P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Moonblood - From Hell Boxset
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently nobody listens to their NWN die hard picture discs when they buy them. I have the Nocturnal Graves album and Ares Kingdom - Incendiary on picture disc and they both sound great.
Manicale_Vale

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
Just in case someone hasn't noticed yet: AOD is an expert in sound-engineering. If you have a question in this very interesting field, I am sure he will answer it.

He is a God of a soundengineerer. Awesome Portfolio
heavyR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
Apparently nobody listens to their NWN die hard picture discs when they buy them. I have the Nocturnal Graves album and Ares Kingdom - Incendiary on picture disc and they both sound great.

War.Cult.Supremacy and Hellstorm of Evil Vengeance sound awesome too.

Buy this crap.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:

Speak for yourself on this. Incendiary is one of my worst sounding records. Now I dont have any other version to compare it to and
I would be interested in hearing another version to see if it because of the picture disc or if it just plain sounds that way.
Shiru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOD wrote:
I am sure the sound on the TOGS Pic-LP will be much better than the hypercompressed version, used on the EAL LP. I never liked the EAL LP, cause the original master tape sounds amazing, compared to the early LP release...

yep, one of reasons that i was shocked about box set announcement, and i heard moodblood for first i kinda was not able to believe and then.. i still a bit lost, not sure would i listen moonblood now, but used to do it a lot years ago, and also i kinda lived with idea i will never own official stuff of band, cause it is suppoused to dont be repressed...
but great announcement, and definitely great release as i said earlier

AOD wrote:
Nobody needs a compressed version or a crappy sound on an official release. If you don't care about quality, download the stuff from any filesharing host (taken from horrible bootleg CDs) or listen to 10+ generation tapes.
The main intention of this release is to present the recordings in its original sound without any modern brickwall mastering etc...as it was meant to be heard when it was recorded. All tracks have been taken from the original tapes and specially mastered for vinyl without altering the original material and will be the ultimate edition of all these recordings.

Hmmm.. i trully respect AOD as soundguy, and well i even check stuff from his portfolio from time to time, cause i am curious about his work, but...
i have feeling that you overconcentrate on technical details like sound, then music itself. there is plenty of music with crappy music, but music is still good

jameswolfe wrote:
Speak for yourself on this. Incendiary is one of my worst sounding records. Now I dont have any other version to compare it to and I would be interested in hearing another version to see if it because of the picture disc or if it just plain sounds that way.

why dont you get cd version then?
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
As if it would be of any serious interest how Moonblood is "remastered" or "compressed"...just turn up the volume and all is fine.

This.

Anyway, I'm not too fond of boxsets or pic lps and similar nonsense but this will be a great reissue nonetheless. Might buy this just for the TOGS if its not too expensive.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameswolfe wrote:
Speak for yourself on this. Incendiary is one of my worst sounding records. Now I dont have any other version to compare it to and I would be interested in hearing another version to see if it because of the picture disc or if it just plain sounds that way.

why dont you get cd version then?[/quote]

I am more interested in comparing it to another vinyl version......ofcourse the cd is going to sound different.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A must buy.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
arck_angell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Unkvlt question arise: Will Iron Bonehead release a CD version of this? or on Tape perhaps? Smile
Vapula

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Bonehead don't release cds and I don't think they release tapes either.
Biervampir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
and I don't think they release tapes either.

They do...
AOD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I told earlier: The main intention was not to give the recordings a completely new sound, but to release the recordings in its original and best possible sound, taken and carefully mastered for vinyl pressing.
Nobody wants to ruin the spirit and the original soul of these old sessions, so the rehearsal tracks will sound like rehearsal tracks, but the bigger part included on that box set are the studio recordings which were taken from the original master tapes without altering the sound. Only some different volume levels between different sessions were fixed and some small dropouts restored, that's all, so expect a high-quality release in its original sound !!!
The terms "mastering" or "remastering" don't mean always some big changes in sound, EQ settings, additional noise reduction etc...sometimes it is just a raw transfer from an audio cassette with high quality gear and a correct azimuth.

Last edited by AOD on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
arck_angell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD version question was more of a joke since its Moonblood, butI would have prefer a tape boxset instead of a vinyl boxset, simply because they cost a lot less and take less space, and its Moonblood, would have been fitting somehow I guess.
boca

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonblood release... say bye bye to my money.

Khaotopia Productions
www.khaotopia.com.hr
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife just said I can buy this TASTE MY GERMAN BOXSET
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 4 of 23

Jump to: