P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Prague?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Typhon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Prague? Reply with quote

I am going to Prague for a few days, so I need directions to some great metalshops etc..?
Morbid69

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a few record stores but didnt find much. Sorry I can't remember the names either but I've seen a few mentioned on this board, so someone should help you out there.

As for tourism make sure you get a hot dog in the new town, don't eat anywhere in the old town (unless recommended - rip offs everywhere!) and spend some time getting accustomed to the tram and metro system, which is excellent. Tip generously too, despite their economy czech cooks put alot of fucking effort into their work and as a result, the food rules pretty much everywhere the locals are eating.

Make sure you go to Kutna Hora (an hour out of Prague) of course, simply for the bone church which is cool for about 10 minutes and the alchemy museum which is an almost hidden gem (it's in the main square, dont waste your time with those shitty signs) and some good restaurants at the top of the hill.

Cesky Krumlov (two hours out of Prague, one hour from Linz) is more than worth a stay too. Plenty of tourists, but it's a fucken great little place to spend a few days eating and drinking and making a few hiking trips to the surrounding forest and castle ruins.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucky you, Prague is great
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, should be going to Prague for a uni trip early next year! Very Happy Look forward to having a look around regardless of whether there are metal shops about or not...

...plus you hear good things about Czech women too.
Wraith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:

...plus you hear good things about Czech women too.

Humus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid69 wrote:
As for tourism make sure you get a hot dog in the new town, don't eat anywhere in the old town (unless recommended - rip offs everywhere!) and spend some time getting accustomed to the tram and metro system, which is excellent. Tip generously too, despite their economy czech cooks put alot of fucking effort into their work and as a result, the food rules pretty much everywhere the locals are eating.

Nothing wrong with eating in the old town as long as you use common sense. The ones who scream the loudest and have the most tourists are the ones you need to avoid. Take your time, look at the menu's hanging outside, and if you enter a place where there are a lot of locals you've most likely hit the jackpot. This year we found a great steakrestaurant in Prague with big plates filled with meat for €8.
About the tipping, don't overtip cause they will feel emberrassed because you're a rich foreigner. Last year we went drinking in a place next to a lake for some days, and they had a cute waitress. Last day we gave her something like 15-20 euro tip (we were with 6 guys so it meant nothing to us, beer is so cheap you can easily do this) and she got all red and reluctant to accept it. Instead of appreciating it for what it is, they see it as rich foreigners showing off their wealth.
Typhon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can €uros be used everywhere (if using cash) or should I exhange to CZK?
Morbid69

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used CZK
Humus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big places: €
Small places: CZK

I would make sure I have atleast some CZK.
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid69 wrote:

Make sure you go to Kutna Hora (an hour out of Prague) of course, simply for the bone church which is cool for about 10 minutes and the alchemy museum which is an almost hidden gem (it's in the main square, dont waste your time with those shitty signs) and some good restaurants at the top of the hill.

I have plan to visit kutna hora in near future (to see Kostnice Sedlec ossuary of course)... also, did anyone here ever visited french catacombes?

Bone Chalice:

AWESOME! Now image seven of them Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: