P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

British 90's/second wave Black Metal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Anacharsis_Satyrus



Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
Never heard Craven Idol, but I enjoy black/death stuff so I'll probably check that out at some point.


They're on Dark Descent in the US. Good clean Sarcofago worship with some great NWOBHM style leads.
_________________
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing. - some Greek.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Elite



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 2726
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have on cassette somewhere the 'UK black metal documentary' that was broadcast on Radio 1 in 1995- if anyone remembers it? It was made in response to UK's number one satanic terrorist Paul Timms getting arrested for smashing a graveyard. It's a bit shit from what I remember in my current jaded mid-30's perspective (talking heads from Varg 'I will piss on his grave' etc/ and Dani Filth as well as a bunch of christians and Paul Timms mum) but I probably obsessed over it when I was 17. Maybe I'll try and dig it out. Pretty sure it's a bit of Uk black metal history, if that's what you could call it, that passed most people by.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 1138

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do!
_________________
http://www.dissectionforum.dk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StuartL



Joined: 26 Jun 2013
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes please Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Petrificado



Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 570
Location: Reading

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
I have on cassette somewhere the 'UK black metal documentary' that was broadcast on Radio 1 in 1995- if anyone remembers it? It was made in response to UK's number one satanic terrorist Paul Timms getting arrested for smashing a graveyard. It's a bit shit from what I remember in my current jaded mid-30's perspective (talking heads from Varg 'I will piss on his grave' etc/ and Dani Filth as well as a bunch of christians and Paul Timms mum) but I probably obsessed over it when I was 17. Maybe I'll try and dig it out. Pretty sure it's a bit of Uk black metal history, if that's what you could call it, that passed most people by.


Reminded me of that Living With the Enemy program on Channel 4 with Cradle, must have been 1999/2000, something like that. An embarrassing load of old twaddle, presumably on youtube somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltering in Blood



Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 2153
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
I have on cassette somewhere the 'UK black metal documentary' that was broadcast on Radio 1 in 1995- if anyone remembers it? It was made in response to UK's number one satanic terrorist Paul Timms getting arrested for smashing a graveyard. It's a bit shit from what I remember in my current jaded mid-30's perspective (talking heads from Varg 'I will piss on his grave' etc/ and Dani Filth as well as a bunch of christians and Paul Timms mum) but I probably obsessed over it when I was 17. Maybe I'll try and dig it out. Pretty sure it's a bit of Uk black metal history, if that's what you could call it, that passed most people by.


Very Happy

Haven't thought about that for years. I think the interviewed his headmaster too? His mum was rattling on about the posters in his room and his inverted crosses. Embarrassing. Whatever happened him and his 'band'? Didn't Kerrang! even do a feature on him?

EDIT: found this while looking for him...I remember this too..mostly my Dad laughing hysterically Very Happy http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1225/23941/An-Interesting-Look-At-How-Black-Metal-Was-Viewed-By-The-Media-In-The-Early-90s
_________________
WANT LIST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Elite



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 2726
Location: London

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW- haven't seen that for a while- I remember watching that when it was on!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feuersturm



Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 687
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every country seems to have their own concerned news story about the many dangers of black metal. We had ours too, not to mention an ex-satanist turned christian who basically went from hallucinating on drugs to hallucinating on Jesus, promoting ludicrous ideas of salvation to people she thought absolutely need it. It's all equally blown out of proportion and riddled with ignorance. You could do a concerned news story about the dangers of any household item of your choice. Those who re-enact things they read in lyrics of metal bands would probably re-enact something they saw in a horror movie if that was their only source of inspiration.

I've listened to extreme music since I was 13 and I've never hurt a fly. However, the circumstances around the great anthill massacre of 1996 remain unclear...
_________________
:-l
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ADK



Joined: 05 Oct 2012
Posts: 1064

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
However, the circumstances around the great anthill massacre of 1996 remain unclear...


Various unsolved cases of anticide in the mid-80ies here as well. In some cases, weapons of mass destruction were used.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StuartL



Joined: 26 Jun 2013
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1225/23941/An-Interesting-Look-At-How-Black-Metal-Was-Viewed-By-The-Media-In-The-Early-90s

Oh yeah lol I remember this one. Don't know anything else though, that Kerrap! article sounds funny and interesting though, same with anything about that band he was in.
Petrificado wrote:

Reminded me of that Living With the Enemy program on Channel 4 with Cradle, must have been 1999/2000, something like that. An embarrassing load of old twaddle, presumably on youtube somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMFdhw4BXmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ1etjJTkYc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Me-uAmgSQ
Yeah it's some goth kid's moms (he has 2 for some reason or something) staying with the band while they whine about absolutely everything and Dani keeps coming up with this pretentious shit until he finally gives them a hug and admits he "isn't a real satanist" so they don't rip off the kid's posters and stuff. Laughing
Still not as stupid, funny or as embarrassing (towards the end) as the one they did with Amputated and that washed up girl band though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Petrificado



Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 570
Location: Reading

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god that Amputated one is ridiculous. Mongy band.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dismal



Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 519

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StuartL wrote:
Weltering in Blood wrote:
http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1225/23941/An-Interesting-Look-At-How-Black-Metal-Was-Viewed-By-The-Media-In-The-Early-90s

Oh yeah lol I remember this one. Don't know anything else though, that Kerrap! article sounds funny and interesting though, same with anything about that band he was in.
Petrificado wrote:

Reminded me of that Living With the Enemy program on Channel 4 with Cradle, must have been 1999/2000, something like that. An embarrassing load of old twaddle, presumably on youtube somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMFdhw4BXmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ1etjJTkYc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Me-uAmgSQ
Yeah it's some goth kid's moms (he has 2 for some reason or something) staying with the band while they whine about absolutely everything and Dani keeps coming up with this pretentious shit until he finally gives them a hug and admits he "isn't a real satanist" so they don't rip off the kid's posters and stuff. Laughing
Still not as stupid, funny or as embarrassing (towards the end) as the one they did with Amputated and that washed up girl band though.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4kDEUq5IQ

I can't be arsed to post all the rest...
_________________
http://portentuk.bandcamp.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group