P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Art Collection Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsquanch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portrait of myself by Johnny Ryan from a few years back.

Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korgull wrote:
GW painter eh? You must be pretty damn good to get silver in the golden demon. What kind of minis/armies are you into?

I got the prize in the open category for a Titan - it's one of the Dreamforge Leviathans. A little bit bigger than a Warhound and a bit smaller than a Reaver. Not the greatest photo as my camera sucks, but you can see the freehand checkerboard patterns and the cast resin water effects on the base a little bit here

My First love is my Dark Angels, but I dont seem to have many decent pics of that stuff and I CBF getting the camera and lightbox out right now. But I took a Ravenwing bike army to Arcanacon last weekend, placed 42nd out of 160 players. Pretty happy with that considering I only had 25 models on the board.

Also a big Forgeworld (or rather cheap Chinese re-casters) Death Korps of Krieg army:

Some random codex Space Marines stuff:

Last edited by Heirophant.326.AV on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saevus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have a couple of my own pieces actually framed. I'd like to frame more, although I'd probably rather sell or trade off most of them. I'm supposed to trade some work with Joe Craig at some point, and maybe some other artists.

My own Warhammer and D&D shit has been packed up and buried for a while now. Hopefully some day I can build some shelving. I've pretty much stopped collecting other than random Reaper miniatures since collecting Games Workshop products makes collecting records look like pogs.

Doesn't help that I'm living in a camper and a barn right now.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper do some fantastic stuff - it's hit and miss across their range as IIRC they were in the business of buying up moulds from smaller companies who went out of business. they are my Go-to company when working on skirmish-level games, be it for myself or commission work. I've built a few Necromunda gangs out of their various bits and bobs - I have a redemptionist gang I put together out of their Lovecraftian cultists and quite a few of my Inquisition henchmen come from their random lines. The "Bones" range they did on kickstarter recently was awesome - at around 2 bucks a mini it's hard to go wrong, no matter if you're using them for DnD campaigns or small-scale wargames (not enough variety to make 100+ model wargames armies though). As a painter I'm also a big fan of their paint triad packs. Those 3-stage gradations between shades in the same colour make 2-brush blending techniques so much quicker and easier.
Saevus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
Reaper do some fantastic stuff - it's hit and miss across their range as IIRC they were in the business of buying up moulds from smaller companies who went out of business. they are my Go-to company when working on skirmish-level games, be it for myself or commission work. I've built a few Necromunda gangs out of their various bits and bobs - I have a redemptionist gang I put together out of their Lovecraftian cultists and quite a few of my Inquisition henchmen come from their random lines. The "Bones" range they did on kickstarter recently was awesome - at around 2 bucks a mini it's hard to go wrong, no matter if you're using them for DnD campaigns or small-scale wargames (not enough variety to make 100+ model wargames armies though). As a painter I'm also a big fan of their paint triad packs. Those 3-stage gradations between shades in the same colour make 2-brush blending techniques so much quicker and easier.

One of my gaming buddies went in for one of the Bones kickstarter packages which has resulted in a giant pile of little plastic men overflowing off of his shelf. I'll probably get around to painting those, although I kind of have a hard time bringing my painting quality down enough to paint en mass again after nothing but skirmish games and single characters for the last few years. Last time I worked on an actual army I was spending around 2-3 hours per miniature which was driving me a bit crazy.
raisethedead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides European Gothic, I'm really into Tibetian Buddhist art. It often appears macabre to Western viewers (hence it increasing use in Black/Death metal artwork), but it's not perceived as such by those who make and use it.

Here is one Tibetian thanka I bought in Kathmandu. This handpainted original piece is of the medicinal type and used by village shamans/lamas who often function as healers, too.

Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saevus wrote:

My own Warhammer and D&D shit has been packed up and buried for a while now. Hopefully some day I can build some shelving. I've pretty much stopped collecting other than random Reaper miniatures since collecting Games Workshop products makes collecting records look like pogs.

One thing I'd mention on that front is that while you're 100% right about the ass-raping pricing GW insist on, there are a lot of ways around it. I've had quite a few folks from the extreme metal scene dig me out their old boxes of 2nd edition 40k stuff and pass them along for a box of beers. A day or two sitting in brake fluid or similar paint stripper and the shoddy paintjobs people did when they were 12 comes right off. Between the Chinese resin recasts, the fishing tackle boxes categorized into left arms/right arms/legs/guns etc that you build up and the swap-meet aspect of going to tournaments and posting on forums, I don't think I've bought a new mini for 4 or 5 years now. If anything I sell much more than I buy - case in point, last weekend I cleared 6 Leman Russ tanks I bought at a garage sale for $10 each, stripped and airbrushed in 1944 Wehrmacht tritone camo for $50 odd bucks each - only because I decided that much as I'd like to run an armoured company in Apocalypse games I had to clear out some space. It's a good way to practice while still keeping things ticking over - at the end of the day, you play Apocalypse once or twice a year and the rest of the time there is no reason to keep all that shit sitting around. I've resolved to do a big clear-out of stuff I'm not using and focus on painting single competition-grade figures this year, given that I cant really use my airbrush till the building work is done.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn heirophant, you paint all those? Serious talent.
Saevus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dug up some of my photos of the stuff I painted from the Brom art based game Dark Age. These were probably painted around 2005-2006, spending around 4-10 hours on each. Painting miniatures basically taught me how to paint period, and that's why a lot of my color album covers look exactly like this shit.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procreation demo art

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom's lithograph:

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Grieco:

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random print I like.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel Tinemmans prints:

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel Tinemmans copper plate etching prints:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: