P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

I, VOIDHANGER RECORDS - News & Releases
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: I, VOIDHANGER RECORDS - News & Releases Reply with quote

New releases out in late September/early October:

NAR MATTARU "Enuma Elish" CD
I'm proud to announce the signing of NAR MATTARU, the true heirs of cult Chilean death metal band Dominus (later Dominus Xul). Inspired by Sumerian mythology, NAR MATTARU play crushing death metal usually organized in long and very hypnotizing songs.
Their debut album, "Enuma Elish", has been released by Pacto Records in 2011, and now will be reissued by I, Voidhanger Records in Europe and North America. "Enuma Elish" includes the four crushing cuts from the much celebrated "In The Black Spheres Of Time" demo 2009 together with three new compositions and covers of Autopsy and Kratherion.

Here you find all the details and a couple of preview songs:
http://www.i-voidhanger.com/nar_mattaru_enuma_elish.htm

A new album is already in the works, tentatively scheduled for a April 2013 release.

---------------------------------------------------

THE WAKEDEAD GATHERING "Dark Circles" CD-EP
THE WAKEDED GATHERING have released the acclaimed debut album "Tenements Of Ephemera" in 2010 as a pro-printed CD-r limited to 100 copies, and later also as a tape co-produced by Dark Descent Records and Skeleton Plague Records.
While waiting for a definitive CD edition of "Tenements Of Ephemera" (as well as for a new full-length), the band is releasing a 5-track EP of obscure Lovecraftian death metal aptly titled "Dark Circles".
It follows the same path of the debut, reviewing in a personal way the early Incantation / early Immolation canons, this time with even more emphasis on crushing raw sounds, rhythmic changes, dark twisted melodies, and cosmic horror atmospheres.

For a preview song and all details:
http://www.i-voidhanger.com/the_wakedead_gathering_dark_circles.htm

Other 2 new releases will be announced in coming days!

STILL HOT:

TEMPESTUOUS FALL "The Stars Would Not Awake You" CD
New funeral death/doom project by Dis Pater of Midnight Odyssey.
It has been nominated 'album of the day' at ROADBURN. Check Zero Tolerance magazine in the future for an interview.
A few opinions:

"The Stars Would Not Awake You is the kind of album that makes you debate its finest track over and over. There are five of them, all offering something unique that lurkers will return for again and again. In other words, it’s unmissable. Real funeral doom for 2012."
ROADBURN

"Slow and doom-laden, the songs are nonetheless teeming with melody and often have lush textures due to the use of synths and the violin. Openly inspired by My Dying Bride, but by no means a reproduction of their music, The Stars Would Not Wake You is melancholic and melodic, and should definitely appeal to fans of funeral doom metal and depressive death doom."
SEA OF TRANQUILLITY [4/5]

By funeral doom standards, this is one of the best albums of its kind released in the last few years and I find it hard to fault anything with this album. It is morose, depressing, dark and all so painfully filled with sorrow but there is something about this that will have you coming back for more... this can not be missed.
DOOMMANTIA [9,5/10]

"a depressive and melancholic doom metal album with lush and melodic qualities, all of which combined makes for an atmosphere of suicidal crestfallenness. Fans of funeral doom and death-doom, and particularly fans of My Dying Bride, should find it an interesting release."
METAL MUSIC ARCHIVES [4/5]

YSENGRIN "To Endotaton" CD
This occult metal jewel is rapidly gaining the status of cult album... whatever that means in a world where every album is called cult! All I know is that "To Endotaton" is dark and bold, one of the releases I'm most proud of, and my personal album of the year so far. I recommend it to those into Necromantia, Varathron, Zemial, Mortuary Drape, Necromass, Necros Christos, Mystifier, Root, Black Oath, Death SS, Mercyful Fate...
Reviews:

"Ysengrin's primary motif would be rooted in the death/doom aesthetic, with a lot of slow to mid paced, lurching palm muted riffs redolent of Black Sabbath slathered in a massive guttural growl. Think Hooded Menace meets Candlemass and you're somewhere near the right ballpark, but the Frenchmen also incorporate variation in the form of pure old school death and black metal breaks, not to mention some wicked, straight heavy/doom riffs that erupt into sheer headbanging pleasure. Beyond that, there are beautiful passages of classically-inflected clean guitars, backing synthesizers and organs set up sparsely at just the right joints in the album's framework to intensify its exotic, morbid and soul sucking affectations."
FROM THE DUST RETURNED [8.75/10]

"The overall quality of riffs and the great sense of style that's brought this mixture of genres together, shows how much thought and effort has gone into creating this album."
DAMNED BY LIGHT [8+/10]

"The song might be over forty minutes of length but Ysengrin really pull it off brilliantly. It contains several moves and changes – passages and sequences -, taking you through a variety of dark moods, and features a couple of reprised themes to keep it all together. Stylistically, the song draws on death metal, black metal, doom metal, a bit of primitive thrash metal, heavy metal and hard rock, and there are even a couple of acoustic sections... you should explore the piece of art that is Ysengrin's To Endotaton."
SEA OF TRANQUILLTY [4/5]

"The music of Ysengrin is considerably eclectic, containing elements of death metal, doom metal, gothic metal, black metal, thrash metal and even some more traditional heavy metal. And this is a blend that works incredibly well, as the forty-minute sole song found on the album takes the listener through various metal music landscapes, from melodic upbeat riffs over slow and heavy doom-laden passages to black metal-styled blastbeating. To this you can add chucking Celtic Frost-ish riffage and other primitive black-thrash moves..."

CHOWDER "Passion Rift" CD
Featuring guitarist Josh Hart (Unorthdox, Revelation, Asylum), CHOWDER deliver what you would expect from such a doom metal veteran, from huge riffs to dark melodis... but also an intriguing prog touch that spice things up. Think Rush meets The Obsessed, and you won't be far from truth.

"There is no doubt that the trio's level of musicianship is superb. The drumming style is energetic and has a jazz-like organicness to it, while the bass is rock solid and has a nice fat and round sound to it. The guitar work is pretty interesting. Riffwise, it has a Tony Iommi-like heaviness and groove to it, while, leadwise, it captures the same type of dynamism that trademarks Steve Howe's characteristic style of playing."

"In addition to standard rock instrumentation, the album also features mellotrons, theremins, cellos and taurus pedals, which means that there are several really spacy moments to look forward to. The level of musicianship is impeccable, and the listener is treated to rock steady riffage and Yes-like guitar leads as well as organic and jazzy drumming combines with a driving and energetic bass."
SEA OF TRANQUILLITY (4,5/5)

"Take an instrumental/stoner rock act like Karma to Burn and then amplify its inherent range of dynamics, then add in spaced-out elements like a Mellotron, multiple synthesizer waves and more eclectic and exotic instruments like a theremin, Taurus pedal, and cello. This is more or less the broth from which the sound is formed, and then splayed out in varied and fascinating riffs that keep a listener's attention"
FROM THE DUST RETURNED [8/10]

"Player of guitar, bass, synthesizers, mellotron, theremin, and all-round genius Josh Hart has played in bands like Unorthodox, Revelation and Earthride so with a pedigree like that you would expect to hear something special....and here it is. 'Passion Rift' by Chowder is one of the most mind-bending instrumental albums to be released this year."
DOOMMANTIA

On a final note, our store has been updated with many titles from NWN Prod., I Hate, Those Opposed, Xtreem Music, Total Rust, ConSouling, etc. Very low prices and limted quantities, so act fast.
http://www.i-voidhanger.com/mailorder.htm
https://www.facebook.com/i.voidhanger.records
http://i-voidhangerrecords.bandcamp.com/
skeletor666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tempestuous fall album is great
xr2m

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally looking forward to the Nar Mataru CD and will definitely pick that one up. Serious question, though - why is the label named after a horrible song from Darkthrone's worst album?
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thanks! Dis Pater is currently working on a concept album that will reunite all his projects: Midnight Odyssey, Tempestuous Fall, and The Crevices Below. Judging by the preview tracks I've heard, it'll be one of his finest hour. More details soon.

Quote:
Totally looking forward to the Nar Mataru CD and will definitely pick that one up. Serious question, though - why is the label named after a horrible song from Darkthrone's worst album?

When I started the label, I suspected that naming it after a Darkthrone song from a hated album (and with full-color cover art!) wasn't the wisest move... Smile
Well, that Darkthrone album was the first record I listened to after a long pause from music because of my young brother's death. That title (and lyrics) perfectly matched my feelings. When I had to choose the name for the label, I was indecised between I, Voidhanger and Nihiluminus (a curious word from a Gorguts tune), but I opted for I, Voidhanger because I'm a sentimental guy.
Also, I like the word "I" very much, the label wants to be a photograph of my many metal interestes, and the name fits well with the fact that most of my bands are one-man projects. In many cases, I prefer the absolutistic vision of a single artist over a group effort.

Thanks for your interest.
xray

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!! I am looking forward to finally getting a real copy of Nar Mattaru, and those other releases look tasty as well.
Albert-Satan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This first one looks amazing. I will be happy to check it out!
Numerator41

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see that Nar Mattaru CD will be getting some decent distribution. I didn't have any trouble ordering it from Pacto, but it looks like a lot of other people did.
S_Slaughter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeletor666 wrote:

Have been listening to this alot since I got my copy!
firmament

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, Voidhanger wrote:
Dis Pater is currently working on a concept album that will reunite all his projects: Midnight Odyssey, Tempestuous Fall, and The Crevices Below. Judging by the preview tracks I've heard, it'll be one of his finest hour. More details soon.

This sounds amazing. Holy Hell.
Mutilashawn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ysengrin sounds killer! Been in touch with Guido on and off for years. Haven't checked in with the project in a while. Dead on perfect description and associated bands.
wasteland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOW-DAH
Guido

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutilashawn wrote:
Ysengrin sounds killer! Been in touch with Guido on and off for years. Haven't checked in with the project in a while. Dead on perfect description and associated bands.

Shawn, I contacted you sometimes ago, but no answer. Maybe your email wasnt valid anymore?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be out early next month together with NAR MATTARU and THE WAKEDEAD GATHERING:

ÆVANGELIST - De Masticatione Mortuorum In Tumulis CD

The debut album. 8 songs, 62 minutes, includes the 3 tracks off the "Oracle Of Infinite Despair" internet-EP (2011).
Comparable perhaps to Portal, Mitochondrion, Vasaeleth, late Blut Aus Nord and Godflesh, ÆVANGELIST play dark, chaotic and atmospheric death metal. Their music is a terrifying and hallucinating representation of a new dark era of hopelessness towards which we're running fast.

Check the release page and listen to 2 preview songs:

http://www.i-voidhanger.com/aevangelist_de_masticatione_mortuorum_in_tumulis.htm

-----------------------------------

One more release will be announced shortly.
Guido

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, we really need a label for the coproduction of "To Endotaton" vinyl.
Labels interesting, please contact Luciano at: voidhanger.records@gmail.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zoltar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I was kind of turned off by their awful drum sound, I really did dig DOMINUS XUL album on XTREEM MUSIC so I'm looking forward to hear the band latest incarnation for sure. Quite curious those two other bands you've just signed though... May I ask though if that's a drum machine I'm hearing on AEVANGELIST sample?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: