P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Belial (Finland)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Belial (Finland) Reply with quote

Theres not enough talk about this amazing underrated Death/Black Metal band from the early 90's Finnish cult... Does anybody have any pictures of this band? I have not seen anything aside of whats in the Moribund re-release CD.

I think this band is great and diserves some type of re-issue, anybody have good information to share?
evolutionofthorns

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my absolute favorite bands of all time. Their demo and albums (all except "3"), are things I can play over and over and not get bored of. I haven't seen many photos of them, or much information about them for that matter. The only 2 photos I have are from the "Wisdom of Darkness" and "3" CDs.

"Wisdom of Darkness" booklet (First press)

"3" booklet

Last I heard, Ahdistuksen Aihio Productions was supposed to do a vinyl version of "Wisdom of Darkness" (I wish someone would release "Never Again" on vinyl as well). However, I heard that about a year ago, and haven't heard anything since then.
BlackMinion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what metal archives says

The original "Gods of the Pit" demo tape sold out the entire pressing of 500 copies and gave the band cult status in the underground. This resulted in the re-release of the demo, entitled "Gods of the Pit pt.2 (Paragon So Below)". However, the re-release and the original demo are two different items, as they have different tracklists, with the exception of the first two tracks.

Belial started as a black/death metal band. With the loss of guitarist Jukka Valppu, the band headed in a more progressive rock/punk direction. The album "3" features material drastically different than that which appeared on the first releases, and is considered gothic rock/punk. The album's title is also a nod to Led Zeppelin, as rather than naming the release, they dubbed it "3" since it was their third album.

Three of Belial members were involved at grunge-rock band named Autumnfire in 1994/95. These were Anttila, Kellokoski & Lehtosaari and they've done 1 promo-demo in 1994

Trade- CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackMinion wrote:
this is what metal archives says

The original "Gods of the Pit" demo tape sold out the entire pressing of 500 copies and gave the band cult status in the underground. This resulted in the re-release of the demo, entitled "Gods of the Pit pt.2 (Paragon So Below)". However, the re-release and the original demo are two different items, as they have different tracklists, with the exception of the first two tracks.

Belial started as a black/death metal band. With the loss of guitarist Jukka Valppu, the band headed in a more progressive rock/punk direction. The album "3" features material drastically different than that which appeared on the first releases, and is considered gothic rock/punk. The album's title is also a nod to Led Zeppelin, as rather than naming the release, they dubbed it "3" since it was their third album.

Three of Belial members were involved at grunge-rock band named Autumnfire in 1994/95. These were Anttila, Kellokoski & Lehtosaari and they've done 1 promo-demo in 1994

Yeah I already seen this, but thanks!
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evolutionofthorns wrote:
One of my absolute favorite bands of all time. Their demo and albums (all except "3"), are things I can play over and over and not get bored of. I haven't seen many photos of them, or much information about them for that matter. The only 2 photos I have are from the "Wisdom of Darkness" and "3" CDs.

"Wisdom of Darkness" booklet (First press)

"3" booklet

Last I heard, Ahdistuksen Aihio Productions was supposed to do a vinyl version of "Wisdom of Darkness" (I wish someone would release "Never Again" on vinyl as well). However, I heard that about a year ago, and haven't heard anything since then.

Wow thanks for this information man, and thanks for the pics as well. Belial is definetely something I cant get bored of either. Im sure its hard to really find any pics of this great band. The old guitarist of Belial is in a great Death Metal band called Violent Hammer, check them out!
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have yet to hear "gods of the pit"
Towelripper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard of Belial about 5 minutes ago...now they is my fave of favest bands...

and "pain amplifier" by Mythos...just heard that one too, about 5 minutes ago. now its the best!!!just thee best...
Astaroth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Towelripper wrote:
and "pain amplifier" by Mythos...just heard that one too, about 5 minutes ago. now its the best!!!just thee best...

Killer album that one.
Ichor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just put "Transilvanian Hunger" on your stereo after you listen to "Wisdom of Darkness", sounds like crap doesn't it?
Ichor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MYTHOS is another underestimated band. Both "Pain Amplifier" and "Wisdom of Darkness" were pretty "obtainable" from ebay a couple of years back. I am not sure if that's the case nowadays...
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichor wrote:
MYTHOS is another underestimated band. Both "Pain Amplifier" and "Wisdom of Darkness" were pretty "obtainable" from ebay a couple of years back. I am not sure if that's the case nowadays...

I need to check Mythos out since the dude from Belial was in this band, so im sure its good.
evolutionofthorns

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H.K.Blasphemer wrote:
I need to check Mythos out since the dude from Belial was in this band, so im sure its good.

Mythos - Pain Amplifier:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OEXHASLS

Here's a couple of links where you can get the Mythos CD:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mythos-Pain-Amplifier-Rare-1st-Press-Evil-Omen-95_W0QQitemZ160269418711QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160269418711&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

http://www.musicstack.com/item/88192392/mythos/pain+amplifier

As for Belial CDs, they pop up on ebay every now and then.
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackMinion wrote:

That puts an end to an overly old matter I had with a friend of mine, who claimed the 7" was the entire demo (as was advertised by the way), while I had the demo through tape trading with different tracks. Cool to know I was right!

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Asphyxiation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently ripping wisdom of darkness and gods of the pit from that tape I've got containing both releases - about a year ago, our drummer handed that over to me...I was immediately addicted!!

EDIT: BELIAL
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard these guys either, been looking for samples for awhile though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: