P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

I really REALLY tried but I could ne'er get into...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngleOffDeeth wrote:
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
I saw the video for Family Ghost on Headbanger's Ball, I might have been 7 or 8 years old, and at first it spooked me a little bit, but then it was more of me being really into the fact he was wearing a cape, it was a downward spiral from then on and he is one of my favorite metal singers of all time. People get really hung up on the falsetto, but don't ever really talk about the other voices he uses and how good his clarity is. His vocals on The Eye, completely shine.

His vocals on Them/Conspiracy really shows his range too. When he does that low creepy growl as the ghosts of the house, shit is fantastic.

He has a wide range. The character voices he uses on Them and other albums are just great.

One of my favorite vocal performances from the King is on Black Funeral. That is just pure metal to the bone.
deveneror

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fallen wrote:
quillotine wrote:

Also never really get into OZZY solo stuff, DIO (except first album)

+1 on Ozzy solo.

DIO however is untouchable, strange that if you like the 1st album you wouldn't also like Dream Evil, The Last in Line, or Sabbath's stuff with him (which is some of my favorite heavy metal ever).

Besides that, Lock Up The Wolves is great too and of course, the Heaven & Hell album (which is basically Sabbath).
quillotine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deveneror wrote:
The Fallen wrote:
quillotine wrote:

+1 on Ozzy solo.

DIO however is untouchable, strange that if you like the 1st album you wouldn't also like Dream Evil, The Last in Line, or Sabbath's stuff with him (which is some of my favorite heavy metal ever).

I only speak of Dio solo stuff here, as I absolutely adore his work with Sabbath or Rainbow.

Used to own "Sacred Heart", Dream Evil" and "The Last In Line"... Always thought they missed something, can't really explain it. Maybe I should try again, because it has been years....
Wormvoice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quillotine wrote:
deveneror wrote:
The Fallen wrote:
quillotine wrote:

+1 on Ozzy solo.

I only speak of Dio solo stuff here, as I absolutely adore his work with Sabbath or Rainbow.

Used to own "Sacred Heart", Dream Evil" and "The Last In Line"... Always thought they missed something, can't really explain it. Maybe I should try again, because it has been years....

I've been on a huge Dio kick lately, and while Dream Evil isn't his best work, Sacred Heart, Last in Line and Lock Up The Wolves are great records. Holy Diver might still be his best, but those records are great if you're into his vocals.

As for MF/KD, there is no vocalist like the King. Nobody uses their voice as an instrument like he can. I understand why folks can't get into his vocals, but he is undoubtedly my favorite vocalist.
dAHMER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
One of my favorite vocal performances from the King is on Black Funeral. That is just pure metal to the bone.

That was the song that won me over. So great. But that was about 4 years ago. It took a long time for the King's work to click and I can still see how it's not for everyone. I also encourage people to keep trying, though.

As for Dio, if you can dig the first album, you should really give Last in Line more effort. So good! Worth it for the title track alone.
CR99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dAHMER wrote:

As for Dio, if you can dig the first album, you should really give Last in Line more effort. So good! Worth it for the title track alone.

Agreed that's the only other I own/listen to besides Holy Diver. The other stuff while not bad just kind of blends together and at some point I started to feel I don't need any more of solo Dio so I sold them.
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
dAHMER wrote:

Agreed that's the only other I own/listen to besides Holy Diver. The other stuff while not bad just kind of blends together and at some point I started to feel I don't need any more of solo Dio so I sold them.

Same here. Love Holy Diver and Last in Line albums. The rest haven't really stuck with me.

Shirts: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/posting.php
Ceannasaí

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil. A lot of people I know hype the fuck out of them, but I just don't see the appeal. Maybe my opinion would be different if I found them before like 8 other bands I listen to.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one?
crystalspeed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krokus, a band I should be into but I am not.
Ceannasaí

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Which one?

The Brazilian one.
Ashes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really tried but I can never take the polls threads seriously. It's almost a meme of itself now thus making the board worse.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crystalspeed wrote:

Nah, your taste is fine, Krokus sucks.
hellmask

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crystalspeed wrote:

The Headhunter album is great - especially the killer title track. Well worth checking out if you haven't heard it. They sucked after that (at least what I've heard), but the albums they released from '80 - '83 all have some great hard rock/straight-forward metal tracks. Metal Rendez-vous is a really good album.

The biggest issue for me with Krokus in that era was the albums were loaded with filler. But the good songs are really good.
crystalspeed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blind Guardian
Helloween
Carcass besides first 2 albums
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 55 of 62

Jump to: