P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Guilty Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lordoftherim



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 2866

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden38 wrote:
^Just please dont file sexual harassment charges, nobody needs to know ok my friend! Laughing

Also this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rOvmVxj6DdA



Baiting noobs = spitting in the water and grabbing bluegill’s by hand. You aren’t even fun.
_________________
trade-want list/available list- http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20339
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorm



Joined: 18 Sep 2013
Posts: 938
Location: Loreina

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
On the subject of guilty pleaseures, why are they guilty to you? I like shit music in the same way I like shit movies. I know they're shit yet I thoroughly enjoy them and I have no shame about it.


I think this thread serves only for bands irrelevant for single threads. When I post something here, it's mostly because it doesn't fit the other discussions. I'm a huge ABBA/70's disco, 80's synth-pop/new wave, 90's eurodance fan and have absolutely no shame about it.
In fact, the stuff I'm "ashamed" to listen (or to have listened) are the first "metal" bands I heard, like System of a Down, Korn... etc. And I still play a SOAD album every two years or so, when I get nostalgic.

On the other hand, I tend to get bored by the general view metal bands give, especially war metal, NSBM and so on. I do like the music and politics, but guys speaking about stuff they have no clue about (like war) just make me want to beat those guys down.

The more time passes, the less I care. Just listen to what you like, do what you think is right, that's all.
_________________
NWN PROD wrote:
Please no racist jokes or whatever about Israel. WE ALL KNOW THIS ENTIRE REGION IS SHIT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cochino



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 726

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorm wrote:
cochino wrote:
On the subject of guilty pleaseures, why are they guilty to you? I like shit music in the same way I like shit movies. I know they're shit yet I thoroughly enjoy them and I have no shame about it.


I think this thread serves only for bands irrelevant for single threads. When I post something here, it's mostly because it doesn't fit the other discussions. I'm a huge ABBA/70's disco, 80's synth-pop/new wave, 90's eurodance fan and have absolutely no shame about it.
In fact, the stuff I'm "ashamed" to listen (or to have listened) are the first "metal" bands I heard, like System of a Down, Korn... etc. And I still play a SOAD album every two years or so, when I get nostalgic.

On the other hand, I tend to get bored by the general view metal bands give, especially war metal, NSBM and so on. I do like the music and politics, but guys speaking about stuff they have no clue about (like war) just make me want to beat those guys down.

The more time passes, the less I care. Just listen to what you like, do what you think is right, that's all.

I got into metal the same way you did, apparently, but none of those bands hold any nostalgic value to me. For some weird reason, I usually get much more of a nostalgic kick for music that I didn't like back then but it was trendy and playing eveywhere. I guess I don't like being reminded of how much of a douchebag I was in my early teens but I enjoy remembering how much of a douchebag everyone else was.
The thing I was more interested in talking about is as to why do we think certain bands or music genres like 80s pop or stuff like that are OK, yet we shit all over any metal band for using female vocals all of a sudden or whatever.
And just to be clear, I'm not saying that you can only listen to metal and that's it, but I think that if you have developed a certain taste and criteria through the years, no matter how diverse are your listening habits there is some sort of underlying consistency to them. I think can explain why I like all the music I like, regardless of the genre as well as why I don't like other stuff. And that's why I'm completely puzzled by the specific case of REM, since I think both musically and aesthethically (and probably even ideologically) they stand so far away from anything metal related, and even more so the kind of metal usually discussed in this forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kktz



Joined: 15 Oct 2014
Posts: 1032
Location: Slavonia

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked some random lyrics about how artificial is everything about social networks blah blah was kinda well written. Turned out it was some metalcore band Crying or Very sad
_________________
http://oldensonorities.blogspot.com/

https://www.discogs.com/seller/kktz/profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorm



Joined: 18 Sep 2013
Posts: 938
Location: Loreina

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
The thing I was more interested in talking about is as to why do we think certain bands or music genres like 80s pop or stuff like that are OK, yet we shit all over any metal band for using female vocals all of a sudden or whatever.


I guess one answer might be the fact the we did not grow up hearing this music (80's pop, 70's disco...). I tend to imagine that if I was a teenager like the one I was in this millenium but in the 80's ou 70's, I would have said to anybody who'd have listen to stuff like this "It's fucking shit don't listen to that.". Yet here I am playing Dschinghis Khan's Moskau when completely drunk with friends and singing the lyrics.

I am horrified to think that my (future) kids will do the same with Rihanna and shit like that, but I guess that's the endless time spiral we can't stop.
_________________
NWN PROD wrote:
Please no racist jokes or whatever about Israel. WE ALL KNOW THIS ENTIRE REGION IS SHIT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cochino



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 726

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorm wrote:
cochino wrote:
The thing I was more interested in talking about is as to why do we think certain bands or music genres like 80s pop or stuff like that are OK, yet we shit all over any metal band for using female vocals all of a sudden or whatever.


I guess one answer might be the fact the we did not grow up hearing this music (80's pop, 70's disco...). I tend to imagine that if I was a teenager like the one I was in this millenium but in the 80's ou 70's, I would have said to anybody who'd have listen to stuff like this "It's fucking shit don't listen to that.". Yet here I am playing Dschinghis Khan's Moskau when completely drunk with friends and singing the lyrics.

I am horrified to think that my (future) kids will do the same with Rihanna and shit like that, but I guess that's the endless time spiral we can't stop.

That is true. Being detached from the context of production allows you to appreciate music as music itself, without any of the cultural associations it had back in the day (I mean, just look at all the Metal vs. Disco rethoric back in the early 80s). However, this is what puzzles me about people around here revindicating 90s stuff. Maybe they're all kids born after 95 or something, but it feels strange, considering only a few years ago, in the lifespan of this very forum, most of that stuff was constantly being shit on around here. Maybe it's just that the constant exposure and interaction of social media and the internet in general has accelerated these processes this much but it's weird to see how fast things do a 180° turn.

Btw, despite being a blatant Boney M ripoff, Dschinghis Khan rules. Mostly due to the bald guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AmaLurra



Joined: 13 Mar 2010
Posts: 2644

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myrkur. Second album is very good. The significant folk element is to my liking. Black metal bits are good, too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eS2zbtUFzU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hallucinogen



Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 1262

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been listening to Azusa Kobayashi - BLUE on repeat for a couple of days now.
All the songs are terrific except the one shitty weird electronic one in the middle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmw9nCpOyU
Shame the drums are programmed though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sloughfegkillers



Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 2088

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to Bronski Beat and you’ll get a genuine feeling of shame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MT



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloughfegkillers wrote:
Listen to Bronski Beat and you’ll get a genuine feeling of shame.

no way! one of the best, no shame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 10381

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I like to listen to wimpy hippie folk rock from the 60s and 70s. Cat Stevens, Jimmie Spheeris, some of the non sucky Simon & Garfunkle songs, etc. Stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsT2OlpEyUg is great evening chill out music. Would appreciate some recommendations if you have any.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Teh_gei_Master



Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 756
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been listening to a lot of 80's Hi-NRG/synthpop/techo/disco stuff (not guilty pleasure, just pure pleasure) but now i've been getting into some hardcore techno & trance shit from the 90's and early 00's. Been listening to this Hard NRG compilation daily for the past week: https://youtu.be/C4-ZakDvU9g

Techno is frustrating music to listen to. Makes you feel like doing drugs constantly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 4594
Location: Aetheiapolis

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh_gei_Master wrote:
Been listening to a lot of 80's Hi-NRG/synthpop/techo/disco stuff (not guilty pleasure, just pure pleasure) but now i've been getting into some hardcore techno & trance shit from the 90's and early 00's. Been listening to this Hard NRG compilation daily for the past week: https://youtu.be/C4-ZakDvU9g

Techno is frustrating music to listen to. Makes you feel like doing drugs constantly.


I've been jamming Texas Faggott - Pilluminati Cuntroll and it def makes me feel like my heart is on speed
_________________
VanHammersly wrote:
they laughed when i said one could be eaten back to life
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Neon



Joined: 29 Dec 2017
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Sometimes I like to listen to wimpy hippie folk rock from the 60s and 70s. Cat Stevens, Jimmie Spheeris, some of the non sucky Simon & Garfunkle songs, etc. Stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsT2OlpEyUg is great evening chill out music. Would appreciate some recommendations if you have any.


I assume you're already familiar, but listen to as much Neil Young (& Crazy Horse) as you can.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Insalubriousnecroticism



Joined: 04 May 2018
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightbringer. Especially after they quoted Julius Evola in their last album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 62 of 64

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group