P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

BLASPHEMY - Fallen Angel... re-edition planned?!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ADB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've trumped me, mine are 2 x NWN! (CD and Die Hard), 1 x Wild Rags (red vinyl), 1 x bootleg (tape I bought in Europe). I have no other album in that quantity, a few things in double though (CDs and vinyl editions)
Vegeta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the NWN version CD. that has done and will continue to do the job until a new Vinyl version comes out

Kvlty wrote:
I Recently got heavily into Goat Semen and Anal vomit
Captain Retard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be great as so many crap will be re-released
and this one don't need to be on Back On Black!

But i have the wild rags (black vinyl), thats it.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill omen wrote:
ADB wrote:
I'm happy with my 4 copies Wink

Im happy with my 9 copies (2 x Wild Rags, 7 x NWN). The only album I even remotely care to own so many versions of.

Sorry guys, but this is just ridiculous. Nothing wrong if you own all different formats of one release you REALLY worship for backup, but what do you want with 9 (nine!) identical copies? Playing Memory?

BTW, I don't own ANY version of that album so far and it's not a problem. When it comes to Blasphemy, I am fine with the Live-Ritual and Diehard-Rehearsal, their finest hour.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill omen wrote:
ADB wrote:

Im happy with my 9 copies (2 x Wild Rags, 7 x NWN). The only album I even remotely care to own so many versions of.

Why would you ever buy more than one identical copy of a record if you donít plan to jew it on ebay? It just doesnít make sense. Then again, I donít have the urge to get different versions of the same album either. Unless they sound vastly different/have really great bonus tracks etcÖ
Ashdautas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
ill omen wrote:
ADB wrote:

Why would you ever buy more than one identical copy of a record if you donít plan to jew it on ebay? It just doesnít make sense. Then again, I donít have the urge to get different versions of the same album either. Unless they sound vastly different/have really great bonus tracks etcÖ
It's called collecting. Type the word into google if you do not know the definition off of the top of your head. It's completely understandable behavior for a fan(atic) of a band to display readily, especially in subcultural terms. I myself have every vinyl version of the first 4 Burzum full lengths(aside from the bootlegs) for example because it is a band whose early work I respect and enjoy immensely.
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[qote="christs_dark_kingdom"]Yes, all FAoD... formats released by Yosuke sold for very reasonable prices six years ago and now that supplies are gone and the demand has increased, it just draws out all ehebs and disjews who are out for quick money.[/quote]

Indeed. I think this is easiest to buy mint/unplayed/complete copy of FAoD die hard, than used regular.

I'm also sitting on bootleg tape (from 1991) and NWN CD re-issue, would be glad to grab classic black (or red) vinyl of this album. In this case no extras is needed.

And the last but not least: I hope Blasphemy will never compose/record new music, this is really enough when Blasphemy members record new stuff in new bands.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
ill omen wrote:
ADB wrote:

It's called collecting. Type the word into google if you do not know the definition off of the top of your head. It's completely understandable behavior for a fan(atic) of a band to display readily, especially in subcultural terms. I myself have every vinyl version of the first 4 Burzum full lengths(aside from the bootlegs) for example because it is a band whose early work I respect and enjoy immensely.

Alright, fair enough. I probably just lack the collector gene. Still seems weird to me how many people on this board are about these things. Itís not like someone who collects all different editions or pays ridiculous overprices for first presses necessarily listen more times, more carefully or even appreciate the albums more than any other listener. FAOD is such a great album that I could get into buying different versions, that is if I had money I didnít know how else to spend. In many cases though, it seems to have more to do with collecting stamps or coins than to fully understand/appreciate the music.
Ashdautas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
Ashdautas wrote:
Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
ill omen wrote:
ADB wrote:

Alright, fair enough. I probably just lack the collector gene. Still seems weird to me how many people on this board are about these things. Itís not like someone who collects all different editions or pays ridiculous overprices for first presses necessarily listen more times, more carefully or even appreciate the albums more than any other listener. FAOD is such a great album that I could get into buying different versions, that is if I had money I didnít know how else to spend. In many cases though, it seems to have more to do with collecting stamps or coins than to fully understand/appreciate the music.
I understand your viewpoint and the parallels that you brought up however you must bear in mind that you can't listen to a stamp or a coin but you can listen to various versions of an album. You have the right to disagree with it though and I get why a lot of people are against "collector" types. They can make it difficult for people who simply want one version of an album because they are really into it musically but are being denied that by people who have to have a million copies of the same album despite them being different versions. Collectors drive up prices for out of print LPs, that's for damn sure.
goatmolestor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
You've trumped me, mine are 2 x NWN! (CD and Die Hard), 1 x Wild Rags (red vinyl), 1 x bootleg (tape I bought in Europe). I have no other album in that quantity, a few things in double though (CDs and vinyl editions)

At one stage I had 3 copies also (NWN cd and a random bootleg cd I got from a pawn shop for a dollar and the wild rags black vinyl) but gave the CDs away and lost the LP... Had no idea the NWN cd wasn't easily available anymore as I got my copy randomly from an old Aussie distro notorious for throwing any random CDs into an order instead of the bought titles (asphyxiate records circa 2006?)

vilifiercult@gmail.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
Live-Ritual

This is what needs to be re-released!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
Ashdautas wrote:
Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
ill omen wrote:
ADB wrote:

I understand your viewpoint and the parallels that you brought up however you must bear in mind that you can't listen to a stamp or a coin but you can listen to various versions of an album. You have the right to disagree with it though and I get why a lot of people are against "collector" types. They can make it difficult for people who simply want one version of an album because they are really into it musically but are being denied that by people who have to have a million copies of the same album despite them being different versions. Collectors drive up prices for out of print LPs, that's for damn sure.

First of all, they are all different versions with different art and, if you consider that all of the "die hard" editions had color vinyl and pic disc, I suppose I technically have 13 copies. But don't get me wrong, I am not going to argue that there isn't something absurd about having 9 copies of the same record, but at the same time, if I want 9 copies of something, I do not personally feel compelled to justify it. There are quite a few records for which I have originals and represses or whatever. There are pros and cons to collecting. In recent years I have toned down that collector urge somewhat and hope to one day live more like a normal human being...but barring a serious drug habit or an earthquake, I am likely to have those same 9 FAOD lps when I die.

[Also, at the time NWN released the Blasphemy record, I was the lone employee there (other than Yosuke, of course) so it sort of made sense that I would get all the variations. And I posted that comment more as a testament to the absurdity of having nearly an entire expedit cube dedicated to a band that only released three lps and a demo.]
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes i wonder if this LP would actually need a repress if you accounted for the copies horded by stamp collectors already :p

Not that i'm against peoples choices to do what they will with their money and albums, but its an interesting thing to think about. The wild rags pressing wasn't exactly limited. I think one person discovered there must have been at least 8 or 12 thousand copies of that. Then at least 1,000 from NWN pressing and probably some bootlegs down the line? This doesn't even count the CD which is already rare in all pressing. Is there really more than 20,000 people in the world who would own FAoD?
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameswolfe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
Sometimes i wonder if this LP would actually need a repress if you accounted for the copies horded by stamp collectors already :p

Not that i'm against peoples choices to do what they will with their money and albums, but its an interesting thing to think about. The wild rags pressing wasn't exactly limited. I think one person discovered there must have been at least 8 or 12 thousand copies of that. Then at least 1,000 from NWN pressing and probably some bootlegs down the line? This doesn't even count the CD which is already rare in all pressing. Is there really more than 20,000 people in the world who would own FAoD?

8 to 12 thousand? Seems pretty high, can anyone confirm this? At any rate, if people are asking for it, there is a demand and therefore another repress is justifiable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: