P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Stella Natura Fest 9/20-22 ~ 2013 ~ Esoteric, Stargazer...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theliving

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was really bummed about missing it, til I saw Rose Croix dropped, and Esoteric/Saturnalia Temple are playing Baltimore. Seen Jarboe twice already, and as wondrous as she is, her age is beginning to show in her performance.
Ough

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be there! I'm just as excited to check out the Tahoe wilderness as much as I am seeing some great music Cool
Clavicula_Nox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. Halo Manash and Arktau Eos in the wild was enough for me to take the plunge.
john matrix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fest was a blast. I didn't even mind the rain except for the fact that it eventually led to Esoteric getting cut short.
ascha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was wondering when someone would post about this fest! so bummed i missed it. how were cauldron black ram and saturnalia temple? those were the two i was most bummed about missing

Good buyers:
eric696, Doom-Mantia
Ihslahm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a total blast both playing and seeing lots of awesome sets. Getting flooded and frozen Saturday was pretty rough and I was worried that some my party would start pushing for us to leave early, but we stuck it out and Sunday turned out amazing. Esoteric was the highlight but really dug sets by Stargazer, Knelt Rote, Worm Ouroboros, Trepaneringsritualen, Sutekh Hexen, Hexvessel, Lux Interna, Merkstave, Munly anbd the Lupercalians, and Slim Cesna's Auto Club. Sure I am forgetting shit too, but also I missed a lot on Sunday due to the overlapping stage times, constantly changing set time listings and being way to fucked up to find Stage 3 by the end of the day. Food options were pretty lacking, but I came well stocked. It was also nice to be able to get away from the people and hike over to the river for a bit. It would have been nice if they were more prepared for the weather issues too. I believe Sunday got started late mostly due to the generators getting wet (or something of that sort) which forced even more overlap between bands.

As for all that Antifa shit, there was no one there protesting. I saw a bunch of folks there who lean left, and others who lean right but didn't see a single instance or harassment, fighting, or whatnot. Mostly a lot of people working together to get through the flooding and snow on Saturday. The one thing that did really piss me off was returning to camp Saturday night and finding the camp next to us had abandoned their site leaving not only a huge fire raging unattended in the middle of a forest, but also left a ton of garbage including a torn up tarp that was close enough to be ignited if any of that wood sparked.
john matrix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihslahm wrote:
The one thing that did really piss me off was returning to camp Saturday night and finding the camp next to us had abandoned their site leaving not only a huge fire raging unattended in the middle of a forest, but also left a ton of garbage including a torn up tarp that was close enough to be ignited if any of that wood sparked.

I was camped down by the river and saw that shit as well. I thought it was pretty retarded that a group of people who were obviously trying to act all "nature metal" (based on all the animal bone crap they had everywhere in the campsite, and the fact that they were at this fest at all) would be such clueless idiots on a camping trip.
PsychicViolence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great time. Esoteric was fucking incredible. It was cold as hell.
AtDusk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john matrix wrote:
Ihslahm wrote:
The one thing that did really piss me off was returning to camp Saturday night and finding the camp next to us had abandoned their site leaving not only a huge fire raging unattended in the middle of a forest, but also left a ton of garbage including a torn up tarp that was close enough to be ignited if any of that wood sparked.

I was camped down by the river and saw that shit as well. I thought it was pretty retarded that a group of people who were obviously trying to act all "nature metal" (based on all the animal bone crap they had everywhere in the campsite, and the fact that they were at this fest at all) would be such clueless idiots on a camping trip.

That was our fire. We were personally told to evacuate Saturday night by the director of Stella Natura with about an hour's notice. Tons of people had been gathering there and enjoying it all day and we conscientiously and specifically left the site and the fire in their hands. The tarps were salvaged from the nearby wood pile to keep the dry wood we had managed to gather useable for those who chose to stay.

In spite of the inclement weather and vague controversy, what I experienced was pretty wonderful. Lots of amazing performances and good times. Did not see any conflict between the rights and the lefts, but did see people of all ethnicities, gender identities, and sexual preferences gathering with a common love for nature and music.

Never thought I'd get to see Saturnalia Temple live. That was my highlight.
john matrix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtDusk wrote:
That was our fire. We were personally told to evacuate Saturday night by the director of Stella Natura with about an hour's notice. Tons of people had been gathering there and enjoying it all day and we conscientiously and specifically left the site and the fire in their hands. The tarps were salvaged from the nearby wood pile to keep the dry wood we had managed to gather useable for those who chose to stay.

Yeah that whole evacuation thing seemed like a pain in the ass. The owner of the property was camped down in that area too and he wasn't leaving. I figured he knew what he was doing and decided to stay.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool event, haven't been camping in ages. I actually really enjoyed getting to listen to some doom metal from elsewhere in the woods as opposed to standing in the crowd for it.

Thanks to everyone who checked out the stand for the two days we were set up, too:

Ough

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good time! Hexvessel, Stargazer, Knelt Rote, Knotwork and the Yuba River were the highlights for me.

xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an incredible time once again. Highlights for me were StarGazer (saw them 4 times that week, incredible every time), Hexvessel, Esoteric, Fire + Ice, Merkstave, Blood and Sun, Changers, Maledicere, Loss, Dispirit (one of their best sets to date, and I've seen nearly all of them) and Trepaneringsritualen. I unfortunately missed Knelt Rote, but I had seen them 3 times last week already, and I had to crash right before Sutekh Hexen played as it was 3:30 in the morning and I had been up for 20 hours or so on 4 hours sleep.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Clavicula_Nox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the best musical experience I've ever witnessed. Everything about Stella Natura commands respect, from the great organizers, to the performers, to attendees, to mother earth! I'm so glad that I didn't end up leaving after the snow massacre. With the help of comrades, we kept warm with liquour and bonfires until the next morning.

My absolute favorites were Hexvessel and Halo Manash. They emitted a transcendental energy that is beyond petty words. Other favorites were Bell Witch, Loss, Amber Asylum, Munly and the Lupercarians, and the great Saturnalia Temple. In reality I enjoyed at least some aspect of every band that performed. It truly was an unforgettable experience.
huntersinsnow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a long shot, but does anybody have a set list (even approximately) for Fire + Ice?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: