P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

ROTTING CHRIST - PROMO 1995 LP BY FLOGA RECORDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed Emperor wrote:
slokopdeborrel wrote:
Interesting and I'll buy it anyway but why a gatefold 12" Confused?
Isn't a MLP just cheaper to produce? Or will there be tons of unreleased photos and liner notes on the sleeve?

It needs to sell, for most people records are not about the music anymore. Collectors only want fancy packaging, to show off when it 's sold out.

Exactly. Fuck gatefolds, useless waste of space on your shelves. Just one more of the retarded trends imposed by the stamp-collector mentality, next to multicolored vinyl, stickers, pins, A3 posters, patches and whatnot.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 16817
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insert grandpa Simpson gif here
_________________
NWN Fest Vol. IV Tickets here: http://nwnfest.storenvy.com/

Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Needleteeth



Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 97
Location: Stinktown, NJ

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old man yells at cloud
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maniact666



Joined: 28 Sep 2010
Posts: 889
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Cursed Emperor wrote:
slokopdeborrel wrote:
Interesting and I'll buy it anyway but why a gatefold 12" Confused?
Isn't a MLP just cheaper to produce? Or will there be tons of unreleased photos and liner notes on the sleeve?

It needs to sell, for most people records are not about the music anymore. Collectors only want fancy packaging, to show off when it 's sold out.

Exactly. Fuck gatefolds, useless waste of space on your shelves. Just one more of the retarded trends imposed by the stamp-collector mentality, next to multicolored vinyl, stickers, pins, A3 posters, patches and whatnot.


Exclamation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slokopdeborrel



Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 180
Location: Vlaams-Brabant

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maniact666 wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Exactly. Fuck gatefolds, useless waste of space on your shelves. Just one more of the retarded trends imposed by the stamp-collector mentality, next to multicolored vinyl, stickers, pins, A3 posters, patches and whatnot.


Exclamation

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Haunt In The Dark



Joined: 24 Oct 2009
Posts: 916
Location: Trve De Baal

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Fuck gatefolds, useless waste of space on your shelves. Just one more of the retarded trends imposed by the stamp-collector mentality, next to multicolored vinyl, stickers, pins, A3 posters, patches and whatnot.


Are you insane? I'll agree that all the garbage that comes with the "die-hard editions" trend nowadays (when it's not extra notes, pictures and booklets) is pretty much useless and stupid but man, a good bunch of the records I own and took from my parents' collection came in gatefold covers. And you can bet these gatefold editions weren't limited to 300 or even 1000 copies but rather tens of thousands.

I don't mind your posting but keep your facts straight instead of arguing like the basement-dwellers you abhor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carpathian_Florist



Joined: 19 May 2012
Posts: 1219

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Cursed Emperor wrote:
slokopdeborrel wrote:
Interesting and I'll buy it anyway but why a gatefold 12" Confused?
Isn't a MLP just cheaper to produce? Or will there be tons of unreleased photos and liner notes on the sleeve?

It needs to sell, for most people records are not about the music anymore. Collectors only want fancy packaging, to show off when it 's sold out.

Exactly. Fuck gatefolds, useless waste of space on your shelves. Just one more of the retarded trends imposed by the stamp-collector mentality, next to multicolored vinyl, stickers, pins, A3 posters, patches and whatnot.





Dude, stop bitching about everything under the sun. Your viewpoints are useless, and your downright annoying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Fuck gatefolds, useless waste of space on your shelves. Just one more of the retarded trends imposed by the stamp-collector mentality, next to multicolored vinyl, stickers, pins, A3 posters, patches and whatnot.


Are you insane? I'll agree that all the garbage that comes with the "die-hard editions" trend nowadays (when it's not extra notes, pictures and booklets) is pretty much useless and stupid but man, a good bunch of the records I own and took from my parents' collection came in gatefold covers.

Gatefolds pressed these days are largely inferior in terms of quality compared to those Beatles/Sabbath editions you're probably referring to, most of them are made you-know-where on what looks to be recycled cardboard which quickly deteriorates. Besides, normal non-gatefold sleeves will last just as long as GFs or even longer if being taken care of properly, I have non gatefold Motorhead records that are 30 year old and still look awesome, crisp colors and all. In most cases, a solid, glossy regular jacket pressed in a professional plant will stand the test of time much better than your gatefold Baptism w/patch and sticker.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Haunt In The Dark



Joined: 24 Oct 2009
Posts: 916
Location: Trve De Baal

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Fuck gatefolds, useless waste of space on your shelves. Just one more of the retarded trends imposed by the stamp-collector mentality, next to multicolored vinyl, stickers, pins, A3 posters, patches and whatnot.


Are you insane? I'll agree that all the garbage that comes with the "die-hard editions" trend nowadays (when it's not extra notes, pictures and booklets) is pretty much useless and stupid but man, a good bunch of the records I own and took from my parents' collection came in gatefold covers.

Gatefolds pressed these days are largely inferior in terms of quality compared to those Beatles/Sabbath editions you're probably referring to, most of them are made you-know-where on what looks to be recycled cardboard which quickly deteriorates. Besides, normal non-gatefold sleeves will last just as long as GFs or even longer if being taken care of properly, I have non gatefold Motorhead records that are 30 year old and still look awesome, crisp colors and all. In most cases, a solid, glossy regular jacket pressed in a professional plant will stand the test of time much better than your gatefold Baptism w/patch and sticker.


EVERYTHING pressed I-know-where (and in most other plants) these days is crap in terms of quality because everybody wants to get their shit done fast and for the cheapest price possible. I mean, there are hardly any people who know how to properly master a record anymore, and even if they did, why would they spend days on one single record when they can half-ass a bunch for much more money? I don't like glossy jackets because of all the fingerprints one can leave on them when handling them (yeah, I'm OCD) but man, I do love me some thickass gatefold covers. I get your point and agree with most of it though, and I'd rather buy a humble but better-manufactured record with a sturdy cover and a regular lyric sheet than some atrocious-looking Czech record that'd come with a flimsy cover, black dustsleeve (but no plastic sleeve!), a patch that looks like it's been screenprinted by my little sister, a printed G-string that even your trashy girlfriend wouldn't wear and a pixelated button. To each their own though...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dalen



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 1776

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a gatefold, but I will recommend again that recent Necrobiosis compilation LP. The jacket is amazing and fairly excellent in terms or printing quality & paper used, plus it unfolds like a poster or something. Maybe some would consider it hipster bullshit I dunno, but I think this material got the handling it deserved without making the edition somewhat expensive.
_________________
Sic transit gloria mundi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOGA_RECS



Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 219

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff will be finally released on 15 th of September.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FLOGA_RECS



Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 219

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 16817
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect cover for this release. I can't wait to hear it.
_________________
NWN Fest Vol. IV Tickets here: http://nwnfest.storenvy.com/

Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Ecstatic_Horror



Joined: 25 Jan 2013
Posts: 677

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Perfect cover for this release. I can't wait to hear it.



Yk, you will stock this correct?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 16817
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I will stock this along with the Thou Art Lord reissues.
_________________
NWN Fest Vol. IV Tickets here: http://nwnfest.storenvy.com/

Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group