P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Trey Azagthoth vs. Doug Cerrito vs. Rob Vigna
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Trey Azagthoth vs. Doug Cerrito vs. Rob Vigna
Azagthoth
69%
 69%  [ 66 ]
Cerrito
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Vigna
25%
 25%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 95

necrodeceitdoctrinator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Farthest Star wrote:
necrodeceitdoctrinator wrote:
But Cerrito and Vigna never done Illud Divinus Insanus Laughing I don't know really who choose...extreme love for all of them..

Say what you will about IDI -- there's some fucking riffs on that album. I'd honestly rather listen to it than Immolation's latest output. It's a varied, entertaining trainwreck while recent Immolation is just... Pinch harmonics over plastic drum samples.

According to me drum sound on the latest Immolation album is the only bad thing on it
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Farthest Star wrote:
I'd honestly rather listen to it than Immolation's latest output.

You'd rather listen to Morbid Angel rip off late-90s nu metal than solid death metal?
The Farthest Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
The Farthest Star wrote:
I'd honestly rather listen to it than Immolation's latest output.

You'd rather listen to Morbid Angel rip off late-90s nu metal than solid death metal?

Solid? Boring death metal. Lazy, flavor free, plastic. Even if they trip over a decent riff or two here and there, it's all far too limp to be enjoyable. As I said, I'd honestly rather laugh at Morbid Angel than snooze along to Immolation.
GenericBlackMetalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idiot Laughing
Kojiri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock N Rolf

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
El Feroce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Farthest Star wrote:
Say what you will about IDI -- there's some fucking riffs on that album. I'd honestly rather listen to it than Immolation's latest output. It's a varied, entertaining trainwreck while recent Immolation is just... Pinch harmonics over plastic drum samples.

Solid? Boring death metal. Lazy, flavor free, plastic. Even if they trip over a decent riff or two here and there, it's all far too limp to be enjoyable. As I said, I'd honestly rather laugh at Morbid Angel than snooze along to Immolation.

This x 1000.

Sorry Necro Smile
Mortician342

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Farthest Star wrote:
But Cerrito and Vigna never done Illud Divinus Insanus Laughing I don't know really who choose...extreme love for all of them..

Is this a fucking joke. You would rather listen to a techno album than a Immolation album? I commend you for pointing out the plastic drum sound that has seldom been noticed by others. If you bothered to give the new Immolation a decent listen, and still think that the new Morbid Angel has more good riffs than new Immolation you are fucked in the head.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortician342 wrote:
The Farthest Star wrote:

Is this a fucking joke. You would rather listen to a techno album than a Immolation album? I commend you for pointing out the plastic drum sound that has seldom been noticed by others. If you bothered to give the new Immolation a decent listen, and still think that the new Morbid Angel has more good riffs than new Immolation you are fucked in the head.

I haven't heard either but judging by your avatar, you have supreme taste and you are right.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
necrodeceitdoctrinator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
The Farthest Star wrote:

This x 1000.

Sorry Necro Smile

Ok Feroce, but don't you like the latest Immolation album?
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm pardon misters but MA drums for last 20 years if not more just triggers and midi.. so pointing to immolation doesnt make sense Laughing

and for players i probably choice Trey, but at same time he play pretty some nonsese stuff that get praise as a real playing and made IDI ... while other 2 havent done this Wink
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isnt even debateable imo. It doesnt matter how shit the new MA album is, Trey is a metal icon and for good reason. MA's first few albums are total classics and highly influential albums. Granted the same thing can be said about Immolation, but with MA its an entire level above that. Even puting band legacies aside I do think that Trey is not only mre technical but also more creative and inventive. That does mean that there are some junk riffs and solos in there, but overall the man wrote some really fantastic and outstanding stuff. Vigna is Vigna. Really solid and great riffing, but not really game changing. More consistant for sure though.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey all the way! I can't think of another metal guitarist who has pushed the envelope as much as he has.
EARLGREYTEA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey is the better guitarist ... but Rob is the guy who I would actually like to hang out with ...
The Farthest Star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
idiot Laughing

Hey, that's not nice.

Mortician342 wrote:

There's only one "techno" track -- Too Extreme. The one with the speedcore beats. Hilarity ensues in I Am Morbid on account of the stadium rock chorus, Destructos for the chirpy vocal samples and Radikult because it's a Genitorturers song on a Morbid Angel album. You put those aside and you'll realize the rest is standard Domination-esque MA. Unfortunately, their throwback tracks like Blades for Baal are actually less entertaining than the circus moments.

I am serious about riffs. Listen to 10 More Dead. Those are definitely riffs. Destructos = riffs. Nevermore, Beauty Meets Beast -- Trey is being Trey and he would indisputably be Trey even on a Lana Del Rey release.

Shiru wrote:
hmm pardon misters but MA drums for last 20 years if not more just triggers and midi.. so pointing to immolation doesnt make sense Laughing

It does make sense because what Immolation plays is less complementary with triggers than what MA are doing. Plus, Immolation's triggers on their latest are probably one of the worst triggers I've ever heard. Some moments on Kingdom of Conspiracy sound like they're straight from Dawn of Possession, but you can't listen to them because the sound of your roommate microwaving popcorn is too distracting.
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Farthest Star wrote:
There's only one "techno" track -- Too Extreme. The one with the speedcore beats. Hilarity ensues in I Am Morbid on account of the stadium rock chorus, Destructos for the chirpy vocal samples and Radikult because it's a Genitorturers song on a Morbid Angel album. You put those aside and you'll realize the rest is standard Domination-esque MA. Unfortunately, their throwback tracks like Blades for Baal are actually less entertaining than the circus moments.

I am serious about riffs. Listen to 10 More Dead. Those are definitely riffs. Destructos = riffs. Nevermore, Beauty Meets Beast -- Trey is being Trey and he would indisputably be Trey even on a Lana Del Rey release.

Quoted for truth. Nevermore slays 99% of all the retro-Death garbage.

Last edited by Frozen on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: