P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The day jobs thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dismal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinistrous wrote:
I am a registered nurse in a hospital providing forensic psychiatric services and mental examinations for the whole country. Our patients are divided into those classified as dangerous/difficult to treat, patients whose criminal charges have been waived due to insanity and the afore-mentioned mental examinees, who either stay as a patient or return to prison to serve out their sentences. It's interesting, you get to meet all sorts of messed-up personalities and you tend to see and hear so bizarre stuff on a daily basis that your capacity for being surprised is severely affected. Never a dull day, I tell ya.

I can't imagine doing anything else at the moment, I've been interested in the aberrant psychology, serial killers and the like from my college days. I've started to think about getting a degree in psychology, to really go off the deep end with our esteemed nutters.

Hah, excellent.
I work with some of the 'up-and-comers', some of whom, as they get older will probably be referred to you/your equivalent services.

I definitely agree about your capacity to be surprised being severely affected! Sometimes I think " Hmmm..that's weird, that that doesn't surprise/shock or disgust me!"

Madness is where we dwell...!
Fullmoon91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. wrote:
God Slayer wrote:
Currently: Police Officer/EMT
Previously: State Park Ranger

No offense, but I always thought police officers...well, I thought it went against the whole metalhead ideology, of might is right, immoralism...

Metalhead ideology? lol.
Whenever I go to a show I mostly see anorexic children and obese manchildren. Not much might going on there.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismal wrote:
Sinistrous wrote:
I am a registered nurse in a hospital providing forensic psychiatric services and mental examinations for the whole country. Our patients are divided into those classified as dangerous/difficult to treat, patients whose criminal charges have been waived due to insanity and the afore-mentioned mental examinees, who either stay as a patient or return to prison to serve out their sentences. It's interesting, you get to meet all sorts of messed-up personalities and you tend to see and hear so bizarre stuff on a daily basis that your capacity for being surprised is severely affected. Never a dull day, I tell ya.

I can't imagine doing anything else at the moment, I've been interested in the aberrant psychology, serial killers and the like from my college days. I've started to think about getting a degree in psychology, to really go off the deep end with our esteemed nutters.

Hah, excellent.
I work with some of the 'up-and-comers', some of whom, as they get older will probably be referred to you/your equivalent services.

I definitely agree about your capacity to be surprised being severely affected! Sometimes I think " Hmmm..that's weird, that that doesn't surprise/shock or disgust me!"

I think I mentioned early on in this thread I work in an outpatient psychiatric clinic.... I'm not shocked by anything anymore......
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since last October, I take magazines and turn them into interactive ipad formats. I also do user interface design, as well as icon designs. Pretty good job, it's really not stressful at all, and I get all my evenings and weekends, as well as occasional days off.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
A couple of you fine brothers of the NWN forum society should open your own sub-section of this forum and offer the obviously needed mental help a few people that post here require.
Cool

Before IXTAB's permanent banning solution they could be offered the help by the NWN psychiatric team obviously now within our ranks...
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Cool
A couple of you fine brothers of the NWN forum society should open your own sub-section of this forum and offer the obviously needed mental help a few people that post here require.
Cool

Before IXTAB's permanent banning solution they could be offered the help by the NWN psychiatric team obviously now within our ranks...

I just don't have the patience to add a Blasphemy logo to Charlie Brown's shirt... but you get the idea Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Sinistrous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismal wrote:

Hah, excellent.

Hah, yeah. The people I work with are at the end of their respective lines, the average stays range are around 5 years for the dangerous/diffiicult-to-treat-crowd and the waived-sentence-crowd enjoys our services on an average around 8 years. These statistics are few years old, average stays might have gotten shorter in the last few years though.

Regarding this forensic psychiatry in general, I've been thinking about checking out different hospitals abroad. Rampton and Broadmoor seem like intriguing places.
cmflesh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullmoon91 wrote:
Metalhead ideology? lol.
Whenever I go to a show I mostly see anorexic children and obese manchildren. Not much might going on there.

Quoted for the truth.

On topic, after working few years for private security sector I now work as a sergeant for the army.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: