P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Car Stereo Shit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john matrix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
don't get a cheap Pioneer radio. Spend a little more (like $200) and get an Alpine or one of the better Kenwood/Pioneer etc. I had Pioneer, Kenwood radios etc. they all started crapping out after maybe 1.5 years, first with CD-Rs, later original CDs.
If you want to buy a sub, make sure you buy a radio that has a separate output for the sub with separate volume control. I have a JBL sub and a Kicker amp (300W, I think). Used that in conjunction with the built in speakers from my car stereo and it sounds great for all types of music. There's nothing wrong with demoing subs with bass heavy music, if the sub will play clean bass with Hip Hop or Dubstep, it will also sound clean with Metal. The sub and amp cost me around 400 Euro five or six years ago. No need for a capacitor. I didn't want to mess around with the interior of my car tearing everything apart in order to fit in new speakers. Depending on your car you may need to build adapter plates for the mountings etc. way too much hassle. throwing a sub in the trunk seemed like an easier solution.

Thanks for the info. I don't think the trunk is an option for me since I drive a Fit (I think it's called a Jazz in EU). It's a hatchback and I need the trunk space for camping crap. I think for now I will bypass getting a sub, and just try upgrading my other components.
Gustav

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donīt have any problems in my Porsche...
RottingGrandmaCorpse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get a new aftermarket Deck (Pioneer, Kenwood, ect) and replace the current speakers with new speakers of the same brand. Go to BestBuy. $200 for just the deck is too much unless you plan on putting much more money in it later.

New deck will cost you around $60. Speakers ~ $100-$150. Switch em out or have somebody do it. The sound with just this and no amp will be a huge improvement.

THEN next step is the amp and subs. Then you're looking at like at least $400.
Gehinnom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
don't get a cheap Pioneer radio. Spend a little more (like $200) and get an Alpine or one of the better Kenwood/Pioneer etc.

Agreed. Get an Alpine - they are the best by far, and you don't have to spend a fortune.
Mortado

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've has the same Pioneer head unit, amp and speakers for ten years and it has never failed me. It won't play digital music files but that's what the line-in is for. I blew my original sub (Sony) with "Sons of Northern Darkness" but replaced it with a 12" Kicker 8 years ago which is still running strong.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're listening to the wrong music in the car.

Need to be cranking Freewheel Burning, Wheels of Fire and the like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: