P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ARKHA SVA appreciation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speerhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mikama Isaro Mada comp all the way. Love the balance of rawness and solid compositions.
Närxhen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's a good release, but for me Rekonquista is so much better than Hymne, it almost spoils the end of the compilation. But I still appreciate Hymne though, it is just not the best of Arkha Sva imo...
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Närxhen wrote:
I just discovered this new song, aphazardly, from the upcoming ep :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZL15KkGMJ4

I hate to spoil the party again but anyone else bothered by the flat, hollow sound? They can't seem to rid themselves of the same fault. And does Aphdegma deviate from this at all? The rawness comes across as make-believe and artificially conceived, not instinctive as it really should.

I wish they'd use the weird clean vocals all the time too. I hate it when the pros are being snuffed out by the cons like this.
Fullmoon91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their cover of Misery Fear and Storm Hunger is probably better than any of their original material.
C./d.a.p.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orlok wrote:
Ahpdegma is pretty good, definitely recomended. Fans of Manierisme and Endless Dismal Moan will also enjoy the band.

d:a:p will in-stock few copies of Ahpdegma's promo "Despite all you Pain" some time this month.
Närxhen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Feuersturm : Your point is interesting. I'm also kind of sensitive about the sound of the band I listen to and pretty exigent even if I can excuse some points if it's really great. But I like how this new song sounds, I don't really understand what do you mean by flat and hollow ?

At the first try I liked it but I was a bit disappointed about the fact that it looks like common Arkha Sva (good but not "risky"). But since yesterday I have been listening to it a lot and each time is better than the previous one and now I really enjoy it ! Before going further I'll wait to have it in proper hands, but it's still the Arkha Sva I like to hear. What are their records that sounds in "the right way" for you ?

Concerning Ahpdegma...well...it's really difficult to describe such kind of Black Metal, specially because it's not the kind of BM I used to listen a lot usually so I'll let someone more qualified giving you an answer, but the previous descriptions are relevant in my opinion !
Orlok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Arkha Sva releases for me are Gloria Satanae and Zeelum Aphalis Smitael. Ahpdegma is as raw as Manierisme and with a similar atmosphere, with eerie keyboards in the background.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Närxhen wrote:
But I like how this new song sounds, I don't really understand what do you mean by flat and hollow ?

Lacking in strength. Especially in the guitars, which are this kind of trebly haze that you first get when you plug a guitar into a budget virtual amplifier. It's this neglected modern ug bm sound that I hate. The music begs power and even if the ideas are straight from the Arkha Sva pool, it would certainly greatly benefit from a good dose of kickass. I miss the warmth and charm of older black metal recordings. Some bands pull that off today like it's no big deal.

Närxhen wrote:
What are their records that sounds in "the right way" for you ?

I only have Gloria Satanae, some split with Winter Funeral and the demo compilation released in 2008. I think they all had a pretty similar sound. I realized that especially Gloria Satanae sounded better on my old shitty Sony stereos from the 90s because they muffled everything up. In reality the sound is pretty close to what we can hear in the sample.

The singer is somewhat curious as well because he can do a pretty neat clean wail that first came out of nowhere. But when he screams, he sounds like he's somewhere between a bad Dani Filth impression and a screamo band. Pretty sure he has the pipes to get it right. Another little disservice for the band anyway.

Still keeping my eyes open just in case the next album somehow rules. Stars be aligned! And still haven't heard Ahphphdegma.
astraltemple

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHPDEGMA tape is now in stock.
astraltemple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A track from the upcoming AHPDEGMA album can be heard here:

https://soundcloud.com/astraltemple/ahpdegma-may-hemerokallis
Närxhen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitly interested by this project !

By the way, considering it's an Arkha Sva thread, I highly recommend the last EP "Donusdogama". Excellent stuff as usual, my only regret is to have only two new songs after four years of silence, but they are still active so it's just a matter of time (lot of time though) now and that's what is important.
cuchulainn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astraltemple wrote:

amaaaazing Twisted Evil

I still have a couple copies of the demo, for anyone interested.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astraltemple wrote:

Ho Lee Fuk that is bad.
kakos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astraltemple wrote:

Quite an unhinged and demented song, I like it. Is the Manierisme guy involved in this project? The guitars sound very similar to his solo endeavours.

I have enjoyed most of the stuff put out by Arkha Sva thus far, but the new EP didn't really do it for me. Most of the riff patterns and melodies sound way too similar to earlier material by the band, so the songs just end up sounding boring and recycled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: