P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Top underground trends of the last few years...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fat Dagon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Top underground trends of the last few years... Reply with quote

I'll start it off...

Band members going by just their initials - "Bass: AK, Vokills: WD, etc"

Bands with NO members - "We're just, like, a shapeless void maaan" ..."Who said that?"... "Nobody! Because nobody's in the fucking band!"

Triangles. Tentacles. Triangles with tentacles coming out of them.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovecraft
Facebook
Antifa
captainretardo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Album descriptions/blurbs that are invariably some variant of

"Crawling suffocating swirling oppressing rituals unleashed from the sweltering chaotic abyss through occult incantations. Prepare for a myriad of crushing, obscure textures in this sonic manifestation of pure majestic cacophonous blasphemy. blah blah blah (insert more adjectives)"

They don't even tell what kind of music it is, and basically read as if some retarded kid spent a few minutes with a thesaurus. Over/under for the word "obscure" is 2.5.

The worst is that nearly all of these albums can be desribed quite accurately as either,

"Basically a mix of ____ and ____, with the odd splash of ____" or
"Total ____ worship, for fans of ____."

I wish they'd just say that.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole anti cosmic khaos thing.

Black metal fashion pages on facebook.
Exitium

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Top underground trends of the last few years... Reply with quote

Fat Dagon wrote:
I'll start it off...

Bands with NO members - "We're just, like, a shapeless void maaan" ..."Who said that?"... "Nobody! Because nobody's in the fucking band!"

Guilty as charged, I've done all three in the past and present but you're absolutely wrong to call it a trend.

1 & 2. Bands are pissed off with Metal Archives and their autistic circus of admins becoming obsessed with adding every bit of private information on them. Additionally with underground 'celebrities' like Nergal, Black and Death metal should discourage individual idolatry. Furthermore pseudonyms are getting ridiculous now, no one gives two shits about your band of "Azazel", "Lord Mortis" and "Lilith." Initials are value-free.

3. Triangles are related to Catholic imagery of the Trinity. Tentacles have been used in Death Metal for a few decades at least. I see no reason for bands with a reason for doing so to stop using either.

Essentially though you seem to be complaining about something you haven't really thought about. There's bound to be 'trends' and imagery or ideas that people will imitate because they see its potential as a good idea, as opposed to imitating it because it's 'cool'.

Blutkvlt wrote:
Wear your cunted out black metal shirts while practicing occult rituals like burning sage and posting quotes from Aleister Crowley on facebook.
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing on NWN forum.

Hating everyone under the age of 45.

Hating Watain.

Being the most satanic, evil, vile that band ever existed. (Unfortunately no one succeeded yet.)
He Who Cuts Stone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aviator shades
patched up vests
black metal punks
crusties wearing Burzum/Mayhem patches
Blasphemy worship
2-man bands
talking shit on the NWN forum
Fat Dagon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Top underground trends of the last few years... Reply with quote

Exitium wrote:
Fat Dagon wrote:
I'll start it off...

Guilty as charged, I've done all three in the past and present but you're absolutely wrong to call it a trend.

1 & 2. Bands are pissed off with Metal Archives and their autistic circus of admins becoming obsessed with adding every bit of private information on them. Additionally with underground 'celebrities' like Nergal, Black and Death metal should discourage individual idolatry. Furthermore pseudonyms are getting ridiculous now, no one gives two shits about your band of "Azazel", "Lord Mortis" and "Lilith." Initials are value-free.

3. Triangles are related to Catholic imagery of the Trinity. Tentacles have been used in Death Metal for a few decades at least. I see no reason for bands with a reason for doing so to stop using either.

Essentially though you seem to be complaining about something you haven't really thought about. There's bound to be 'trends' and imagery or ideas that people will imitate because they see its potential as a good idea, as opposed to imitating it because it's 'cool'.

Ooooh, touched a raw nerve there eh?

Who said I was complaining? I like plenty of bands who've done those things.
Doesn't mean I can't poke a bit of fun at them!

I guess I hadn't though THAT much about it - 'cos this thread is meant to be a bit of a laugh - self deprecating humour for our scene. Underground metal is chock full of trends - that doesn't mean it's a bad thing! The word trend isn't in itself a dirty word - it describes something that has become commonplace through more and more occurrences.

"...Black and Death metal should discourage individual idolatry..." Gimme a break! Have some fun for fuck's sake.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promoters calling concerts "rituals"
Bands making a "movie"
Taking drugs because of "Henbane" and then write about on NWN
dalecooper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Top underground trends of the last few years... Reply with quote

Fat Dagon wrote:

Who said I was complaining? I like plenty of bands who've done those things.
Doesn't mean I can't poke a bit of fun at them!

I guess I hadn't though THAT much about it - 'cos this thread is meant to be a bit of a laugh - self deprecating humour for our scene. Underground metal is chock full of trends - that doesn't mean it's a bad thing! The word trend isn't in itself a dirty word - it describes something that has become commonplace through more and more occurrences.

I agree. Trend really just means "something that lots of people are suddenly doing, for whatever reason." It doesn't necessarily mean "stop trying to be cool, kid." And it is kinda funny how certain things suddenly become ubiquitous, even if I like plenty of bands that are doing them.

I'd add on:
- "Live rituals." What happened to shows, or (god forbid) gigs? Do they all have to be sacrificial paeans to the dark lord?

- The word "crushing." It's the "brutal" or "kvlt" of 2013. Time to crush it.
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one word: OV
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black metal bands covering GG Allin.
Dusted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
Black metal bands covering GG Allin.

well we are past the 90s where something like this wouldve been considered uncool.

this isnt a trend its more or less as mandatory as breathing
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Legendary cult album" [one trick ponies doing more one trick pony side projects on the same label making the same boring shit over and over]

"misanthropic black metal" [some faggot[s] hiding in basements hiding like cowards with the help of face book, video games, dominos pizza]

"rare appearance ritual" [more faggots that don't play shows often cause they are scared of people, the band sucks and come from a retarded socialized country full of faggots in general and get together to make a train wreck performance at some stupid fest full of chumps with autism.]
rauta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha great thread. Won't add anything though.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: