P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Adversarial: All Idols apreesh
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morfumax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Adversarial: All Idols apreesh Reply with quote

Couldn't find a topic for this album, so here goes.
Great album, amazing riffs and even the snare is less annoying on the vinyl version.
Anyone else thinks this album should get more attention? Also post any news on Adversarial. I heard rumors that they were done.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also heard Antediluvian were done (playing live definitely). Bad news all round.
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe they are done, though last show in Toronto was Dec 29 '12. Maybe they are just taking it easy..
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great band and album for sure. Snare talk was always overblown - it's a little irritating but I always get used to it before the first track ends. If I remember right there was some talk about an eventual re-pressing with the vinyl mix being used, or something like that - maybe Matt can drop in and comment. Still, the album in its original state is cool with me. One of my favorite Dark Descent bands easily.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great record for sure. I remember neighbour off by the snare but either it was remastered or I got used to it. Definitely great live band and I'm hoping for more material.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
I also heard Antediluvian were done (playing live definitely). Bad news all round.

It is a planned hiatus due to career relocations.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Adversarial: All Idols apreesh Reply with quote

morfumax wrote:
Couldn't find a topic for this album, so here goes.
Great album, amazing riffs and even the snare is less annoying on the vinyl version.
Anyone else thinks this album should get more attention? Also post any news on Adversarial. I heard rumors that they were done.

They arent done. Life was getting in the way for a while, but as I understand they are rehearsing again.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
PeterVenkman wrote:

Ah thats excellent, thanks for improving my day!
mlotek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Adversarial (and fellow Toronto area band, Horde of Worms) would just play slow. They are great at it, heavy as fuckin hell, but the blast parts ruin it for me, as well as pingy snare drums too high in the mix. Razz

I videotaped both bands years ago, but there is probably a lot of shows with them on the internet by now, right?
Mortician342

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv really grown sick and tired of everyone always complaining "snare snare snare snare snare". If people treated Black Metal with the same degree they are treating this album half of the classic Black Metal albums would have people up in arms over shitty production.

Im linking an alternative mix of the Album. A close friend of the band did it three years ago when the album first came out. It never surfaced in any format, but here it is. Im uploading Churning the Storm as we speak as well as the rest of the album ASAP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djFzkOWfNz8
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adversarial is active. They are actually working toward a couple new releases, including a new full length.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortician342 wrote:
Iv really grown sick and tired of everyone always complaining "snare snare snare snare snare". If people treated Black Metal with the same degree they are treating this album half of the classic Black Metal albums would have people up in arms over shitty production.

Im linking an alternative mix of the Album. A close friend of the band did it three years ago when the album first came out. It never surfaced in any format, but here it is. Im uploading Churning the Storm as we speak as well as the rest of the album ASAP.

Thats actually listenable. Much better indeed. Sorry, but it's true. Confused
morfumax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vinyl mix sounds totally fine to me.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
PeterVenkman wrote:

Ah thats excellent, thanks for improving my day!

No problem. Mars-Sekhmet was in town last weekend, actually. I didnt get to ask her about timelines or anything though. You'll hear about it when you need to, I guess.
mlotek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortician342 wrote:

I think Blasphemy, Sacramentary Abolishment, Nuclear Death, Mortician, etc. and a lot of other `classic` bands+recordings with shit recorded drums are shit too.
so sue me Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: