P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NWN message board admins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vote!
cutterofgums
53%
 53%  [ 44 ]
facefate
13%
 13%  [ 11 ]
ironbloodblasphemy
33%
 33%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 83

IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polls close in 24 hours. Be sure to PM your vote and suggestions to Demoniarch by Tuesday 21:00 CST!
3. Content related to Necroytardonic Records
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Vega360

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this actually a legitimate thing that is happening I have zero desire/time to be a moderator or admin.

WINTER SOLACE PRODUCTIONS
If it is not illegal, It's not black metal!

https://store-wintersolaceproductions-com.3dcartstores.com/
Forces of Steel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
Forces of Steel wrote:
>phpBB version dating back to 2005

Me. I'll help upgrade.

Someone capable of upgrading the forum's phpBB would be very needed.

I don't want badges and forums currency though.

I do, though.
AmaLurra wrote:
CR99 wrote:
1981 wrote:
Being serious now, I do not browse a lot of forums outside of NWN but it has by far the most simple interface to use, could anyone describe to me what the current phpBB looks like in the present day?

Not that different from my experience but a lot of bells and whistles added. Like up/downvotes and reddit-karma stuff. I don't think anyone needs or wants these gimmicks on here. Maybe just fix the stability issues and search function and that's it.
NWNs forum is so outdated it's almost fashionable, give it 5-10 years and you can justifiably call it retro like a geocities page.

The layout of this board makes it so great and easily navigable (minus the search function). It 'aint really broke, so there's no major need to fix it.

While it's typical for "a lot of bells and whistles" to be added to the core as software evolves, you are not required to enable most or all of them by default. phpBB is also free and open-source software, so an administrator or programmer could always take a look into the code and edit it as they see fit. There are plenty of phpBB installs that look as vanilla as this one. It just depends on one's philosophy. Tons of Web sites try to cater to mobile users by bloating shit up with JavaScript. You don't need that at all in order to enjoy your browsing experience, but updating software to stay on the safe side of things should always be considered.
heavyR wrote:
I could be wrong here, but it seems like revising the layout of the NWN board would be like replacing well loved classic album art that everyone loves with some modern/slick photoshop crap.

How so? You're updating software to fix bugs, improve security, and so on. Nothing will change about the way it looks, and if it does, that's what backups are for. The default theme will stay the same as it is, hence the powers of CSS.

My point is that a forum can be as light as it is (that's if an administrator chooses so), albeit with more stability patches along the way. 2005 was a long time ago, and the Internet has changed a lot since then.

Another problem is that if you log in and forget to include the WWW part, you're shown as guest. That's also going to have to be fixed. Also, strict HTTPS enforcement is a must.
Crasse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that needs to be fixed is getting log out randomly or taking multiple tries to log in. Also a better search option and a mobile version would be good too.
rthdx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vega360 wrote:
If this actually a legitimate thing that is happening I have zero desire/time to be a moderator or admin.

You need some serious medication, dude. And I'm deadly serious with this post. Neutral
youtube
discogs
little_raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crasse wrote:
taking multiple tries to log in.

I had the exact same problem. Try the "log in to check private messages" option instead, works like a charm for me.

Crasse wrote:
mobile version

Nah.
windofpain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little_raven wrote:
Crasse wrote:

I had the exact same problem. Try the "log in to check private messages" option instead, works like a charm for me.

Crasse wrote:
mobile version

Nah.

that's the only way I ever sign in, but still occasionally have to enter my account info again (just reloads the login page).

sometimes if I click "PM" under a users post, or the "reply" button in a thread, it just takes me to the main forum page. it will do this until I close and reload the window, not a huge deal but probably some underlying issue.

i agree that a mobile version isn't really necessary; the regular browser is fine for me.

"King Dude sounds like white power Cake"
lemegethon
banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windofpain wrote:
little_raven wrote:
Crasse wrote:

Crasse wrote:
mobile version

Nah.

that's the only way I ever sign in, but still occasionally have to enter my account info again (just reloads the login page).

sometimes if I click "PM" under a users post, or the "reply" button in a thread, it just takes me to the main forum page. it will do this until I close and reload the window, not a huge deal but probably some underlying issue.

i agree that a mobile version isn't really necessary; the regular browser is fine for me.

Isn't that just because you're logged out? And a mobile version would be really good. It's very hard reading this on a phone.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forces of Steel wrote:
CR99 wrote:
GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
Forces of Steel wrote:

Me. I'll help upgrade.

I do, though.

What for? It's trash for kids. I want to talk metal and not play Monopoly with posts.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem with outdated software is security. A frustrated user with minimal software skills can most probably destroy the forum easily.

Otherwise I do agree with keeping the simplicity and using a better search system.

About the mobile app, there's no need IMO. Responsive design is way better and will avoid clogging your smartphone memory with yet another app and yet another ton of cached data.

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Black Records Matter
Forces of Steel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Forces of Steel wrote:
CR99 wrote:
GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
Forces of Steel wrote:

Me. I'll help upgrade.

I do, though.

What for? It's trash for kids. I want to talk metal and not play Monopoly with posts.

Then, don't use it. No one said you had to conform. May as well get rid of post count with that tone.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forces of Steel wrote:
CR99 wrote:
Forces of Steel wrote:
CR99 wrote:
GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
Forces of Steel wrote:

Me. I'll help upgrade.

I do, though.

Then, don't use it. No one said you had to conform. May as well get rid of post count with that tone.

That would be just fine. No one should care about post counts.
Crasse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
The main problem with outdated software is security. A frustrated user with minimal software skills can most probably destroy the forum easily.

Otherwise I do agree with keeping the simplicity and using a better search system.

About the mobile app, there's no need IMO. Responsive design is way better and will avoid clogging your smartphone memory with yet another app and yet another ton of cached data.

Yeah i wasn't talking about an app or anything too modern, it will be fine just with a mobile version of the web with bigger font and fixed width so we dont have to zoom in and out the whole time.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
Polls close in 24 hours. Be sure to PM your vote and suggestions to Demoniarch by Tuesday 21:00 CST!

Looks like the general concensus is a IXTAB2 account... and more importantly a cell phone number is provided so when a thread needs immediate moderating any member of the forum can call him 24/7 to moderate the thread immediately.
al_infierno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is for IXTAB and NWN PROD to be removed as admins, and for Demoniarch to take their place as the sole admin.

Bostitch wrote:

I quit before starting such a Bullshit, i get an Orgasm otherwise or buy some other Tapes from other Labels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: