P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bands that are banned from playing in certain countries.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorehound

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Bands that are banned from playing in certain countries. Reply with quote

Many of us hope certain bands would come to tour in our countries only to have our hopes squashed due to those bands being banned from ever playing or even entering our countries.

So what bands/artists are banned from touring/playing in certain countries.

I know the guys from Blasphemy are not allowed to play in the US.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being banned from playing in a country is a different thing then having trouble crossing a border due to maybe a single band members criminal record.

Blasphemy itself is not banned from playing in the US... it is simply a matter of a member or two I suspect, not the band itself.

Just nitpicking this thread a little because having an entire band banned for reasons is another matter entirely, usually political reasons due to a country being very religious in nature.

For example :

Being charged with an impaired (driving drunk) can disable you from entering the US from Canada... whoa, dangerous, watch out for the drunk driver... his band is banned from here for being so villainous. Laughing
SepticSchizo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think GBK or Arghoslent would have any luck playing in western europe. Maybe not because of goverment, but definately in terms of getting so called antifa attention.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if they're actually banned or not, but I don't think a Nokturnal Mortum tour in the states is on the horizon anytime soon..
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
Not sure if they're actually banned or not, but I don't think a Nokturnal Mortum tour in the states is on the horizon anytime soon..

Probably a case of fan base vs. tour cost rather than anything else wouldn't it be?
After all, they are a reformed and PC band now with a new outlook on life and general opinion about how wonderful everyone is and how colorful and beautiful all cultures can be. Razz

A group of bands like this should go on a world tour and call it the 'Apologies to the Lesser's Tour' ...go about and make stage banter heartfelt sorrowful sorry and then play away all the old classic songs. Wink
doomswing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Ragingwinter wrote:

Probably a case of fan base vs. tour cost rather than anything else wouldn't it be?
After all, they are a reformed and PC band now with a new outlook on life and general opinion about how wonderful everyone is and how colorful and beautiful all cultures can be. Razz

A group of bands like this should go on a world tour and call it the 'Apologies to the Lesser's Tour' ...go about and make stage banter heartfelt sorrowful sorry and then play away all the old classic songs. Wink

Hahahah Laughing
hell_krieger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
I give them few years they will if black metal bands are playing Mexico they will play States/Canada. Wouldn't be surprised if Nokturnal Mortum plays in South America in the near future.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell_krieger wrote:
Ragingwinter wrote:
I give them few years they will if black metal bands are playing Mexico they will play States/Canada. Wouldn't be surprised if Nokturnal Mortum plays in South America in the near future.

Anything's possible right?
hell_krieger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
hell_krieger wrote:
Ragingwinter wrote:

Anything's possible right?
at this point in time I would say.
Eivittu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Ragingwinter wrote:

Haha, loving your recent postings! Laughing
Hvit Varulv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:

I think that in case the band is from Ukraine, Russia or some similar country, there would be a bigger problem with obtaining the visa to enter the country than with the band's music or lyrics.
Same when these bands want to play in EU.

I heard that many times there are problems in Germany and Austria when a band can't perform because antifa doesn't like them, but that usually means that a particular concert is cancelled, not that they're officially banned from playing there.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SepticSchizo wrote:
I dont think GBK or Arghoslent would have any luck playing in western europe. Maybe not because of goverment, but definately in terms of getting so called antifa attention.

GBK and Arghoslent played in Finland without any problems. No antifa interference.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Warcrust

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember well IMPNAZ as a band is/was banned from some countries. I do not remember from which ones (Italy/Vatican?, Germany?)
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Bands that are banned from playing in certain countries. Reply with quote

Gorehound wrote:
I know the guys from Blasphemy are not allowed to play in the US.

I think it's more about that they or most of the members are not allowed to enter the US. Not that they "aren't allowed to play".

"You can't hide the hook!"
Grief

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SepticSchizo wrote:

GBK played here already. But yes it goes without saying that there may be issue for all bands with perceived political music or member politics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: