P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Opeth frontman says metal fans are “closed-minded”
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Feroce

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care. I also listen to Kaamos and Dead Congregation and appreciated Bloodbath in the mean time.

I think here there's some people who hate Bloodbath just cause they are a supergroup of gay bands like Katatonia and Opeth and close their ears before he listen any riffs from the band.

This is the fact.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are probably right. It's just these conversations are literally repetative and easily determined exactly how they are going to play out. Laughing
mlotek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is Opeth, are they any good ? I have the feeling this is false
mlotek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would OPETH ever cover Fastway ??? THEY are the CLOSE MINDED!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QJRqhzt7LU
boca

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares...

Khaotopia Productions
www.khaotopia.com.hr
ChrisWitchhammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firmament wrote:

Alternatively, "Oh, you just don't like true metal! You obviously can't understand this music, it's too sophisticated for you!"

I agree there are people with that sort of mentality. I think people can listen to what the fuck they want, who cares... (I myself listen to a lot of stuff that would make your average "denim 'n' leather" metalhead go "what the fuck is he listening to?"). It's just people who think listening to something musically complex, unheard of, or even just a fucked-up mixture of different genres makes them some sort of intellectual elite and use it as an excuse to flaunt their "original" taste in music, and put themselves on a pedestal above the "dumb, uncultured masses" who have a preference for something that has more of an attachment to tradition and conforms, musically and visually, to a precise cultural movement, like most metal (heavy, thrash, death, black, doom etc).
Hvit Varulv

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
If you guys factored out who was saying it, would you disagree as a general statement?

I would. Metal was never a mainstream music genre so I'd say that everyone who started listening to it had to be relatively open minded.
Moreover the fact that there are so many sub-genres within metal is also showing something else than he's trying to prove.
ChrisWitchhammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firmament wrote:

Alternatively, "Oh, you just don't like true metal! You obviously can't understand this music, it's too sophisticated for you!"

I agree there are people with that sort of mentality. I think people can listen to what the fuck they want, who cares... (I myself listen to a lot of stuff that would make your average "denim 'n' leather" metalhead go "what the fuck is he listening to?"). It's just people who think listening to something musically complex, unheard of, or even just a fucked-up mixture of different genres makes them some sort of intellectual elite and use it as an excuse to flaunt their "original" taste in music, and put themselves on a pedestal above the "dumb, uncultured masses" who have a preference for something that has more of an attachment to tradition and conforms, musically and visually, to a precise cultural movement, like most metal (heavy, thrash, death, black, doom etc), who get on my nerves. "Trve" metal elitists I identify more with as... well, I guess just because I understand because I like the same music. Laughing Though they annoy me as well.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firmament wrote:

Or just the middle path, which is, "I like metal! If you think it's closed-minded, you probably haven't looked into it, or you have an ulterior motive!"
norwegianhowlermonkey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeonblade wrote:
This guy was always a cunt when he'd post on the old Opeth forum.

Question
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I first heard Opeth while standing in the Wild Rags store when Richard C. put a copy of Orchid on the stereo. Against his subtle advice — “it’s OK, might not be your thing” — I bought it, and spent the next dozen years regretting it before I finally sold it off

What? Laughing
If you spent over a decade regretting a $15 purchase and took that long to unload it, you should probably kill yourself. Life gets a lot harder than this shit.
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Quote:
I first heard Opeth while standing in the Wild Rags store when Richard C. put a copy of Orchid on the stereo. Against his subtle advice — “it’s OK, might not be your thing” — I bought it, and spent the next dozen years regretting it before I finally sold it off

What? Laughing
If you spent over a decade regretting a $15 purchase and took that long to unload it, you should probably kill yourself. Life gets a lot harder than this shit.

Anti Opeth fans should live, thrive, prosper...
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
Quote:

What? Laughing

Anti Opeth fans should live, thrive, prosper...

I don't care one way or the other about this band, really, but half of the people in this thread are autistic mouth-breathers. If that's thriving/prospering, I think I'd prefer death.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody totally into a specific music genre is CLOSE MINDED.

That applies to fans of Classical music/Jazz/Hiphop/Noise/D&B/Punk

Also people who "LISTEN TO EVERYTHING" (i.e. commercial bullshit on the radio) are extremely close-minded: they reject anything that's not easy-listening.

So basically everyone is rather close-minded.
Open minded people are rare but also often pretentious (because they're sooooo open-minded you know)

I think metalheads listen to a lot more music than other music fans.
Metal is much more varied than hip-hop or reggae and shit.

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Aspidis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:

Metal is much more varied than hip-hop or reggae and shit.

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: