P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

BEWARE OF THIS BOOTLEGGER!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is Michel Arnold from Leipzig, Germany. This is the most infamous bootlegger who has ever wandered around ebay. A complete piece of crap.
DSS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can easily find the music on the internet for free. Same with covers of old demos. No need to spend crazy amount of money on eBay for some fake tape. But like others already mentioned, some people deserve to be ripped off.
manes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true, but sometimes you wanna have the real deal that you missed back in those days, like myself, or that you could not have in those days because you were too young I guess. I don't find it correct that some people think to have job by doing copies, this suicide74 for example keeps selling the same crap, the Bethor demo he just sold for 3 or 4 euros has been sold by him at least 7-8 in the past few years, this is really insane. You do all of this for 3-4 euros? By Christmas he will start his huge demo auctions like usual, he will need some money for his gifts, the poser!
invinCIBility

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manes wrote:
That's true, but sometimes you wanna have the real deal that you missed back in those days, like myself, or that you could not have in those days because you were too young I guess. I don't find it correct that some people think to have job by doing copies, this suicide74 for example keeps selling the same crap, the Bethor demo he just sold for 3 or 4 euros has been sold by him at least 7-8 in the past few years, this is really insane. You do all of this for 3-4 euros? By Christmas he will start his huge demo auctions like usual, he will need some money for his gifts, the poser!

I'll gladly buy tape dubs of stuff I can't find anywhere else from this guy for reasonable prices since nobody including yourself tape trades anymore.
speedway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once nobody (or me at least) cared if a tape was 1st/2nd/3rd... generation, the most important thing was getting hold of the recordings and enjoy (or not) the MUSIC (if someone still knows what it is) and that was the essence of tape trading. yeah, 24556432th generation recordings sucked a bit quality-wise, but that was not the point (by the way, I once listened to some Carcass demos dubbed directly by Jeff Walker and the quality of the dubbing was pure crap). now we are in the middle of the era of fetishism, maybe as a reaction to the "easy-to-get-mp3's-era", the extreme reaction is that many people prefer "owning" things rather than "using" them, so, they want to spend 300 bucks for a tape and they want to believe it's "original"? even if it's the case it's not my business, but, just in case, there's a nice solution called "psychotherapy"...
eighthplague

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedway wrote:
once nobody (or me at least) cared if a tape was 1st/2nd/3rd... generation, the most important thing was getting hold of the recordings and enjoy (or not) the MUSIC (if someone still knows what it is) and that was the essence of tape trading. yeah, 24556432th generation recordings sucked a bit quality-wise, but that was not the point (by the way, I once listened to some Carcass demos dubbed directly by Jeff Walker and the quality of the dubbing was pure crap). now we are in the middle of the era of fetishism, maybe as a reaction to the "easy-to-get-mp3's-era", the extreme reaction is that many people prefer "owning" things rather than "using" them, so, they want to spend 300 bucks for a tape and they want to believe it's "original"? even if it's the case it's not my business, but, just in case, there's a nice solution called "psychotherapy"...

This is easily the most rational post in this thread.
Occultism

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid this arseface ridiculous bootlegger, too:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/stefanosstefan27m/m.html?item=271260225570&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

These words - rare, ultrarare, megarare... - always make me laugh... Laughing
Razz Laughing
Mz412

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedway wrote:

! Perfect said
TacoBell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedway wrote:

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User Iscariah sold me some boots/dubs of older Norwegian stuff he had for very cheap last year. I've been playing the hell out of them and this was one of the best metal-related purchases I've made in a long time. I also bought some really decent bootlegged demos for 4/5 on Discogs a few months ago. That was nice.

I also wish most of the people on here were more interested in discussing music and sharing it than in trying too hard to have their tiny egos stroked by every other poster after boasting about purchases in ridiculous threads and then keep everything for themselves. But I suppose most of them never experienced the joy of filling a C-90 with records your mate's brother just got in the mail or making a REAL mixtape for someone and sending it in the mail. Yet they also want to give you lessons on what is trve, kvlt, etc... or not. Ultimately, their loss. I'll be there to buy their records for 1/5 of what they spent on them when they decide it's not for them anymore.

My apologies for the off-topic rant.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
User Iscariah sold me some boots/dubs of older Norwegian stuff he had for very cheap last year. I've been playing the hell out of them and this was one of the best metal-related purchases I've made in a long time. I also bought some really decent bootlegged demos for 4/5 on Discogs a few months ago. That was nice.

I also wish most of the people on here were more interested in discussing music and sharing it than in trying too hard to have their tiny egos stroked by every other poster after boasting about purchases in ridiculous threads and then keep everything for themselves. But I suppose most of them never experienced the joy of filling a C-90 with records your mate's brother just got in the mail or making a REAL mixtape for someone and sending it in the mail. Yet they also want to give you lessons on what is trve, kvlt, etc... or not. Ultimately, their loss. I'll be there to buy their records for 1/5 of what they spent on them when they decide it's not for them anymore.

My apologies for the off-topic rant.

agreed completely. this mentality is turning the producing and releasing of music as well as obtaining it into an all out joke. its sad how metal in general seems to harbor and attract these spazzoids in particular. of course the bands/labels also have to be held plenty accountable for this whole ordeal too, as they way they handle and present themselves often perpetuate the madness as well.

bootlegs exist for a damn good reason, and hearing so many whine over the issue only puts a bigger smile on my face. SUFFER!

*edit* the only REAL issue here is when the greedy J. E. W. distros in germany and beyond attempt to charge upwards of 30 euro for said bootlegs. pretty much defeats the purpose... capitalist greed at its finest!
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:

bootlegs exist for a damn good reason, and hearing so many whine over the issue only puts a bigger smile on my face. SUFFER!

*edit* the only REAL issue here is when the greedy J. E. W. distros in germany and beyond attempt to charge upwards of 30 euro for said bootlegs. pretty much defeats the purpose... capitalist greed at its finest!

This wasn't the point of my rant, though, and we don't share the same opinion either. As far as I'm concerned, a good 90% of the labels that advertise on here (and beyond) are about as worse as bootleggers when it comes to business practices. Unfortunately, I also noticed that very few people are as delusional as the average NWN poster so I'll stop my contribution to that thread here.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:

This wasn't the point of my rant, though, and we don't share the same opinion either. As far as I'm concerned, a good 90% of the labels that advertise on here (and beyond) are about as worse as bootleggers when it comes to business practices. Unfortunately, I also noticed that very few people are as delusional as the average NWN poster so I'll stop my contribution to that thread here.

ah shoot, I want to further add to this, but it would turn into a manifesto trying to agree to disagree but really agreeing and so on. fark it! its just a forum on the internet, man. electronic music calls my name... trading in spikes for glow sticks or something
manes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, this topic is meant to be a warning against suicide74, aka Michel Arnold from Leipzig, who has been selling fake demos on ebay as originals for many years, sometimes making lots of money out of them, claiming they all come from his insane private collection. This guy is a complete son of a b***h.
All the rest is nothing I can care about.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ha, sorry about that mate! btw...

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38871&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: