P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Looking for recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Looking for recommendations Reply with quote

I have been listening to The Spell of Retribution by The Chasm for a couple of days now and to me the execution, the riffs, the vocals, the drumming, it all adds up to a stunning experience. The musical genius of this group incorporates everything I love about Death and Thrash Metal. Makes me think if Darkness Descends and With Fear I kiss the burning Darkness adopted a Mexican child, this might be the result of its upbringing. Was just wondering if there are any other bands that are so cohesive and have such a relentless level of intensity and groove?
captainretardo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I think the simple answer to your question is "no," because imo they are head and shoulders above the rest of the pack in terms of compositional skills, and have no trouble executing. I imagine you already know it, but it's worth noting that they've been on the same level starting at Deathcult though, so there's plenty of A+ material.

Can you elaborate on exactly what you are looking for? It's easy to think of "cohesive bands that exhibit both intensity and groove," but the ones that pop up in my mind have little to do with The Chasm musically, and none are on par with them. I guess I'm not sure if you seek bands with similar sound (eg, Infinitum Obscure, who are not as good though), or more broadly, bands that are well-above average in the specific attributes you mentioned.
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for bands of that quality that pile riff upon amazing riff but not necessarily the same style as I reckon that The Chasm are actually pretty much untouchable. Deathcult... is on regular rotation here as well.
captainretardo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for specifying. Unfortunately (for you) I am drunk right now, and can't give well-thought-out answers, but I will give it some thought and reply in a day or two. It seems like we are on the same page regarding The Chasm, but if not, and since my drunkenness has lowered my IQ to room temperature, I'll reiterate that Deathcult for Eternity, Procession to the Infraworld, Reaching the Veil of Death, Conjuration of the Spectral Empire, and Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm offer everything you seek.
ChemicalWarfare

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Shub Niggaruth. Especially the album The Kinglike Celebration (Last Aeon on Earth). This band is the brainchild of Julio Viterbo who also played on The Spell of Retribution.
They are every bit as good as The Chasm, better even in some regards.
From Advanced Decay!!!
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, will be ordering that Shub Niggurath in the next days. No previewing on youtube. Looking forward to this now!
captainretardo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunken ramblings deleted

Last edited by captainretardo on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Dominance

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try out Tramautic Voyage's Traumatic or Traumatized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v__kJjY99Uk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWqjAXbKCY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: