P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

CARCASS "Surgical Steel" - never too early....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endsieg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Endsieg wrote:
Carcass 2013 = fun gore core crap metal.

Carcass were always "fun"... or did you think they were seriously going to graveyards and digging up bodies to eat them ?

oh dear. if you can't see the difference between Reek / Symphonies and this pile of shit I suggest you stick listening to the new carcass.
I also heard the production is really PHAT and BROOTAL on the new one.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endsieg wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
Endsieg wrote:

Carcass were always "fun"... or did you think they were seriously going to graveyards and digging up bodies to eat them ?

oh dear. if you can't see the difference between Reek / Symphonies and this pile of shit I suggest you stick listening to the new carcass.
I also heard the production is really PHAT and BROOTAL on the new one.

Music aside, hindsight and modern technology has provided an insight into Carcass that I wasn't aware of as a teenager growing up with their music. Having seen interviews with them from back in the nineties, they seem to have always had that sneering, "we're above this" punk attitude towards metal, which really affected the way I view the band now. It's easy to say "they've turned gay", but really, I don't think there's any change in their attitude today, Necrociticsm would have sounded like this had the technology been availble. The only thing is that they didn't have the musical ability to play something as gay as Heartwork back in the late 80s/early 90s, and they happened to make better albums because of it.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing after Symphonies of Sickness has been worth listening to.

Those early two albums are the A+ work; the middle-period technical death metal is B- (but A for technicality!!1!); the later stuff is all insincere hogwash.

Continuing to listen to Carcass is like not locking your door when your pedophile uncle comes to visit. You somehow believe you must endure the violation and try to convince yourself you're coming out ahead (free sex).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGOT4d2Hs8
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
Continuing to listen to Carcass is like not locking your door when your pedophile uncle comes to visit. You somehow believe you must endure the violation and try to convince yourself you're coming out ahead (free sex).

Thank you! You've made my day!
harorld

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally digging this new record. good thing fun gore crap metal is fun to listen to.

Endsieg wrote:
Drying Victims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for digging this thread up, but I just stumbled across an announcement of a new EP that -I think- includes all the leftovers from the album sessions: http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/mini-cd-digi/carcass-surgical-remission-surplus-steel.html

It's available on CD and 10" vinyl in various colours. I thought some of you might be interested. I am not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: