P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Distros in China & Hong Kong?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dronevil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
I've heard bits and pieces from him. Do you you have any links to samples for that album? Couldn't find anything online.

PM'd.
Hanshan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lived in China for 2+ years. Not once have I heard a local metal band that made any lasting impression on me. Give them time, it's a small but growing movement among the youth.
belleyan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enemite is indeed great and underated, the long overdued LP version will finally get released by us before 2014.
little_raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:

How come you know so much about Chinese BM? Are you based here?

Never been there, but I had an "asian bm" period in which I realized Japan reigns supreme Laughing

I was told chinese bands are not really known in the West due to circumstances akin to Indian cinema. Language barrier, local market is big enough, labels there have enough money and can afford any editions, etc.
Sinistrous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see Areadeath prods mentioned yet. Wang also has a metal store in Beijing, so.ewhat awkwardly named 666 Rock Shop. He's a cool guy though, very friendly and he had these stories about being active in the undeground metal scene in there. Like mentioned above, we take so many things for granted here in the west...
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a great white slave to some Chinese restaurant owners in my teens... was privelaged enough to watch some insane kung-fu cinema from their homeland in the kitchen while not slaving away at the dishwasher or gagging from the buckets of fish heads and goat legs and hooves they all liked to devour.

Got into a kungo-fu fight with the cook once (I don't know any fucking kung-fu) and he whacked me with the stapler and I had to get stitches in my wrist. The restaurant owner was in one fucking panic driving me to the hospital Laughing

Kung-Fu fights abruptly ended there that day Crying or Very sad
dronevil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little_raven wrote:
Language barrier, local market is big enough, labels there have enough money and can afford any editions, etc.

...and shitty postal service. There was a period that you can't even ship audio/visual products to foreign countries unless you can provide proper invoices (or know someone at your local post office)...
Bjorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrirsson wrote:
Psychedelic Lotus Order.

Guy is currently in HK for a while though.

Who is Guy? What happened to Yan?
baobao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjorn wrote:
Fenrirsson wrote:
Psychedelic Lotus Order.

Guy is currently in HK for a while though.

Who is Guy? What happened to Yan?

couple operation here, Dani(me) and Yan, I'm serving my secondment time in HK and Yan spent most of her time on our new born daughter, so we slow down abit.
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever deal with Keysmet Productions? Been trying to order some Darkness Over Depth CDs, but the guy never answers emails. He's printed the English translations of his lyrics, so I assume he speaks at least a little.
jnfernal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Areadeath's shop is called 666 Rock Shop. It's in Gulou Dong Da Jie, that is straight from Dongzhimen subway station to Ping An'li subway station, 200 metyers before the Bell & Drum Tower and the Shichahai Lake, one of the most beautiful parts of the town. Also in the hutong nearby the shop you can find also other little shops where to find some metal/extreme CD

There is also Pest Recordings but I don't know where it is

In Hong Kong you'd better go to Kowloon, on the mainland, in Nathan Road and surrounding alleys. You can find something. Or by the harbour to HK island, there is a big shopping mall and downstairs there is a huge metal shop.

There was a specialized HM shop in Kowloon's Nathan Road but it shut down 3-4 years ago, when I went there it just ceased activity a couple of weeks before....
Speerhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info all. off to Hong Kong in a few weeks so will check those out.

weird how there are no CD shops at all now in China (at least where I am in Foshan/Guangzhuo). 4 years ago I went to Nanjing and they were everywhere, always full of the most random stuff...I managed to find most of Godflesh's discog in one, tucked away in all the Asian pop.
vansinne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very few shops stocking metal remain in Hong Kong unfortunately. Focus on the food instead.
jnfernal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rember in Baoding, 1 hour south of Beijing there was a CD/DVD shop with a very interesting section full of ORIGINAL metal/thrash/death tapes of the early 90's....but it was in 2007, who knows if the shop is still there. It was quite big and no wonders if they could have some vinyls too.

In Hohhot I know a place where they have a lot of Rock O Rama original CDs as well
dronevil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnfernal wrote:
I rember in Baoding, 1 hour south of Beijing there was a CD/DVD shop with a very interesting section full of ORIGINAL metal/thrash/death tapes of the early 90's....but it was in 2007, who knows if the shop is still there. It was quite big and no wonders if they could have some vinyls too.

A huge bunch of those tapes arrived in China around 2003, probably unwanted deadstock by some distributor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: