P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

good metal documentary...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Towelripper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: good metal documentary... Reply with quote

here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iblTDXV3Bw
(part 1)

black sabbath, iron maiden, slayer, napalm death etc
Straxus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked a lot :

METAL: A HEADBANGER`S JOURNEY

many great moments, with Ronnie James Dio, Necrobutcher, Ghaal (Satan !), Girlschool, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, even the guys of Slipknot (I don´´t know at all what the fuck they featured in that documental, buttheir answers were consistent and interestings!)

Going to check out this one...

Any version with spanish tittles?
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Global Metal? I saw the premiere here in Montreal. It was a good movie for sure. I highly recommend it!
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want that Get Thrashed movie to come out! Been waiting for that I think for about 4 years! Probably more. In fact I'm starting to wonder if I first heard about it while in school! Laughing

Hmm, still need to watch Metal: A Headbanger's Journey...

What would be cool is a comprehensive look at each subgenre, but I don't think there's a TV channel nor a movie studio on the entire planet who would fund that and besides it would have to cover all the popular shit to attract viewers...

Anyway posted video was quite enjoyable.
Detest Records

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some days ago there was a french speaking documentary about metal on the Belgian National TV.

It's was rather short (60 minutes) and focused on BLACK SABBATH, JUDAS PRIEST, IRON MAIDEN and METALLICA

It was ok+

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is pretty good.

I fucking hate that "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" one. As soon as you add people like the rage against the machine guy, rob zombie and slipknot, all your credibility goes right out the window and it only goes to show how fake that guy's fanboy attitude is.

That Metal "family tree" thing was stupid too. They couldn't just make it "Black Metal", but "Norwegian Black Metal". They also filed Cradle of Filth under it, ha ha.

I'm curious to seeing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyqVheeTRZk

Even though it obviously follows the same sensationalist nature of all the other ones.
FuneralCircle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Global Metal is a fuckin' shame. A shitty anthropologist and for being into Metal for as long he claims, he knows jack shit.
Chit019

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so he's not tr00 ? Laughing
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I get bored with them constantly going on about Norway and talking to Gaydle of Fags. However it probably has to do with the latter being big business and the former being so sensationalist, so they would concentrate on the area.

The link to Youtube looks interesting however. Anywhere for more info?
Inverto Crosso

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a bunch of these metal-related movies last week in a local music video festival, Get Thrashed sure is recommendable to anyone into 80's thrash metal. If you're a dedicated thrash-freak, it's not giving anything completely unheard or unseen material, but it's still offering good and entertaining view on things how they were back then. It's pretty much centred on the big names such as Exodus, Slayer, Kreator, Megadeth a.s.o.

Global Metal is a good sequel to Headbanger's Journey. They go in countries like China, India, Indonesia and Dubai and meet metal fans, local bands and visit local record stores, gigs and so on.

I saw also one about the village of Wacken. It wasn't that much about metal, as it was concentrating more on the inhabitants of Wacken and their everyday life. Lots of cows and scary old ladies...
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People can criticise all they want- until they get of their asses and make a netter documentary, I'll stick with liking what's available. Razz

I went to the premiere of Get Thrashed which was bizarrely held in London- it's worth watching just for that buffoon Mustaine's unbelievable ramblings.

Rewatched Decline Of Western Civilisation pt.2 again last week. Absolute classic.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FuneralCircle wrote:
A shitty anthropologist and for being into Metal for as long he claims, he knows jack shit.

Hehe I'm about to graduate as an anthropologist within a year. Not that I would make any "research" on metal though. Other issues are much more interesting from an anthropological point of view. Metal is metal is metal you know.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

global metal could be a good idea for a documentary ... featuring old cults behind the iron curtain and south american death squads at the behest of machetes and cocaine farmers + civil war

nah, lets make it about nu metal bands from egypt and indonesia instead. Some rolling shots of exotic skinned people in slayer shirts doing the METAL hand sign, and we're done!

and i've only seen the trailer

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I rather prefer playing with my girlfriends pussy instead of nerding around in a virtual hell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: