P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

In Solitude new album "SISTER"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Mass Ritual
banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Black Mass Ritual wrote:

Demoniarch, you are a ludicrous space monkey Very Happy

Like many others here, I see myself...

But probably more like this in all reality... you know, metal head and record collecting and forum proclamations on what band is what this year is hardly dangerous...

HAHAHAHA! Damn, that was funny! You speak the truth.
I get a kick out of your posts..
Self deprecating kruzifixxion of the unholy space monkey. 6 6 6
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Mass Ritual wrote:
I just feel there are far more better bands that deserve more attention and more credit. Pentacle are a band that shoots up to the top of that list.

I think it's pretty obvious why Pentacle isn't climbing the charts. With all due respect.
TacoBell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrologue wrote:
The vocalist seemed drunk and incoherent. His constant stepping on-and-off the stage was annoying to watch, as well-- not the kind of showmanship I appreciate.

Couldn't have said it better myself!! Really ANNOYING and just bad...

Last edited by TacoBell on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TacoBell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Read some interview where the band was whining about how they are tired of being compared to Mercyful Fate and then one of the members goes on about how he never listened to a Mercyful Fate album ever etc etc

After reading that I immediately figured this band was either delusional or retarded (who has never listened to Mercyful Fate, doesn't mean you have to like them, but to never have heard them? Lie!)

The sister album really hasn't exactly blown my mind either. I find it to be quite a boring album.

They were much better as a MERCYFUL FATE worship band. They are good musicians who overextended their song-writing abilities on these compositions. It's almost as if they decided they needed to do something much more elaborate than M.F. in order to escape that label (not that M.F. has basic song structures by any means).

I heard the same thing. It's like they were insulted to being compared to Mercyful Fate? I get that they want to have their distinct sound... but even being mentioned in the same sentence as Mercyful fate is the highest possible compliment! Confused
Madhukapala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

But probably more like this in all reality... you know, metal head and record collecting and forum proclamations on what band is what this year is hardly dangerous...

Haha. Self-knowledge is a good thing.
Madhukapala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TacoBell wrote:

It's like they were insulted to being compared to Mercyful Fate? I get that they want to have their distinct sound... but even being mentioned in the same sentence as Mercyful fate is the highest possible compliment! Confused

I thought it was more that they didn't want to be dismissed as "just another MF clone" with no personality. I don't think they're actually insulted by association with MF. Reviews of their self-titled at the time tended to begin and end with the MF comparison... And that's natural, because the link was very obvious. It's just that it wasn't the 'whole' story. Portrait was also an "MF clone", but they didn't sound identical to In Solitude.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is on the Goth/Samhain-ish tip, but I do think it is well done and it doesn't completely abandon Metal at all.

I admire them for not making the same record 3 times in a row.
They are still a dark, Heavy Metal band ultimately.

The record gets better with repeated listens for sure.
VRBRS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A link to that interview would be good.

There is no future (pun not intended) to being a 'worship' band if you're an artist that highly regards honesty and wants to create your own identity (which should be the intent of all self-respecting artists, in my opinion). At least to me, 'Sister' sounds even more sincere and natural than their previous stuff (especially the s/t) because of the unique style. They definitely have created their own identity and I'm liking this direction.
jv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by jv on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too Dark Park wrote:
Ordered this today, expecting good things!

First spin. Confused
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
They were much better as a MERCYFUL FATE worship band. They are good musicians who overextended their song-writing abilities on these compositions. It's almost as if they decided they needed to do something much more elaborate than M.F. in order to escape that label (not that M.F. has basic song structures by any means).

This.

Let's hope they won't delve even deeper into the direction they've gone on "Sister" on future recordings,
and rather head back to the style they master perfectly, the one on "The World, The Flesh, The Devil".
EternalNight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly,I don't think the band spent a single thougt of This When they were making Sister. They have already Said that they feel honored to mentioned with Mercyful Fate. Sister is a natural progression from TWTFTD, and those of you out there who actually are mucisians and artists should understand that they can't compose the same album twice. Their albums reflect theimself at the time that they wrote and recorded them. And since people change artists also change, therefore the sound changes. Even if they would Try to write in the same style it wouldn't be the same because it would just feel meaningless(reasons mentioned above).
As far as I'm concerned the first song they completed for this album was A Buried Sun and then the rest of the album followed in the same path(each song with their own variation).

But I really like the atmosphere! It is a very hostile album whilst TWTFTD was a bit more melancholic and seeking.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EternalNight wrote:
Honestly,I don't think the band spent a single thougt of This When they were making Sister. They have already Said that they feel honored to mentioned with Mercyful Fate. Sister is a natural progression from TWTFTD, and those of you out there who actually are mucisians and artists should understand that they can't compose the same album twice. Their albums reflect theimself at the time that they wrote and recorded them. And since people change artists also change, therefore the sound changes. Even if they would Try to write in the same style it wouldn't be the same because it would just feel meaningless(reasons mentioned above).
As far as I'm concerned the first song they completed for this album was A Buried Sun and then the rest of the album followed in the same path(each song with their own variation).

But I really like the atmosphere! It is a very hostile album whilst TWTFTD was a bit more melancholic and seeking.

Why do you start random words with a capital letter? It doesn't make any kind of sense, and it distracts the reader from whatever point you're trying to make.
blacknuclearhellstorm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've listened to this SO many times now and I've come to the conclusion that it's their best even though their best songs imo are on TWTFTD.
EternalNight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
EternalNight wrote:

Why do you start random words with a capital letter? It doesn't make any kind of sense, and it distracts the reader from whatever point you're trying to make.

Sorry, I wrote this on iPad. It auto-correct some words and make start with capital letter. It is a bit annoying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: