P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

PayPal claims = shit system for sellers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duff138 wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
Quote:
I never had a problem in the past when I used delivery confirmation. Has it changed so that delivery confirmation is not enough? When I had the info 2 years ago I got the money back from the shady buyer. Also delivery confirmation was free when I used the online postage system.

Delivery confirmation only works in the US. A lot of these problems are due to shitty postal systems of other countries as Jarro pointed out.

I was just looking at the different options to send a couple records overseas. One of the options, the step just above 1st class international, is priority overseas, for a little over a $1 it said that I could purchase a deliver receipt. I could have it emailed to me or a post card sent to me when the package was delivered.

Delivery confirmation is supposed to be an International option. It does in fact comes printed in an International form (kinda the customs form or for those who remember the IRC). That way, when te package is delivered someone has to sign and it comes back to you as a proof it has been delivered. The fact if it was really done by the one receiving the things or a thief disguised as postal officer, wel, that's another thing.
I use only this way when I sell things through eGay, so it protects me.
Paypal hs done things easier for me, but after going to the antipaypal site, I see some things different. In some countries, they will always find a way to screw the honest ones, and that makes the others pay.
In the snailmail days, bands/distros whatever, always told me horror histories about being ripped off by South/latin/America, Asia and bla, bla. There were fewer form Europe or USA but still there were some. So to avoid this crap when sending IRC's, trades, interviews, I learnt about the delivery confirmation thing. So far, so good, up until now.
I just tell the buyer that the thing besides going registered it does also goes with a delivery confirmation (which is as some told, quite cheap) and I send them scanned the receipt so that makes them think twice before trying to be smart asses, specially when sometimes the time of delivery might be quite long.
dreamethereal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a chargeback filed against me after the fucking cocksucker LEFT ME POSITIVE FEEDBACk. Holy fuck, If they actually make this stick I will fucking stop ebaying anything and go shit on this motherfuckers doorstep.
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamethereal wrote:
Just got a chargeback filed against me after the fucking cocksucker LEFT ME POSITIVE FEEDBACk. .

Haha. Some people are just fucked in the head, Especially with the new feedback routine.

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
dreamethereal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutterofgums wrote:
dreamethereal wrote:
Just got a chargeback filed against me after the fucking cocksucker LEFT ME POSITIVE FEEDBACk. .

Haha. Some people are just fucked in the head, Especially with the new feedback routine.

I mean, how the fuck could they possibly let the chargeback go if there is POSITIVE feedback for the transaction on my page? Seriously. I will fucking flip shit on Paypal if they don't protect me on this.
evolutionofthorns

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamethereal wrote:
I mean, how the fuck could they possibly let the chargeback go if there is POSITIVE feedback for the transaction on my page? Seriously. I will fucking flip shit on Paypal if they don't protect me on this.

Paypal will most likely not protect you. I had something similar happen to me about a month ago. In May I sold a CD to a guy in China (ebay ID bingo_2001 by the way, just so everyone knows not to deal with him). I sent this guy all the proof that his package had been sent, and he emailed me telling me I was a great seller, etc. About a month after the auction ended, he left me positive feedback which said, "perfect auction, thanks." Now, anyone reading that would assume that this guy had gotten what he paid for. In late June, I got an email from Paypal telling me this asshole had filed a complaint against me. All he said in his complaint was, "Never got CD need refund now." I didn't offer him a refund, and filed a dispute against him. I sent Paypal a copy of the postal receipt, copies of the emails that I exchanged with this guy, a link to my feedback page, showing where he left positive feedback, the customs form number, and a photo of the package I had taken before I shipped it. Paypal waited a few weeks, then basically told me to go fuck myself and returned him his money. Granted, it was only less then $25, and I have an LP version of the CD I lost, but that's not the point. Paypal sucks, and as a seller you're completely screwed unless you get some kind of tracking on a package.
dreamethereal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evolutionofthorns wrote:
dreamethereal wrote:

Paypal will most likely not protect you. I had something similar happen to me about a month ago. In May I sold a CD to a guy in China (ebay ID bingo_2001 by the way, just so everyone knows not to deal with him). I sent this guy all the proof that his package had been sent, and he emailed me telling me I was a great seller, etc. About a month after the auction ended, he left me positive feedback which said, "perfect auction, thanks." Now, anyone reading that would assume that this guy had gotten what he paid for. In late June, I got an email from Paypal telling me this asshole had filed a complaint against me. All he said in his complaint was, "Never got CD need refund now." I didn't offer him a refund, and filed a dispute against him. I sent Paypal a copy of the postal receipt, copies of the emails that I exchanged with this guy, a link to my feedback page, showing where he left positive feedback, the customs form number, and a photo of the package I had taken before I shipped it. Paypal waited a few weeks, then basically told me to go fuck myself and returned him his money. Granted, it was only less then $25, and I have an LP version of the CD I lost, but that's not the point. Paypal sucks, and as a seller you're completely screwed unless you get some kind of tracking on a package.

This basically sounds like my situation. Great. Guess i'm gonna get FUCKED out of $60. I'm gonna call them and rip them a new asshole if this happens though.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This goes to show you that there is no way to fight the system. They will fuck you in the ass.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

evolutionofthorns

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
This goes to show you that there is no way to fight the system. They will fuck you in the ass.

Exactly. Next time I think I'm going to take a video camera with me, just so I have proof that I went to the post office.
Evil Fifi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evolutionofthorns wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

Exactly. Next time I think I'm going to take a video camera with me, just so I have proof that I went to the post office.

Reread:
NWN PROD wrote:
dreamethereal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guy I sent this to IS within driving distance, but it's a PO Box, guess i'll have to stake out the post office. haha
Noel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: PayPal claims = shit system for sellers Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
There is no possible way for the seller to win these things. It's a total shit system.

The only thing I can do is ban anyone from ordering if they issue a claim. I guess it's a cost of running an online business.

That could be interesting to know what exactly happened in your case. I thought the paypal claims or whatever only worked with ebay and the registered shipping a lot of sellers there seem to apply, to avoid get claims afterwards. But concerning a distro (meaning not selling on ebay), what happened?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Buyer's Name: Derek Kelley
Buyer's Email: dallascowboys1988@yahoo.com
Buyer's Transaction ID: 9X958825D2642310U

Transaction Date: Jul 12, 2008
Transaction Amount: -$21.07 USD
Invoice ID: 17668
Your Transaction ID: 5M7772278U987213F
Case Number: PP-527-815-168

I just got fucked by this guy.

duff138

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sell things on Ebay and the last few years I create my shipping labels through Paypal. I use a small postal scale to determine the weight of each package. It creates a label and the money is deducted for postage right from my account. It also has tracking for each item. Since you ship everything priority I think tracking is free.
Have you ever considered doing something like this? Do you bring ever package to the Post Office and have them weigh each one and then pay for them all.
By using this and having a tracking number, it's hard for Paypal to screw you over.
Paypal shipping doesn't offer 1st class international though, I think you'd have to use Priority international, but this does allow tracking. Unfortunately it's more expensive than 1st class international.
Sucks that you getting fucked by Paypal and certain customers.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever tried to fight Paypal using one of those delivery confirmation numbers? Read the rest of the thread.

noah thirteen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I don't think there are any problems for buyers. It's more of an issue for sellers accepting PayPal.

When paypal used to limit the time you had to file a claim to 30 days or less that pretty much fucked a lot of buyers, I decided to be patient and wait it out once, and never got anything from a label overseas, and then I couldn't get my money back since I had taken the "high road" and decided to trust them....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: