P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Treblinka "Shrine of the Pentagram" 5 LP box set
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minge-eater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
I heard Century Media will re-release Mortem's slow death as 6xlp box set on 78rpm just to fuck with you guys. Die hard will be pic disc with laser etching on the last side (pressed on GZ), nwn pseudo audiophiles worst nightmare.

Test press edition comes with minge-eaters stump and free English lessons with Eric Neyra.

lmfao

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
Captain Retard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Century Media rereleased the Evocation (Swe.) demos with some Bonus material as a DLP

this year i bought the release of this Evocation demos done by Merciless Rec. (as 1 LP ) for 8 euro, so there was a cheap choice to avoid overpriced CM stuff.

Evocation isn't that special thing for me to pay 25 or more euros to get 2 demos on vinyl.
Shitfun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to buy it…
VM-Underground #1 Out Now!
http://www.vm-underground.com/
boogs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course not but it's a release that generally is worth buying if it wasn't artificially blown out of proportion. One to snag up for cheap on eBay. Those CM reissues generally aren't expensive, so there's not much to cash in after all but it's still going to be in the 50 Euro range which it just isn't worth.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
of course not but it's a release that generally is worth buying if it wasn't artificially blown out of proportion. One to snag up for cheap on eBay.

ebay buyers wont wanna pay the postage costs when the seller adds registered delivery

The box will prob weigh over 2kg

TRUE KVNT
Sergej
banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
boogs wrote:
of course not but it's a release that generally is worth buying if it wasn't artificially blown out of proportion. One to snag up for cheap on eBay.

ebay buyers wont wanna pay the postage costs when the seller adds registered delivery

Can't wait for the box.
Can't wait for you to post pics of all the 5 different coloured editions you'll buy in the vinyl scores thread.
Can't wait for you to reply "it's my money and I do what I want with it" the instant someone criticizes it.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergej wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
boogs wrote:

Can't wait for the box.
Can't wait for you to post pics of all the 5 different coloured editions you'll buy in the vinyl scores thread.
Can't wait for you to reply "it's my money and I do what I want with it" the instant someone criticizes it.

dont think i ever said it was my money, as i spend others money.......infact i trade for mose my scores or just get from freinds...but oh well , if you want get touchy about it,,then carry on being a little bitch

TRUE KVNT
Sv.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
i trade for mose bitch
Wow, you trade for Mose ? Awesome

Black_Fire wrote:

rarely i see young girl that i dont want to fuck even when i'm drunk.... but she to ugly!
minge-eater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sv. wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
i trade for mose bitch
Wow, you trade for Mose ? Awesome

i meant muse

TRUE KVNT
rthdx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
The 3CD version is what I'll be getting and it's STILL overkill. One worthy disc and two mostly pointless ones, stuffed in a giant book-style release that like the Morbid set won't fit comfortably on any of my shelves. And because it's this big deluxe release it'll probably cost twice what a regular single CD will run you.

As if anyone force you to buy it anyway... Wink For example, I've skipped both Hellhammer and Morbid re-releases (be they CD or vinyl) as, besides being classics, both bands really doesn't mean THAT much for me, but in the current case I'd get even 10-LP version (of the same very songs, yeah), however ridiculous that might me... Smile Yes, the label obviously do want money. And in this (exceptional) case they will get mine (at least).
bigcartel
youtube
Der_Onkel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Treblinka "Shrine of the Pentagram" 5 LP box Reply with quote

Great news!!!

blodhemn9 wrote:
Shocked

http://centurymedia.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=13275&IdCompany=3

Probably won't buy it since the demos are all I really need, but I'm interested to see the final product
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:
Cursed Emperor wrote:
I'll get this one. Treblinka is easily among my favourite bands.

It's funny to see all these complaints. I've hardly seen anyone complain about that 10 (!!!) LP Sabbat set. In fact, Sabbat continues to cram the same songs (in different live versions) and recordings down your throat on 10 different colours for each release, yet no one complains...

Have a band that actually had a decent sound and influenced almost an entire scene release something like this and you get a shitstorm. UNBELIEVABLE

the 10 LP collection is a diehard edition. The regular edition was the first two LPs or a 3LP comp which if i recall covers their first five EPs and maybe some additional tracks. At least there is an option.

What labels fail to do these days is to make regular average joe editions, it applies to metal scene and outside as well. Many releases get big expensive packaging, or filled with extra tracks and LPs because the market says that everyone wants diehard editions anyway and they sell more easily than the generic versions. Moreso with compilations because they're mostly novelties to begin with.

While I agree totally, I think that sadly the labels are right.

I was talking with a friend about this last night. He's really into his glitchy German electronica stuff, and he was telling me that a label owner he knows was getting lots of complaints because an edition he printed came with the LP and CD....and people were up in arms because to get the cd out they had to open the shrinkwrap on the LP. All I could say was look at shit like comics post 1990-ish, trading cards, fucking beanie babies....all this shit people are being suckered into buying for resale value. It's a retarded false economy - buy it to listen to or the exercise is pointless. "yeah man, I've got this huge expidit full of heavy and inconvenient records I never listen to because I might average a 1.5% capital gain."

Dont get me wrong, I love the art of packaging records, box sets etc etc. But there is a limit, and 5 LP's for a demo band is pushing it.

This is exactly what i expect to happen. Will be a rude awakening day when many who are "investing" in all these deluxe records try to pushthem at yard sales and ebay for years to come, even forced to sell them for less like trading cards and comic book dealers at every corner flea market does now.

Makes you put into consideration which releases truly are worth getting in this era.

Just saw the century media post, yeah anything worthwhile is in the first two discs only, the rest is bollocks. Two of the three others are (probably poor sounding) live ones, and instrumental outtakes from sumerian cry? doesn't sound too interesting.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:

As if anyone force you to buy it anyway... Wink

Obviously not. But I've explained in detail why I will most likely buy it. The reason I'm posting here is not to just bitch and let off some steam, it's to hopefully contribute to a larger conversation (in front of the eyes of many label owners, who I know are members of this forum - myself included) about whether releases ought to be overstuffed this way. I think we've long since passed a point of diminishing returns, to a place where this stuff actively brings down enjoyment from average fans; you hardly ever read comments about sets like this where someone is saying, "That basement rehearsal from just before they recorded their second demo was a REVELATION!" Because 9 times out of 10, it isn't; it's low-quality filler for 5 LP sets.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it's a bit OTT, but often live and rehearsal tracks can be either really interesting embryonic versions of songs or visceral ripping blasts through songs, with a little more abandon than studio versions.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but also its very common for the ones that are bonus tracks anyway not to be very good sound quality and therefore any differences may be hard to notice. Its mostly a curiousity factor that many will listen to once, maybe twice and then probably only play the first two discs.

As for labels, hopefully labels can resist the temptation to release some of these types, or if it is necessary have a regular LP/DLP version then a boxset diehard edition, as it seems a lot of us whining types are the ones who would probably buy a $20 DLP version of this compilation with the EP and demo songs only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: