P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Judas Iscariot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this him?

http://www.news.ualberta.ca/newsarticles/2012/07/researchershitbackatearlybodychecktheory
Vapula

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
Doesn't Cryptic Winter also play drums on Heaven in Flames?

Not according to Metal-Archives.

Anyway, Judas Iscariot is great. I used to love "Heaven In Flames" when I was younger as it was the only CD I owned, so it got the most listening. After a while though I ended up preferring "Distant In Solitary Night" and eventually "To Embrace The Corpses Bleeding" became the one I listen to the most.

If anybody happens to have his contact, I'd drain my bank account to re-issue these gems on vinyl. This band was instrumental in forming my tastes as a young listener.

It would be great to get the stuff re-issued but he won't do it. IPR were suppose to re-issue some of the albums on vinyl but after they released The Cold Earth Slept Below he contacted them and asked them not to release any more albums.
Fullmoon91

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
His Weltmacht-side project is definitely worth checking out; I have the debut still in stock come to think of it. Wink

I much prefer Weltmacht to JI, although To Embrace the Corpses Bleeding is alright. Haven't heard much else that struck me as interesting.
RottingGrandmaCorpse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullmoon91 wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
His Weltmacht-side project is definitely worth checking out; I have the debut still in stock come to think of it. Wink

I much prefer Weltmacht to JI, although To Embrace the Corpses Bleeding is alright. Haven't heard much else that struck me as interesting.

Yes, that And to Every Beast Its Prey album rules. Need to bust that out again soon. I like all of JI's albums, one band i can put on the entire discography in order and booze up and kvlt for a few hours. Sounds like my next day of is planned. "An Eternal Kingdom of Fire" still floors me every time.

Was that Hidden supergroup band the most recent metal thing hes done? That project really sucks btw.
Hafsteinn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice if there was a re-release of Heaven in flames, weren´t there like only 200 vinyl copies made?
RottingGrandmaCorpse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hafsteinn wrote:
Would be nice if there was a re-release of Heaven in flames, weren´t there like only 200 vinyl copies made?

Yeah really!

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=462542&ev=rb

Shocked
Vapula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hafsteinn wrote:

I think red stream own the rights to it and it's one of those albums that will never get a vinyl re-issue unfortunately.
Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last Judas Iscariot gig at UTBS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlAJRI3AJ3M
Scum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really mixed bag. Heaven in Flames has some damn great tracks, and then there are a couple of tracks that seem a bit out of place, or at least out of place compared to the pacing of the first half of the album.
Have problems listening to the early stuff. As much as I can enjoy sloppy and goofy black metal, The Cold Earth Slept Below was a little too goofy for me. The song Wrath always makes me chuckle.

Give it time on the re-issues. Officially Moonblood, Vlad Tepes and all those kvlt as fuck bands from the mid to late 90s were "NEVER TO BE REISSUED EVER!" and most of those seem to have happened in some form or another.
skyforestblaze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody else here have the "An Ancient Starry Sky" bootleg cd-r?

I bought it on ebay years ago and didn't know if it was the 'real' bootleg, but got it anyway. It came with two full color pro-printed photographs of Akhenaten, with a JI logo sticker on the back, and one was the same that was used on the back of the Heaven in Flames digipack. I think the cd has 5 songs on it, and iirc there was only one song that wasn't eventually put on different releases. So anyone else have, or seen, this same thing? Question
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a tape version of Distant In Solitary Night? I thought I might have seen it somewhere.
nileppez

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Embrace the Corpses Bleeding is my favourite. Judas Iscariot supposedly being 3rd rate Darkthrone ripoff is nothing but an Internet meme.
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judas Iscariot to me was always the attitude first, music second. Yeah I suppose if you were listening to JI for the first time in a mix of 20-30 cds of all new to you bands you may find it to be nothing special. More so if you were listening to it now than if you were back in 1998. But its the message of distaste for Religion and most importantly humanity that makes JI so great and very unique, more so today than ever. Fucking cereal box black metal that goes on today leaves a rather sour taste in my mouth. I still continually listen to every JI album, maybe with Cold Earth being the least. I much rather the raw sound of Dethroned, Conquered and Forgotten over To Embrace The Corpses Bleeding.

I remember back in the day many people that I respected calling JI a Darkthrone clone and therefore dismissing them. I still won't contend that most of the riff choices of JI aren't influenced by Darkthrone but again both bands to me present a different attitude and for this it gives JI plenty of validity to be just as interesting as Darkthrone if not more so, considering what we know about DT today.

The last time someone pressed a JI LP it turned out to be a catastrophe, as one half of the labels that licensed the album (from Moribund I believe) didn't ship or just happened to lose a lot of shipments (according to them) and never replaced any of it to my knowledge, me being one of them. In a way I hope he never represses any of the LPs but I do appreciate still allowing the few who deserve true black metal the titles that to me truly represent the movement.

Speaking of which it seems as if Moribund is completely sold out of all their JI titles even though they keep telling me they are repressing them. Leaving only the Redstream albums available and maybe No Colours.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, what seperates JI from any ol' Darkclone band is totally the attitude and energy his work gives off.

one of my favorite things about JI is that you can clearly hear the lyrics.
(possible that I only think this because he is American).

No problem with indecipherable vocals considering a lot of metal consists of that, but for some reason JI songs seem more "complete" to my ears.

The lyrics and song titles are really perfect, I dont consider them to be cheesey at all.

Writhing Upon The Wind Of Mystic Philosophy And Dreams what a title
Irasyati

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have always liked of Judas Iscariot is that Akhenaten did not release the same album again and again. Every album has got a certain feeling. Best to be viewed for example in the difference between the mighty melancholic "Of Great Eternity" and the ravaging, furious wall of sound that is "Dethroned, Conquered and Forgotten".

I also like JI's visual aesthetics. I could look at the artwork of "Distant in Solitary Night" for hours!

And as I posted in another thread I consider "Under the Black Sun" one of the best Black Metal live albums ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: