P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Current METALLICA vinyl re-issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Opolus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Current METALLICA vinyl re-issues Reply with quote

Anyone out there having bought the LP re-issues of "Kill 'Em All", "Ride The Lightning" and "Master Of Puppets", especially talking about the 2 X 12"/45 rpm versions? I'm asking, as I have read pretty recently, about them sounding far superior to any other vinyl versions released prior to those, the original pressings included, which made me curious, whether to spend some bucks on those then. Question Also, in case anyone purchasing "Ride The Lightning", there was one thing that always bothered me, after getting the CD of that one back then: In "Fade To Black", Hetfield is singing an additional "Goodbye" after the very last line, which is hardly audible at all on all CD versions I know of (contrary to the original LP version, where it's loud and clear). As those current re-issues are supposed to be taken directly from the original audio sources, I wonder if that one got finally fixed as well?!
Nosliw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're taken directly from the original master tapes.
duff138

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you reading that they're good? Yes they are taken from the analog masters, but these remasterings are not good at all. I bought the 12" single LP "Ride The Lightning". The mastering job is horrible.
The box set Rhino did a few years back, each record pressed as a double LP at 33rpm are really good.
Nosliw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duff138 wrote:
Where are you reading that they're good? Yes they are taken from the analog masters, but these remasterings are not good at all. I bought the 12" single LP "Ride The Lightning". The mastering job is horrible.
The box set Rhino did a few years back, each record pressed as a double LP at 33rpm are really good.

The single LP editions of the remastered albums are shit, according to a lot of people. Those who bought the DLP editions are superior to the single LP versions. The DLP versions are 45RPM's.

I bought the Ride The Lightning DLP edition and I have to say the sound quality on it is fantastic.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a guy today about these and he said the differences are very slight in the 45 and 33 pressings.
zbielak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had em all promised put aside for me, but FORTUNATELY only Ride The Lightning DLP arrived and I was horrified, c'mon...if you play it on some lousy technics and integrated amplifier with treble bass far right plus loudness on, one may enjoy. Giving it a listen on proper audiophile stereo left me shattered- I did not hear worse AUDIOPHILE pressing in long time... I skipped all the other DLPS within the series. I am always 100% sceptical for vnyl reissues - it would not be diiferent with Metallicas save for the Audiophile remasters nearly MFSL pressing hype...bullshit.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys...would you mind posting pictures of the ride... DLP?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: