P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

CARCASS "Surgical Steel" - never too early....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
People gotta learn the difference between taste and quality. Heartwork and Swansong are great albums, whether you like them or not.

Never understood this line of thinking. If someone thinks an album sucks, then to them it sucks. Why do people always have to acknowledge an album or band's supposed greatness even if they have the opposite opinion?

Don't know why the other guy is getting his panties twisted. Reek has hardly been mentioned in this thread; and there's certainly been no one shitting on it.
Laugh At Your Corpse

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
People gotta learn the difference between taste and quality. Heartwork and Swansong are great albums, whether you like them or not.
No.... no they're not.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swansong is an awful album full stop, tremendously gay.
Dalen

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeonblade wrote:
Dalen wrote:

Never understood this line of thinking. If someone thinks an album sucks, then to them it sucks. Why do people always have to acknowledge an album or band's supposed greatness even if they have the opposite opinion?

They don't have to, but it's funny how easily people can have a bashing kind of opinion on music they don't listen to in the first place (''melodeath'' in this case? Or something like that anyway).
DSS

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
Aeonblade wrote:
Dalen wrote:

They don't have to, but it's funny how easily people can have a bashing kind of opinion on music they don't listen to in the first place (''melodeath'' in this case? Or something like that anyway).

Bashing music is different then not liking an album. Some examples:

I don't like Rush. I get annoyed when I hear their music. They're great musicians, especially the drummer and I know it. The band would be better if all their songs were instrumental in my opinion. So that's one example of not liking something but acknowledging the fact that it is done well.

I hate rap and hip hop. I don't give a shit how 'well done' some of it might be I just can't stand it. I don't even consider it music. To me it's talentless noise. Never understood this genre. My older brother grew up listening to it when we were teenagers and I always hated it. No one can change my mind about it no matter what they say. I'm very arrogant about my opinion.

Iron Maiden is one of the greatest bands in my opinion. But "Virtual XI" and "Dance Of Death" are horrible albums. I don't care how talented the musicians are behind the instruments and I don't care if they recorded many great albums in the past. These 2 albums suck ass.

And last is Metallica's black album. It's a long story with this one but I will make it short. Imagine five 15 year old kids waiting over 2 hours in the lineup to buy this album only to be majorly disappointed when they heard the music. Now that I'm much older I appreciate the album. I listen to it quite often actually. I think it is a great album but it still sucks as a Metallica album. Lots of people get confused when I say this but that's the only way I can explain it. It doesn't matter how great the album is it still does not sound like the band that released it. I'm sure there are people who love "Prometheus - The Discipline of Fire & Demise" because it sounds great.
Agonistess

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way I won't listen to this album, at least once, but I'm not expecting much. My favorite Carcass recordings are all more than 20 years old now. I don't really need new Carcass.
Dalen

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
I think it is a great album but it still sucks as a Metallica album. Lots of people get confused when I say this but that's the only way I can explain it. It doesn't matter how great the album is it still does not sound like the band that released it. I'm sure there are people who love "Prometheus - The Discipline of Fire & Demise" because it sounds great.

I do like Prometheus and I do understand what you mean about the Black Album. I was having a discussion about recent Burzum these days and to be fair, his recent metal albums are quite decent for what they are. But when I listen to the earlier stuff, the only word I come up with is, ok. It is totally unavoidable making comparisons with older works.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of carcass history, i cant imagine this album being anything but rubbish.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not understand how anyone hates HEARTWORK.
Mikael

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:

I can, although I like the album a lot myself, maybe more people would like it if the production would be dirtier. I even like Swansong, it's very good rocking album, hardly anything to do with the early Carcass, but still good for what it is. Overall, it's not like a certain "rock-touch" was new to them, Pyosisified (Rotten to the Gore) is a perfect example of this.

I'm really curious about the new album and have zero interest to pre-judge it. Certainly there will not be second Swansong, but something different.
Laugh At Your Corpse

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's progressive melodeath shite.
DSS

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it is different from the previous albums. It is not what people expected. Majority felt disappointed when it came out. I know this is not the best comparison but I remember when "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" came out most people (including myself) thought "what the fuck?"

"Heartwork" is a good album but it moved away from the Carcass sound we were used to. Dare I say bordering on the so called 'Melodic Death Metal' with Thrash elements. The band lost lots of fans with the release of this album and gained a lot more new fans. This also happened with Napalm Death when they became less (Crust) Punk and more Metal.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heartwork remains the biggest letdown metal wise for me. Still remember purchasing it, having concerns about the cover art and then getting home and listening to it thinking WTF. I like the solos on the title track and that's about it.
M8FOX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carcass signs on to Nuclear Blast.

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/news/details/3025000.uk-legends-carcass-sign-to-nuclear-blast.html
BulletBelt
banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new album will be crap. Even worse than SWANSONG.

Why would anyone expect it to be good in 2013?

When its released maybe people will finally realise why Mike Amott was not interested in doing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: