P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DAWN reissues!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Why would I do that? It's a great album.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecstatic_Horror wrote:
^ Why would I do that? It's a great album.

Cheers to that.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all 3 original DAWN cds.
Not selling them.
Will buy the re-issues on vinyl if they make them.
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
I have all 3 original DAWN cds.
Not selling them.
Will buy the re-issues on vinyl if they make them.

I have two of them. I have the original Slaughtersun and the 2 disc that come out in 2004. I can't believe the price on Discogs. I purchased mine for exactly 12.00
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because apparently they consistently sell for over $70 each.
if money is worth less to you than owning a "first press", then that's certainly your prerogative. I don't share your point of view.

yes brooklyn bastard 666, that's what i posted. if you need official sites to corroborate what i posted, the news articles from a few months back show, http://centurymedia.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=13774&IdCompany=2
century media is pressing all the releases on vinyl and mastering naer solen for the first time - by dan swano. i think he will do a good job on these, the sacramentum vinyl sounded fine. i have read he would

april / may for the debut and the demos, the other two to follow soon after. possibly fourfold furnace by the end of the year, but who knows about that one... the fact the rest of them are getting vinyl editions is pretty much good enough for me, I've wanted them for many moons.

Last edited by caligulasremains on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:
because apparently they consistently sell for over $70 each.
if money is worth less to you than owning a "first press", then that's certainly your prerogative. I don't share your point of view.

I own the first press. What are you talking about? I said that the asking price on Discogs is ridiculous. No one is going to pay almost 300.00 for a cd.
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote, you should sell them, and you replied with "^ Why would I do that? It's a great album."

that's what I am talking about. i am not replying to your comment about discogs asking prices. i don't care that you think the discogs asking prices are ridiculous, i'm not suggesting you buy a copy.
look at the sales history of each of the dawn cds on discogs, and check out whatever websites shows sales history for cds sold on ebay (apparently popsike is for records only), and you will see what i am talking about - all the cds sell for at least $70, usually more.

discogs asking prices are worthless and immaterial to anything i have written, the actual sale prices are what i am talking about.

i say again, sell the first presses, and get the reissues when they are released, is what i am talking about. make some money, is what i am talking about. but if first press cds are worth more to you than actual money, that is your prerogative. or hold on to your precious cds and buy the vinyls when they come out, i don't care what you do. suggesting that you would be able to make a bit of money is questionable, apparently.

very bizarre, guy. very bizarre that you had to have me explain this to you.

i hope you're able to understand this next part without further questioning: the unanimated reissues from 2008 which were remastered by the same guy who did the original mixes, peter in de betou (sp?) sound better than the original cds, i have compared them.
in the same fashion, the dawn reissues will sound just as good if not better than the originals. slaughtersun was originally mastered by dan swano, the same man who is remastering it.
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:
"^ Why would I do that? It's a great album."

that's what I am talking about. i don't care that you think the discogs asking prices are ridiculous, i'm not suggesting you buy a copy.
look at the sales history of each of the dawn cds on discogs, and check out whatever websites shows sales history for cds sold on ebay (apparently popsike is for records only), and you will see what i am talking about. all the cds sell for at least $70, usually more.

discogs asking prices are worthless and immaterial to anything i have written, the actual sale prices are what i am talking about.

sell the first presses, and get the reissues when they are released, is what i am talking about. make some money, is what i am talking about. but if first press cds are worth more to you than actual money, that is your prerogative.

I'm not into the whole selling/profiting part of metal. I'm into it because I love the music and was fortunate to buy these cds when they first came out. Maybe I'm old fashioned in my ways. I do enjoy first presses of albums when I can afford them, because like we talked about in the Incantation thread, the sound is what is more important to me. A lot of represses tend to have different artwork and other nuances that simply don't appeal to me. I'm curious to see what the Dawn represses look/sound like. If I ever decide to sell my Dawn cd's I will make you a great deal.
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still have Nær Sólen Gar Niþer For Evogher” for sale/trade
PM if someone is interested

Sorry for use this thread for this, I also think is great to have this band available again in cd/lp formats Very Happy

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
DevilAries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold my Slaughtersun 2CD on ebay....it went for $80. Saving some of that $ for the vinyl releases.
RottingGrandmaCorpse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by RottingGrandmaCorpse on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
RottingGrandmaCorpse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Flexes*
passetiermes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear these are finally coming. I had only a promo version of Slaughtersun, but lost that already years ago, and the prices for the CDs are way above what I'm willing to spend.
Edit; cool collection RottingGrandmaCorpse!
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21.04.2014 – is the release date for “Eternal Forest” and “Naer ...”
09.06.2014 – is the release date for “Sorgh …” and “Slaughtersun”.

really looking forward to hearing the mastered versions of the demo and the debut. i listen to the debut more than the others, eyesland is probably my favorite song next to sorrow flew on black wings.

i wish they'd all get released at the same time so i could order them all at once cause postage from cmdistro.de is crazy expenseroni for americans - they only do registered postage for international orders, sadly.
but i will get all the colors just like i did with the sacramentum and the moaning reissues.

also cmdistro still has copies of sentenced - shadows of past lp in orange and blue/grey. if you dont have that one yet you could order that at the same time, fantastic album. they also have the everdawn (the re-recording is the best re-recording next to svartsyn - the true legend imo) and ceremonial oath lps, so if you dont have those either you could get them to save on postage. the ceremonial oath reissue is really fantastic, an example of how reissues should be. all inclusive of their early stuff, tons of great anecdotes and info about the tracks, dozens of early photos and flyers. huge booklet. just a great release, i hope that the dawn reissues will be the same! i imagine they will be cause they did tons of notes for the sacramentum and the moaning reissues, just no pictures and flyers.
HellsUnholyGoat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the US Century Media be getting these as well for sure? The preorders are up at www.cmdistro.de so I don't want to wait on them if cmdistro.com isn't going to get them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: