P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Selim Lemouchi (The Devil's Blood) dead?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superterrorizer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising, to be honest. Just like many of us posting here, at the moment of watching the report of his life it was easy to imagine that he would take a decision like that. At least he stayed true to what he believed in.

I was expecting for a The Devil's Blood reunion in the future so I could have a chance to see them live but the expectations are over now.

Rest In Chaos

P.S: Watain, you are next Razz
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watain is getting much too large of a paycheck to do themselves in.

But all jokes aside, Selim was an incredibly talented guitarist/song writer with a very interesting take on life in general. His playing style always reminded me Eric Clapton meets David Gilmour, which is extremely rare in music today.

Honored that I was able to see Devil's blood perform a very short but amazing show.

Hope you find what you're looking for Selim. RIP
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
His playing style always reminded me Eric Clapton meets David Gilmour, which is extremely rare in music today.

That is a massive compliment.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... what a waste.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
HELLTHRASHER -l-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosferatu wrote:
you are master of your life. suicide sucks but if you are not enjoying life or having other convictions for ending it, the choice is yours. shouldn't torture yourself in order to please others.

My sentiments exactly.

Shocking news regardless. With TDB ending, he and the rest of the band just fell out of my radar. Didn't think about them anymore. Hell, I didn't even make the time to listen to his side project. Guess I should now.
I am, however, enjoying the Tabula Rasa...release immensely. After hearing of his passing, the tracks now have a much bolder voice.

I only had the honor to witness him in TDB live just once in 2012 when they toured with Watain/Behemoth/In Solitude.
His performance was impeccable in both bands.
We spoke for a stint in the backstage area after the show in regards to performing in both acts and his mindset playing live and off stage.
He was well spoken, yet reserved at the same time.
While the other guests/bands were having a good time, cracking jokes and just talking randomness, Selim was a bit. . to himself. Almost like not allowing himself to get out of 'character', if that makes any sense.

At least he left us some great tunes - I just wish it was a bigger discography.

I'm just wondering if this day was symbolic to him or he had planned to depart on Ash Wed. . trippy.

Farewell.
The journey continues.
http://www.freewebs.com/metalstormzine/
CultofDagon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it goes.
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "RIC" shit is funny.

Aeonblade wrote:
Hyper distorted go nowhere songs with feedback sections. It's like everything wrong with doom.
aginsiak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news. was a great guitarist .
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQif9-FsAWo
Gemini NCE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily one of the most soulfull and innovative guitar players of our time. even though it's just a matter of time I hope he did it with a smile on his face. Everyone should pay respect and listen to his guitar playing today. it was wonderful witnessing him play twice w the devils blood( the first being the very limited appearance with pentagram) and then once alongside watain. Rest in peace and nothingness brother.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosferatu wrote:
you are master of your life. suicide sucks but if you are not enjoying life or having other convictions for ending it, the choice is yours. shouldn't torture yourself in order to please others.
this... selim was far from mentally ill and made a very conscious decision. that is to be respected, not mocked..
TriumphanT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The competition of who "knew" him the most has begun on facebook. Ridiculous to see bands taking advantage of these things just to get some free publicity. I pretty sure 95% didn't know the guy personally. Sure they may have played a few shows together but all this "oh brother talk" is just laughable. First place right now must be In Solitude, with mentioning the word "brother" seven times in their post.

Last edited by TriumphanT on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
blacknuclearhellstorm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosferatu wrote:

This.
Mikael

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriumphanT wrote:
The competition of who "knew" him the most has begun on facebook. Ridiculous to see bands taking advantage of these things just to get some free publicity. I pretty sure 95% didn't know the guy personally. Sure they may have played a few shows together but all this "oh brother talk" is just laughable.

This always happens, one can only wonder where all his so called friends and brothers were when he could've actually needed them.
TriumphanT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:
TriumphanT wrote:
The competition of who "knew" him the most has begun on facebook. Ridiculous to see bands taking advantage of these things just to get some free publicity. I pretty sure 95% didn't know the guy personally. Sure they may have played a few shows together but all this "oh brother talk" is just laughable.

This always happens, one can only wonder where all his so called friends and brothers were when he could've actually needed them.

Exactly this!
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had so many amazing experiences with TDB's music.

A great musician and guitarist. Did not know him at all, but he was one of my favorite guitarists of all time. And the only one who has ever been able to somehow get the same feeling as David Gilmour (talking about his solo project here and not TDB).

Did not really come as a surprise though, he always were one of another world. (You atheists can read this as "crazy"). As most great artists are.

Will definitely listen through his life's work today, as I do when great musicians pass.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: