P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

AUTOPSY - Tourniquets, Hacksaws & Graves' NEW ALBUM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ias



Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 545

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One would only hope that the production was more like abscess
_________________
CATHOLIC WITCHES ARRIVED IN A GROVE..
OUR BODY A SHRINE TO THE PAGAN OVERLORD..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Feroce



Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 1616
Location: Impero Romano

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seriously going to get this on vinyl after many and many years of not purchasing this format.

Totally adore Wes Benscoter cover
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Piotr Sargnagel



Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 2187
Location: At home, in front of my computer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
@Iron Lord:

Of course Autopsy will never again release an absolute CLASSIC.
And YOU will never again feel the things you felt when listening to Autopsy's albums in the 90īs
One has to accept that
No new album can rival, can compare with the legendary Severed, Mental, Acts and Shitfun. It's absurd to expect such a thing
What we can expect is A-A+ US Death Metal, dark and hateful and a slightly sick
Something still way above most bands


good post, totally agreed
_________________
Cat skin gloves can't be cheap and whose gonna pay if someone tells a man how to play and they have to go and deck all of their gear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brooklyn Bastard 666



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 2614
Location: Brooklyn, NY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will buy the LP and cd as I do every Autopsy record.

GODS OF DEATH!
_________________
We Are Satan's Generation And We Don't Give A Fuck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AncientSlumber



Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Posts: 189
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Headless Ritual was a very good album (their best since Mental Funeral if you ask me). Let's hope the new one will be even better!
_________________
Why have you disturbed our sleep, awakened us from our ancient slumber?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iron Lord



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 1047
Location: Termight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
@Iron Lord:

Of course Autopsy will never again release an absolute CLASSIC.
And YOU will never again feel the things you felt when listening to Autopsy's albums in the 90īs
One has to accept that
No new album can rival, can compare with the legendary Severed, Mental, Acts and Shitfun. It's absurd to expect such a thing
What we can expect is A-A+ US Death Metal, dark and hateful and a slightly sick
Something still way above most bands

I comprehend what you're saying but would argue it's not "absurd to expect such a thing." The unhinged element of Autopsy is one of the reasons I enjoy the band so much and I don't hear that much any more in the later works. 'Macabre Eternal' sounded less out on a limb and more in tune with traditional metal song writing dynamics and lacked the insanity that worked so well for my ears. I'm sure they could create something that worked on this level but clearly the band are working in a different direction now which fails to provoke the response I'm looking to gain. My loss, I suppose.
_________________
Philemon Siclone wrote:
Some guys, including capricornus, read gay porn mags in front of him and threatened to rape him afterwards. It was said that he locked himself up in a bedroom, crying...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asmael LeBouc



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3528
Location: Paris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i see.

Actually they still have a bit of that hectic, unhinged thing on The Tomb Within and the 7" Horrific Obsession.
So there's still "hope" but there is also the unavoidable YOUTH factor: these sentiments you mention, this hectic/sadistic thing was greatly due to their youth I assume (while they sounded so mature already on the 1988 demo!) that was more than 20 years ago!
Imagine! After so many years, I can respectfully say that they "still have it" if not as "freshly/juicily" as before; ītis still extremely honorably so.

Maybe the classic gory logo on the new cover is a good omen of some of that frenziness of old Wink
_________________
DISJECTA MEMBRAE plays Vomitive Doom

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Iron Lord



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 1047
Location: Termight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
Actually they still have a bit of that hectic, unhinged thing on The Tomb Within and the 7" Horrific Obsession.
So there's still "hope" but there is also the unavoidable YOUTH factor: these sentiments you mention, this hectic/sadistic thing was greatly due to their youth I assume (while they sounded so mature already on the 1988 demo!) that was more than 20 years ago!
Imagine! After so many years, I can respectfully say that they "still have it" if not as "freshly/juicily" as before; ītis still extremely honorably so.

Maybe the classic gory logo on the new cover is a good omen of some of that frenziness of old Wink

I agree, Monsieur LeBouc. I dug the aforementioned e.p.s but after that got somewhat disengaged. Youth is generally a factor behind such insanity (plus the fact that they were literally, along with other acts of the time, setting the foundations of death metal and thus rules were less adhered to or even recognised), however the older we get the more prone we should be to giving less of a fuck and letting madness show itself in all its glory! As I stated before, I'll check out the albums at some stage as I still respect these masters of morbidity, I'm just looking for something a little different to what they're peddling nowadays.
_________________
Philemon Siclone wrote:
Some guys, including capricornus, read gay porn mags in front of him and threatened to rape him afterwards. It was said that he locked himself up in a bedroom, crying...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madhukapala



Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 230

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Lord wrote:
Manta wrote:
To me the Headless Ritual was Autopsy in one of their finest record performances.

But was it really?


Nope!

Personally, I don't think any of the 'new' stuff holds a candle to even the weakest moments of Shitfun or Acts of the Unspeakable. A lot of it sounds forced and uninspired. Sort of hamfisted and predictable in terms of song-writing, and individual riffs just aren't very interesting. The production doesn't suit the music at all, and the vocal performance is 'over the top', but somehow unconvincing.

I'd love to love the new Autopsy stuff, but it just isn't coming together.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
everdarkgreen



Joined: 03 Oct 2011
Posts: 317

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
Nope!

Personally, I don't think any of the 'new' stuff holds a candle to even the weakest moments of Shitfun or Acts of the Unspeakable. A lot of it sounds forced and uninspired. Sort of hamfisted and predictable in terms of song-writing, and individual riffs just aren't very interesting. The production doesn't suit the music at all, and the vocal performance is 'over the top', but somehow unconvincing.

I'd love to love the new Autopsy stuff, but it just isn't coming together.

Exclamation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jv



Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Posts: 751

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...
_________________
Stuff - http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40739


Last edited by jv on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lundamyri



Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 774
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looking forward to this, The Headless Ritual was really good!

Tracklist for the new album:

1. Savagery
2. King of Flesh Ripped
3. Tourniquets, Hacksaws and Graves
4. The Howling Dead
5. After the Cutting
6. Forever Hungry
7. Teeth of the Shadow Horde
8. All Shall Bleed
9. Deep Crimson Dreaming
10. Parasitic Eye
11. Burial
12. Autopsy

And pre-order is up for cd,vinyl and a shirt!
https://www.burningshed.com/store/peaceville/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roy



Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 91
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad for Autopsy that they enjoy some success and appreciation these days. The cover of this new upcoming album is way better than the previous.

It's somewhat awkward that i read quite some praise for Shitfun. If my memory serves me right,it was generally considered a turd when it was released in '93-'94 (what was it? '95). The death throes of a once great band.

The new albums are not bad,but the clean production takes away some of the charm of the group. Autopsy needs to be vile,slimy,filthy like on Severed Survival and Mental Funeral. Or the dutch word "smerig".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Petrificado



Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 566
Location: Reading

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because people considered Shitfun a turd when it came out, doesn't mean they were right. It really is a great record.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roy



Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 91
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petrificado wrote:
Just because people considered Shitfun a turd when it came out, doesn't mean they were right. It really is a great record.


I'll give it a spin when i pull the plug of the pc. Haven't played it for over 10 years or more now that i think of it. Might even be 15 years! I remember it consists of just short songs that go already in the Abscess direction instead of the older Autopsy. When i want to hear Autopsy i always pick the first 2 classics. Acts Of the Unspeakable was already a bit of a letdown too for me. Heck. I'm gonna have a Autopsy marathon i think. With all those hundreds of oldschool DM albums popping up these last few years,some good,some great,but most just average and without imagination,Shitfun and Acts might work refreshing on me now.

Hail Grooaauwwwlltopsy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group