P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

The day jobs thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dismal



Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 613

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinistrous wrote:
I am a registered nurse in a hospital providing forensic psychiatric services and mental examinations for the whole country. Our patients are divided into those classified as dangerous/difficult to treat, patients whose criminal charges have been waived due to insanity and the afore-mentioned mental examinees, who either stay as a patient or return to prison to serve out their sentences. It's interesting, you get to meet all sorts of messed-up personalities and you tend to see and hear so bizarre stuff on a daily basis that your capacity for being surprised is severely affected. Never a dull day, I tell ya.

I can't imagine doing anything else at the moment, I've been interested in the aberrant psychology, serial killers and the like from my college days. I've started to think about getting a degree in psychology, to really go off the deep end with our esteemed nutters.


Hah, excellent.
I work with some of the 'up-and-comers', some of whom, as they get older will probably be referred to you/your equivalent services.

I definitely agree about your capacity to be surprised being severely affected! Sometimes I think " Hmmm..that's weird, that that doesn't surprise/shock or disgust me!"

Madness is where we dwell...!
_________________
http://portentuk.bandcamp.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fullmoon91



Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Posts: 373
Location: Mag Mell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. wrote:
God Slayer wrote:
Currently: Police Officer/EMT
Previously: State Park Ranger


No offense, but I always thought police officers...well, I thought it went against the whole metalhead ideology, of might is right, immoralism...


Metalhead ideology? lol.
Whenever I go to a show I mostly see anorexic children and obese manchildren. Not much might going on there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holy ghost



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 6122
Location: CANADA RULES EH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismal wrote:
Sinistrous wrote:
I am a registered nurse in a hospital providing forensic psychiatric services and mental examinations for the whole country. Our patients are divided into those classified as dangerous/difficult to treat, patients whose criminal charges have been waived due to insanity and the afore-mentioned mental examinees, who either stay as a patient or return to prison to serve out their sentences. It's interesting, you get to meet all sorts of messed-up personalities and you tend to see and hear so bizarre stuff on a daily basis that your capacity for being surprised is severely affected. Never a dull day, I tell ya.

I can't imagine doing anything else at the moment, I've been interested in the aberrant psychology, serial killers and the like from my college days. I've started to think about getting a degree in psychology, to really go off the deep end with our esteemed nutters.


Hah, excellent.
I work with some of the 'up-and-comers', some of whom, as they get older will probably be referred to you/your equivalent services.

I definitely agree about your capacity to be surprised being severely affected! Sometimes I think " Hmmm..that's weird, that that doesn't surprise/shock or disgust me!"

Madness is where we dwell...!


I think I mentioned early on in this thread I work in an outpatient psychiatric clinic.... I'm not shocked by anything anymore......
_________________
Cyclopean Wall // kosmiche ambient drone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellfire Commando



Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 2277
Location: Montréal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since last October, I take magazines and turn them into interactive ipad formats. I also do user interface design, as well as icon designs. Pretty good job, it's really not stressful at all, and I get all my evenings and weekends, as well as occasional days off.
_________________
The Goat of fire in me ablaze
Oh cosmic furnace I behold
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 6839
Location: Edmonton

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
A couple of you fine brothers of the NWN forum society should open your own sub-section of this forum and offer the obviously needed mental help a few people that post here require.
Cool

Before IXTAB's permanent banning solution they could be offered the help by the NWN psychiatric team obviously now within our ranks...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
holy ghost



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 6122
Location: CANADA RULES EH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Cool
A couple of you fine brothers of the NWN forum society should open your own sub-section of this forum and offer the obviously needed mental help a few people that post here require.
Cool

Before IXTAB's permanent banning solution they could be offered the help by the NWN psychiatric team obviously now within our ranks...


I just don't have the patience to add a Blasphemy logo to Charlie Brown's shirt... but you get the idea Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


_________________
Cyclopean Wall // kosmiche ambient drone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sinistrous



Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 47
Location: Suomi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismal wrote:


Hah, excellent.
I work with some of the 'up-and-comers', some of whom, as they get older will probably be referred to you/your equivalent services.

I definitely agree about your capacity to be surprised being severely affected! Sometimes I think " Hmmm..that's weird, that that doesn't surprise/shock or disgust me!"

Madness is where we dwell...!


Hah, yeah. The people I work with are at the end of their respective lines, the average stays range are around 5 years for the dangerous/diffiicult-to-treat-crowd and the waived-sentence-crowd enjoys our services on an average around 8 years. These statistics are few years old, average stays might have gotten shorter in the last few years though.

Regarding this forensic psychiatry in general, I've been thinking about checking out different hospitals abroad. Rampton and Broadmoor seem like intriguing places.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cmflesh



Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Posts: 431
Location: FINNLAND

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullmoon91 wrote:
Metalhead ideology? lol.
Whenever I go to a show I mostly see anorexic children and obese manchildren. Not much might going on there.


Quoted for the truth.

On topic, after working few years in the private security sector I'm nowadays a sergeant.


Last edited by cmflesh on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tortured Skull



Joined: 01 Dec 2013
Posts: 89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thread. I currently own/operate two electrical companies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grish



Joined: 05 Mar 2012
Posts: 259
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a software developer mainly working with Oracle databases and unix servers. Not to most metal job in the world, but I love it.
_________________
Good deals: dawid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Piotr Sargnagel



Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 2404
Location: At home, in front of my computer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Library assistant in public libraries. Goes well with record collecting.
_________________
http://www.discogs.com/seller/PiotrSargnagel/profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Subcide



Joined: 06 Nov 2010
Posts: 784
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Union Organiser


_________________
http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.co.nz/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Knucklehead



Joined: 14 Jan 2013
Posts: 313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subcide wrote:
I'm a Union Organiser

Fuck yeah.

I push paper and talk for a living.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Death Kvlt



Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Posts: 158
Location: Buffalo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
c.cole



Joined: 13 Aug 2010
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

United States Postal Service auto mechanic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 21 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group