P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

EBAY BOOTLEGGER WARNING
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: EBAY BOOTLEGGER WARNING Reply with quote

This unfortunately Italian idiot has been spreading fake demos for some years. Avoid as hell. He has multiple accounts. May he die soon.

http://www.ebay.it/sch/svartskog-no/m.html?item=281201739010&_uhb=1&pt=CD&hash=item4178ee0502&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
dalecooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a criticism of you, as I don't know the story here, but why is anyone buying demo tapes on eBay? They're way too easy to fake and at this point I just assume any tape you see on there is phony. I don't intend to blame the victim, but really folks, if you see an "ultra-rare!" demo tape from 20 years ago on eBay, just assume it's phony unless you personally know the guy selling it and know for a fact he bought an original copy back when they were available.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Not a criticism of you, as I don't know the story here, but why is anyone buying demo tapes on eBay? They're way too easy to fake and at this point I just assume any tape you see on there is phony. I don't intend to blame the victim, but really folks, if you see an "ultra-rare!" demo tape from 20 years ago on eBay, just assume it's phony unless you personally know the guy selling it and know for a fact he bought an original copy back when they were available.

This is exactly my thoughts on eBay demo tapes as well. If you feel like the price is worth it for what is more than likely a bootleg/replication, then great, buy it...but I'll never understand people paying 20+ dollars for tapes from eBay.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.
BlackMass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. Nargaroth tapes seem original
manes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought demos on ebay from reliable sellers, like Iscariah, members of Morpheus Descends, Midnight Sun, Angelkill, and a couple of guys who used toi run a label. So I knew for sure their stuff was original. Unfortunately I once got ripped off by suicide74, years ago, I lost money and I put those demos in the trash can.
I agree with you though: nowadays 9 times out of ten buying a demo on ebay is just a dumb thing.
rauta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking the buyer feedback is a good idea too. I regularly sell old original tapes as I presume do many others who purge their collections. Or are people stupid enough to take fakes for originals even after having the tape in their hands?
manes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess so...I see that now there are a couple of Greek sellers who have been selling the same "old original" demos over and over and people seem not to realize that and they keep bidding pretty high on those items, then when they receive them they are probably all excited to hold a piece of history...whatever
Rauta: I don't know you but your nickname doesn't sound new to me, maybe I bought something from you in the past.
rauta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manes wrote:
Rauta: I don't know you but your nickname doesn't sound new to me, maybe I bought something from you in the past.

Perhaps, yes. Although I haven't sold stuff on Ebay for some time now because of the pain of listing removals, bullshit bidders, fees etc. Like everywhere in life, the "gems" always seem to move under the counter, heh.
manes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right dude, let me know if you sell something out of ebay.
I have always had some good deals with Finnish sellers.
schoolslave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackMass wrote:

Fake.
BlackMass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schoolslave wrote:
BlackMass wrote:

Fake.

Ah really? why?
(just asking, I don't know how to recognize original Nargaroth tapes.. but I have those two and mine look similar)
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This little shithead has sold over 50 of these all around the world saying they're limited edition to nightbird records. False and this guy should be beheaded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peste-Noire-Lorraine-Rehearsal-Cassette-Tape-RARE-Celestia-Svartrit-Amesoeurs-/331060083929?pt=Music_Cassettes&hash=item4d14b7fcd9

Little turd fooled me and I myself bought a copy last year ago.
schoolslave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackMass wrote:
schoolslave wrote:
BlackMass wrote:

Fake.

Ah really? why?
(just asking, I don't know how to recognize original Nargaroth tapes.. but I have those two and mine look similar)

Herbstleyd never came with a silver painted case.
The handwriting does not match, the decorations on the tapes are sloppy and not at all like Kanwulf's.
Herbstleyd is also supposed to have a pfennig attached.
Take it from someone who has owned these (came from Kanwulf), these are fake and rarely will you find legit copies on egay.
Mysticus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luxixul Sumering wrote:
This little shithead has sold over 50 of these all around the world saying they're limited edition to nightbird records. False and this guy should be beheaded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peste-Noire-Lorraine-Rehearsal-Cassette-Tape-RARE-Celestia-Svartrit-Amesoeurs-/331060083929?pt=Music_Cassettes&hash=item4d14b7fcd9

Little turd fooled me and I myself bought a copy last year ago.

??? What's wrong with this? As far as I know, the first official edition of this tape was released by Night Birds with black/white artwork limited to 300 in 2008. The second edition with red writings is limited to 500 hand-numbered copies (released in 2011 a.b.).
And the one from this auction seems to be recent third edition 2012 with black/white artwork (like the 1st one)...
Well okay, 3 editions but they seem to be all official and approved by Mr.Famine. I have got "Lorraine rehearsal" and "Folkfuck Folie" (both are editions 2012) from Roman Saenko too in my distribution and I hardly believe these are unofficial.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats so hard to believe that I built a time machine and went back and aquired these demo tapes?

They look brand new because the time jump really doesn't add age to them. Most of you are far too scientifically challenged for me to explain all this in detail. Just trust me, and buy my brand new shiny 20yr old demo tapes.

Thanks.
Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: