense often come to feel that life as they've known it is stale and empty - a source of pain, in some way. If you're at all familiar with Buddhism, you know that this is the legend behind the Buddha's enlightenment - that even from a place of princely wealth and comfort, he was aware of the suffering inherent in the embodied/finite/mortal condition.

All that said, I think it's a mistake to regard death as an escape. I respect the earnestness and commitment of people like Selim Lemouchi - theirs is a genuinely religious impulse in a world that can no longer really recognize such impulses. At the same time, I know that there's no inherent enlightenment in death. This board probably isn't the place for a 'serious discussion' about metaphysics and soteriology, but suffice to say that it is those who most want to "escape" the prison who are the most deeply ensnared. Those who think that the absolute/abyss/divine is "somewhere else", I think, are deeply mistaken.

In any case - much goodwill towards Selim Lemouchi (and similar cases), but much sympathy for those who are injured by his death.


I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails, and I think your post is insightful and well thought out - but it all seems a bit much. Does everything have to be twisted into something more interesting and mystical than what it really is? I think the reality of life is actually rather dull and uninteresting more often than not. Some people just kill themselves. Why? Because sometimes they just do. I don't think such individuals being described by you are threadbearers of some conduit that is woven between all that is interesting and exotic. Unless I misunderstood your post completely? It seems like the situation here w/ this guy is being used as a spring board to peacock pseudo-occult rhetoric that is vaguely applicable - if only twisted in a way to make it such.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Farthest Star



Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 234

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails, and I think your post is insightful and well thought out - but it all seems a bit much. Does everything have to be twisted into something more interesting and mystical than what it really is? I think the reality of life is actually rather dull and uninteresting more often than not. Some people just kill themselves. Why? Because sometimes they just do. I don't think such individuals being described by you are threadbearers of some conduit that is woven between all that is interesting and exotic. Unless I misunderstood your post completely? It seems like the situation here w/ this guy is being used as a spring board to peacock pseudo-occult rhetoric that is vaguely applicable - if only twisted in a way to make it such.


The thing is, Selim fully prescribed to said "pseudo-occult rhetoric". It's really not a far fetch to assume he killed himself for reasons other than "just because", especially if he outright stated his intent to kill himself before and gave very clear reasons why.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 565

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Farthest Star wrote:
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails, and I think your post is insightful and well thought out - but it all seems a bit much. Does everything have to be twisted into something more interesting and mystical than what it really is? I think the reality of life is actually rather dull and uninteresting more often than not. Some people just kill themselves. Why? Because sometimes they just do. I don't think such individuals being described by you are threadbearers of some conduit that is woven between all that is interesting and exotic. Unless I misunderstood your post completely? It seems like the situation here w/ this guy is being used as a spring board to peacock pseudo-occult rhetoric that is vaguely applicable - if only twisted in a way to make it such.


The thing is, Selim fully prescribed to said "pseudo-occult rhetoric". It's really not a far fetch to assume he killed himself for reasons other than "just because", especially if he outright stated his intent to kill himself before and gave very clear reasons why.


Right, nah I mean I get that element. It just seems pretty convenient. If I'm gonna kill myself anyways why not wrap it up like it's something 'more' ? What have I got to lose really ? All I'm pointing out is that the catalyst at it's core for such actions tends to be rather uninteresting (but this is just my opinion - who can ever say what happens in people's heads?). You can layer it with more interesting things for effect and dignity but at it's root the reason is probably quite human and earthly. Miserable, frustrated, dejected, depressed, and at the end of the line. No special magic there. Just smoke, mirrors, and plastic vampire teeth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikael



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 1949

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that people are seeing this with various ways, here's a view with few quotes from few weeks ago and everyone can see and read it how they prefer:

http://www.progrockmag.com/news/selim-lemouchi-r-i-p/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cmflesh



Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Posts: 390
Location: FINNLAND

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:
Now that people are seeing this with various ways, here's a view with few quotes from few weeks ago and everyone can see and read it how they prefer:

http://www.progrockmag.com/news/selim-lemouchi-r-i-p/


So.. Mental problems and/or chemicals don't (still) mix. No matter how his death is romanticized. Case closed. Condolences to his family/friends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 1134

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
The Farthest Star wrote:
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails, and I think your post is insightful and well thought out - but it all seems a bit much. Does everything have to be twisted into something more interesting and mystical than what it really is? I think the reality of life is actually rather dull and uninteresting more often than not. Some people just kill themselves. Why? Because sometimes they just do. I don't think such individuals being described by you are threadbearers of some conduit that is woven between all that is interesting and exotic. Unless I misunderstood your post completely? It seems like the situation here w/ this guy is being used as a spring board to peacock pseudo-occult rhetoric that is vaguely applicable - if only twisted in a way to make it such.


The thing is, Selim fully prescribed to said "pseudo-occult rhetoric". It's really not a far fetch to assume he killed himself for reasons other than "just because", especially if he outright stated his intent to kill himself before and gave very clear reasons why.


Right, nah I mean I get that element. It just seems pretty convenient. If I'm gonna kill myself anyways why not wrap it up like it's something 'more' ? What have I got to lose really ? All I'm pointing out is that the catalyst at it's core for such actions tends to be rather uninteresting (but this is just my opinion - who can ever say what happens in people's heads?). You can layer it with more interesting things for effect and dignity but at it's root the reason is probably quite human and earthly. Miserable, frustrated, dejected, depressed, and at the end of the line. No special magic there. Just smoke, mirrors, and plastic vampire teeth.


So you're incapable of coming up with a reason to live, and yet you slag Selim off for having one to die. Well done simpleton. Laughing
_________________
http://www.dissectionforum.dk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 565

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
The Farthest Star wrote:
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails, and I think your post is insightful and well thought out - but it all seems a bit much. Does everything have to be twisted into something more interesting and mystical than what it really is? I think the reality of life is actually rather dull and uninteresting more often than not. Some people just kill themselves. Why? Because sometimes they just do. I don't think such individuals being described by you are threadbearers of some conduit that is woven between all that is interesting and exotic. Unless I misunderstood your post completely? It seems like the situation here w/ this guy is being used as a spring board to peacock pseudo-occult rhetoric that is vaguely applicable - if only twisted in a way to make it such.


The thing is, Selim fully prescribed to said "pseudo-occult rhetoric". It's really not a far fetch to assume he killed himself for reasons other than "just because", especially if he outright stated his intent to kill himself before and gave very clear reasons why.


Right, nah I mean I get that element. It just seems pretty convenient. If I'm gonna kill myself anyways why not wrap it up like it's something 'more' ? What have I got to lose really ? All I'm pointing out is that the catalyst at it's core for such actions tends to be rather uninteresting (but this is just my opinion - who can ever say what happens in people's heads?). You can layer it with more interesting things for effect and dignity but at it's root the reason is probably quite human and earthly. Miserable, frustrated, dejected, depressed, and at the end of the line. No special magic there. Just smoke, mirrors, and plastic vampire teeth.


So you're incapable of coming up with a reason to live, and yet you slag Selim off for having one to die. Well done simpleton. Laughing


At no point did I personally insult anyone. If that happened, I apologize, it was never my intention. And I think I was pretty clear in saying that I don't know what goes on in people's heads or why they do certain things and that I was just stating an opinion. Sorry if not following along made you uncomfortable. If writing it off as the musings of a 'simpleton' makes you comfy that's OK. Maybe you can make a poll about it?

Alright, I'm out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madhukapala



Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
The Farthest Star wrote:
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails, and I think your post is insightful and well thought out - but it all seems a bit much. Does everything have to be twisted into something more interesting and mystical than what it really is? I think the reality of life is actually rather dull and uninteresting more often than not. Some people just kill themselves. Why? Because sometimes they just do. I don't think such individuals being described by you are threadbearers of some conduit that is woven between all that is interesting and exotic. Unless I misunderstood your post completely? It seems like the situation here w/ this guy is being used as a spring board to peacock pseudo-occult rhetoric that is vaguely applicable - if only twisted in a way to make it such.


The thing is, Selim fully prescribed to said "pseudo-occult rhetoric". It's really not a far fetch to assume he killed himself for reasons other than "just because", especially if he outright stated his intent to kill himself before and gave very clear reasons why.


Right, nah I mean I get that element. It just seems pretty convenient. If I'm gonna kill myself anyways why not wrap it up like it's something 'more' ? What have I got to lose really ? All I'm pointing out is that the catalyst at it's core for such actions tends to be rather uninteresting (but this is just my opinion - who can ever say what happens in people's heads?). You can layer it with more interesting things for effect and dignity but at it's root the reason is probably quite human and earthly. Miserable, frustrated, dejected, depressed, and at the end of the line. No special magic there. Just smoke, mirrors, and plastic vampire teeth.


@ BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS: I understand your skepticism, but I think it's sort of lopsided and founded on a misunderstanding. Why would anyone ever think that the 'spiritual/religious/philosophical' side of life is somehow unrelated to the 'mundane' side of life? It isn't just ghosts n' goblins - it's concrete and immediate. Drug addiction, depression, physical illness, grief, social alienation and so on all have a broader existential context. And that existential context is what's being addressed here.

From the 'occult' perspective (or, more broadly, any perspective rooted in intellectual curiosity and openness), nothing is really 'mundane and uninteresting', because everything about our lives is rooted in the uncanny experience self-awareness. If it makes you more comfortable, you can restrict yourself to purely psychological (as opposed to religious terminology), but a suicide (and particularly a suicide by a person who explicitly addressed this side of life) is not "just because".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 565

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
The Farthest Star wrote:
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails, and I think your post is insightful and well thought out - but it all seems a bit much. Does everything have to be twisted into something more interesting and mystical than what it really is? I think the reality of life is actually rather dull and uninteresting more often than not. Some people just kill themselves. Why? Because sometimes they just do. I don't think such individuals being described by you are threadbearers of some conduit that is woven between all that is interesting and exotic. Unless I misunderstood your post completely? It seems like the situation here w/ this guy is being used as a spring board to peacock pseudo-occult rhetoric that is vaguely applicable - if only twisted in a way to make it such.


The thing is, Selim fully prescribed to said "pseudo-occult rhetoric". It's really not a far fetch to assume he killed himself for reasons other than "just because", especially if he outright stated his intent to kill himself before and gave very clear reasons why.


Right, nah I mean I get that element. It just seems pretty convenient. If I'm gonna kill myself anyways why not wrap it up like it's something 'more' ? What have I got to lose really ? All I'm pointing out is that the catalyst at it's core for such actions tends to be rather uninteresting (but this is just my opinion - who can ever say what happens in people's heads?). You can layer it with more interesting things for effect and dignity but at it's root the reason is probably quite human and earthly. Miserable, frustrated, dejected, depressed, and at the end of the line. No special magic there. Just smoke, mirrors, and plastic vampire teeth.


@ BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS: I understand your skepticism, but I think it's sort of lopsided and founded on a misunderstanding. Why would anyone ever think that the 'spiritual/religious/philosophical' side of life is somehow unrelated to the 'mundane' side of life? It isn't just ghosts n' goblins - it's concrete and immediate. Drug addiction, depression, physical illness, grief, social alienation and so on all have a broader existential context. And that existential context is what's being addressed here.

From the 'occult' perspective (or, more broadly, any perspective rooted in intellectual curiosity and openness), nothing is really 'mundane and uninteresting', because everything about our lives is rooted in the uncanny experience self-awareness. If it makes you more comfortable, you can restrict yourself to purely psychological (as opposed to religious terminology), but a suicide (and particularly a suicide by a person who explicitly addressed this side of life) is not "just because".


I can absolutely respect that position and admire the thought behind it.

(ok now I'm actually out)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
caligulasremains



Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 687
Location: Khan O. Sewer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:
caligulasremains wrote:
Quote:
i suppose that there are no details known about how he did it?

i want to know too.

i think suicide is the most selfish action anyone can take in life but at the same time i don't condemn it. kind of a contradiction i know.
that is because you can't relate to someone else's views....

and about the ''knowing'' part: i don't see the need for you to know (or anyone else that is not connected to selim in some personal way for that matter) what exactly happened even though i do know... he is gone... just deal with it...

that's because you can't relate to someone else's (my) views.... what a sanctimonious and ironic post. i'm interested to know if he OD'd, slit his throat, shot himself, or died of CO2 inhalation. i know exactly WHY he did it just not HOW, which was my question.
keep it to private messages next time, if you have anything more to say to me, send me a private message don't post in this thread. no one wants to see this shit.
_________________
just another shorthair poser without a battlevest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nemesis



Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 1112
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
caligulasremains wrote:
Quote:
i suppose that there are no details known about how he did it?

i want to know too.

i think suicide is the most selfish action anyone can take in life but at the same time i don't condemn it. kind of a contradiction i know.
that is because you can't relate to someone else's views....

and about the ''knowing'' part: i don't see the need for you to know (or anyone else that is not connected to selim in some personal way for that matter) what exactly happened even though i do know... he is gone... just deal with it...

that's because you can't relate to someone else's (my) views.... what a sanctimonious and ironic post. i'm interested to know if he OD'd, slit his throat, shot himself, or died of CO2 inhalation. i know exactly WHY he did it just not HOW, which was my question.
keep it to private messages next time, if you have anything more to say to me, send me a private message don't post in this thread. no one wants to see this shit.
it's the truth kid, apparantly you lack the capacity to see that suicide can be a way to other paths and probably was, you describe a classic clash between the morals that your parents put in you and you trying to wrap your head around satanism... you say you understand but do you? your post is a giant contradiction. perhaps if you would immerse yourself fully like selim did, perhaps you would really know why...truth is that we'll probably never know. and by the way, who says these are MY views? this is just rational thinking. nothing more...and about wanting to know.. it comes off as vulture-like behaviour... truth is you don't need to know as you were not connected to selim.. the people that were know what happened, and if the remainder of band/family wants to share that info in time, you will know too...the rest is immaterial.
_________________
Good deals with: Gangraen/ primitiveblack/XyosefX(x2)/Rolex/SvnChrchs/CedSS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
caligulasremains wrote:
Quote:
i suppose that there are no details known about how he did it?

i want to know too.

i think suicide is the most selfish action anyone can take in life but at the same time i don't condemn it. kind of a contradiction i know.
that is because you can't relate to someone else's views....

and about the ''knowing'' part: i don't see the need for you to know (or anyone else that is not connected to selim in some personal way for that matter) what exactly happened even though i do know... he is gone... just deal with it...

that's because you can't relate to someone else's (my) views.... what a sanctimonious and ironic post. i'm interested to know if he OD'd, slit his throat, shot himself, or died of CO2 inhalation. i know exactly WHY he did it just not HOW, which was my question.
keep it to private messages next time, if you have anything more to say to me, send me a private message don't post in this thread. no one wants to see this shit.


This is a forum. No one insulted you or said anything "private", so why you think a PM is necessary is beyond me. If you can't handle the idea of someone replying in a way that doesn't agree with you, I'd suggest you stop posting and stay on Facebook or something similar.
Also, saying you know "exactly WHY" he killed himself is pretty presumptuous. I doubt even those who knew him as a close friend know the exact reasoning. You have an interpretation based on your (incredibly limited) knowledge of the man as a human being, and that's it.
Back to top
ADK



Joined: 05 Oct 2012
Posts: 1059

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User "caligulasremains" is only here for the beef, plz ban kk thx, IXTAB?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group