P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bathory Yellow Goat bootleg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrkKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Banzai press of the debut, and I'm more happy with that than that shitty bootleg. I agree, the whole idea of the "yellow goat" was to have the rare vinyl. This isn't rare - it's a shitty bootleg.

Good deals: Travis N., xyosefx, Dark Descent, captainretardo

Last edited by DrkKnight on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for my ears the recent black mark has good sound - so what its white and basic - but sounds great to me
drinks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrkKnight wrote:
I have the Banzai press of the debut, and I'm more happy wioth that than that shitty bootleg. I agree, the whole idea of the "yellow goat" was to have the rare vinyl. This isn't rare - it's a shitty bootleg.

Have you seen the prices for Banzai lately? Would buy you about half a real yellow goat.
wirelessbanality

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my opinion that the Banzai goat had a smaller run then the more popular Banzai titles. Possibly only 500 were pressed - maybe 1000 but that would surprise me. So going by those numbers...I guess it would be on par if not more so rare than a yellow goat.
DrkKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it would be really cool that I got that and the Return Banzai press for $20 then? Wink

wirelessbanality

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still get "The Return..." somewhat cheap still. Banzai pressings has exploded in appeal but i don't think the frenzy is for all their titles. But the goat is easily the most sought after. The slight cover variation plus the speed metal wheel kicks it over the top for Bathory maniacs I guess.
DrkKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, to be honest I like the red off white variation more than the yellow goat, but that's just me.

the wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This boot is ok soundwise, if it had been white i 'd have bought it too as i thought 1st it was an official Black mark release... Anyway i see it everywhere and local shops are selling it for 25€.... Confused Da fuck ?
TacoBell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid
kjs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wizard wrote:
This boot is ok soundwise, if it had been white i 'd have bought it too as i thought 1st it was an official Black mark release... Anyway i see it everywhere and local shops are selling it for 25€.... Confused Da fuck ?

I got the Black Mark re-issue for 16e few months back.
DSS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
Isn't the whole point of the yellow goat to own a rare and important part of metal history? Whats the fuckin' point of owning a bootleg of it? defeats the purpose entirely..

The purpose to own an album is to play it and listen to the music. Sure we all have a fave band and like to 'collect' certain albums but there should be no other reason than the music. I would never pay a high price for an album just so I can say 'look what I have!'
maniact666

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundwise all the bootlegs and reissues have a faded in Intro and a cuttet Outro. This are the easiest ways to proof. The Original Outro is nearly a Minute long and the Original Intro begins with a Bell Punch. I think all Boots and Reissues are mastered from the badly remastered 1990 CD´s or 2003er Rereleases.
the wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjs wrote:
the wizard wrote:

I got the Black Mark re-issue for 16e few months back.

Paid 15€ for it and i 've been fooled as it was sealed... didn't know boots came sealed Laughing
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the demand for the banzai bathory was they were both part of the 18 speed metal imprint records? The speed metal swirl has been collectible for years and had a page dedicated to it, and exploded more recently because every thrash, speed, or heavy metal band is using the logo on their albums in tribute.

There was a time even up to a few years ago if you went to canada you could find just about anything banzai for cheap. It wasn't seen as a very desirable label to have for a while (Ah crap, its on banzai....) but given the popularity of 80's metal vinyl, i'm sure like everything else a lot of these pressings are becoming at least as valueable or more than the other versions out there.
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
Isn't the whole point of the yellow goat to own a rare and important part of metal history? Whats the fuckin' point of owning a bootleg of it? defeats the purpose entirely..

The purpose to own an album is to play it and listen to the music. Sure we all have a fave band and like to 'collect' certain albums but there should be no other reason than the music. I would never pay a high price for an album just so I can say 'look what I have!'

Look, I don't get it either. Way too broke to follow much of this shit. I just thought the yellow goat was a run of 1000 with the same music as later re-issues. This would mean that the only reason to own it would be as a collector's item, wouldn't it? Collectors item doesn't mean a fuck of a lot if its a bootleg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: