P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Treblinka "Shrine of the Pentagram" 5 LP box set
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Uncolored



Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1326
Location: Cagliari/Italy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone post pictures of the real deal?? I won't probably spend 70 euros if it sounds like shit, just out of curiosity
_________________
Germaniac wrote:
Caller Of The Storms may be black, but he has an aryan heart.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cursed Emperor



Joined: 30 May 2011
Posts: 670

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncolored wrote:
can someone post pictures of the real deal?? I won't probably spend 70 euros if it sounds like shit, just out of curiosity

You want us to post pictures so you can find out how the soundquality is on this release? Laughing
_________________
Quote:
Fuck gatefolds, useless waste of space on your shelves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boca



Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Posts: 319
Location: Harvat˙a

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 LPs... (?!)

Can't understand this deal.
_________________
Perfect deals: s.charlach, JB, Paria, Ironwood, ulvira, skygge, 13, buffalobill, doomswing

Khaotopia Productions
www.khaotopia.com.hr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nitroblast



Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 134
Location: NC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see anyone mention this, but the cd version is available at CM distro in the US. The LP box is out of stock for now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2909

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed Emperor wrote:
You want us to post pictures so you can find out how the soundquality is on this release? Laughing


Post pictures of the record grooves. We can re-construct the sound in Audacity.
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiru



Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 1817
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boca wrote:
5 LPs... (?!)

Can't understand this deal.

what is non understandable?? 5lps cost more then 1LP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2909

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:
5lps cost more then 1LP


There will be a populist version to follow, surely, with all of the vital material on one disc.
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morbiddeceiver



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Posts: 2695
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitroblast wrote:
I didn't see anyone mention this, but the cd version is available at CM distro in the US. The LP box is out of stock for now.


Thanks for the heads up. Ordered!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AOD



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 222

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound quality of the demos is fantastic (except a small digital glitch on one track of the 2nd demo). Never heard these tracks in such great quality...definitely taken from the original master tapes.
Live and rehearsal stuff is ok...BUT...most disappointing thing is the single tracks...they sound horrible. either they were taken from the 2 CD bootleg or sourced from a 96 kps mp3 file with additional noise reduction...it's a shame to use bootleg sources of official material here instead of doing a new vinyl transfer.
I will sell my mediabook 3 CD and 5 LP set soon. No need to have such a release in my collection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kojiri



Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 4886
Location: I'm here to mainstream your kvlt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band isn't even that good. I mean they're good, but not 5lp box set good.
_________________
NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
"Burn it and then piss!

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AOD



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 222

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer a regular LP with both demo tapes, the 7" and the 1989 compilation track (Sumerian Cry CD bonustrack)...that's all you need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombie Dance



Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 1247

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOD wrote:
Sound quality of the demos is fantastic (except a small digital glitch on one track of the 2nd demo). Never heard these tracks in such great quality...definitely taken from the original master tapes.
Live and rehearsal stuff is ok...BUT...most disappointing thing is the single tracks...they sound horrible. either they were taken from the 2 CD bootleg or sourced from a 96 kps mp3 file with additional noise reduction...it's a shame to use bootleg sources of official material here instead of doing a new vinyl transfer.
I will sell my mediabook 3 CD and 5 LP set soon. No need to have such a release in my collection.

Bummer! One of the main i could buy that boxset is the single tracks that are impossible to find in original Sad
How is the booklet and general lay-out?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AOD



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 222

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said earlier, I was very disappointed about the sound of the single tracks.
I own the original single, but there was no need to play it for comparison reasons when I first listened to the versions on the new box set...
As I also own the 2 CD bootleg CD, I simply found out that both tracks were clearly sourced from that (soundwise very bad) set.
About the booklet: I expected much better work. Some very small pictures were resized to very big format to fill the pages...and these pictures look awful...you have to watch the photos with a distance of one meter to see what happens there...compared to the HELLHAMMER and MORBID box sets, this one is the worst so far...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombie Dance



Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 1247

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOD wrote:
As I said earlier, I was very disappointed about the sound of the single tracks.
I own the original single, but there was no need to play it for comparison reasons when I first listened to the versions on the new box set...
As I also own the 2 CD bootleg CD, I simply found out that both tracks were clearly sourced from that (soundwise very bad) set.
About the booklet: I expected much better work. Some very small pictures were resized to very big format to fill the pages...and these pictures look awful...you have to watch the photos with a distance of one meter to see what happens there...compared to the HELLHAMMER and MORBID box sets, this one is the worst so far...

Thank you, that is very good to know!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blekt



Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Posts: 417
Location: Europe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
I mean they're good, but not 5lp box set good.


Especially since they only have released two demos and a ep! I like Treblinka but this is just another ridiculous dust collector.
_________________
Serious individuals/references: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321551#321551
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group