P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Best Deathspell Omega Album (Avant-Garde era)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

DSO
Si Monumentum Requires Circumspice
57%
 57%  [ 44 ]
Fas Ite Maledicti in Ignem Aeternum
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Paracletus
26%
 26%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 76

Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numerator41 wrote:
holy ghost wrote:
They aren't even really that weird you guys....

It's nothing The Dillinger Escape Plan hadn't done ten years prior... Wink
Candlemass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough choice, everything from SMRC onwards is outstanding.

Hallucinogen wrote:
Thoth wrote:
Simple minds like simple music Cool
Indeed. I sometimes think that all these baseless trendy accusations of "artistic hipster black metal" and Dillinger Escape Plan comparisons are the result of some kind of insecurity. Maybe some of these people are afraid of being retarded, so they make up this crap in order to justify their inability to comprehend the music.

x2

gromcrom wrote:
Other fails must listen instead homeless hiking gypsy of Darkthrones.
HÝrus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
Thoth wrote:
Simple minds like simple music Cool
Indeed. I sometimes think that all these baseless trendy accusations of "artistic hipster black metal" and Dillinger Escape Plan comparisons are the result of some kind of insecurity. Maybe some of these people are afraid of being retarded, so they make up this crap in order to justify their inability to comprehend the music.

We could follow the same reasoning for some of the blind "DSO 2.0" worshippers who just seem to car about being pretentious on forum and "social medias" ? Rolling Eyes

Read your comment and those of your friends. They sound as stupid as the "it's mathcore lol" ones.
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
GenericBlackMetalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha there seems to be no in between. They're either amazing or hipster/artsy/pretentious Laughing

Personally, I find them BORING. Flame me Embarassed
FLP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si Monumentum has got the best songs, but Paracletus is playing on a high level constantly. Absolutely no fillers there. FAS is a bit too chaotic/math. I understand the fuss about DsO. I guess, even if Beherit becomes that popular and adored by non-black metal people, lots of purists will dislike them because of that. Yes, that's sad.
kush_dad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear no arty/hipster whatever shit. all i hear is tech death disguised as "black metal." i'll stick to Darkclone Omega thank you very much.
Superterrorizer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMRC here!!!

BTW, I still haven't found how to relate late Deathspell Omega to hipster bullshit...
TDG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superterrorizer wrote:
BTW, I still haven't found how to relate late Deathspell Omega to hipster bullshit...

Incoherent, pretentiously "deep" lyrics + annoying jazz-inspired moments + forced pseudointellectual approach = late DSO = hipster bullshit
nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those "no riffs" or "tech death" arguments against DSO are not any less stupid than the ones accusing them of being hipsters, christians etc.
formdestroyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDG wrote:
Superterrorizer wrote:

Incoherent, pretentiously "deep" lyrics + annoying jazz-inspired moments + forced pseudointellectual = late DSO = hipster bullshit

I'm confused. Does this mean the band members are hipsters? Or hipsters listen to DsO?

As far as the poll is concerned, I would vote for Paracletus, but my personal favorite is the split with SVEST. The last 5 minutes of that song are amazing. The horn and the clean vocals get me every time.
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone that isn't the person who is saying "hipster" is a hipster, clearly. whoever smelt it dealt it.
Thoth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Haha there seems to be no in between. They're either amazing or hipster/artsy/pretentious Laughing

Personally, I find them BORING. Flame me Embarassed

Quote:
GenericBlackMetalhead

On another note, I think that's proof that this band is totally masterful: they leave almost nobody cold to their music, they either love it or hate it. Proof that somehow it's something extremely powerful after all...

And people who think DSO is just some trendy hipster artsy tech thing just make me laugh. I think it's ok that different people like different music and some individuals really like their music "to the point", more primal/primitive. That's fine, I love that too. But hating on such a masterful band that has pretty much changed how everyone sees Black Metal as a whole, being able to create something of such unparalleled spiritual evil and unmatched atrocity, truly proves that these individuals are completely missing the point.
The Farthest Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSO are severely misunderstood by fans alike as detractors.

Most seem to miss even the most obvious things like the readily apparent connection between the three cover paintings in the Trilogy. Even those that do notice fail to understand the significance. Considering that, I'm entirely sure that even the loudest DSO fanatics (perhaps them in particular) cannot begin to parse their prose - the intentionally obtuse, torturous broth of anything and everything. Reinterpreted biblical snippets, picturesque poetic outbursts cleverly hiding microscopic imagery, intentional collisions of seemingly opposite absolutes and quotations of other poets (good chunk of Paracletus is a direct lift of Baudelaire) -- there's definitely an active intent to confuse. It's actually an important part of the process. Yet everyone's in such a goddamn hurry to proclaim that they understand it all and completely get everything.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interview they did on Ajna wasn't exactly hard to understand. There was nothing new under the Sun and nothing that profound behind the big words and obscure references. Anyway, the track on the Crushing the Holy Trinity compilation was such a borefest that I didn't even bother to check the rest, especially considering this "I'm too intelligent for you" attitude they and some of their friends like a lot. This works on ignorant masses, not on people that have a slight understanding of how propaganda and manipulation works. I'm glad for their sales but I won't fall to the trick.
Frozen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you're saying is that understanding their formula renders their art meaningless? That's almost as ignorant as claiming the opposite. Well done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: