P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

PROFANATICA "Raping of the Virgin Mary" DAT found
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: PROFANATICA "Raping of the Virgin Mary" DAT found Reply with quote

So I just saw this on Discogs:

http://www.discogs.com/Profanatica-Unreleased-Profanatica-Album/release/5245070

The guys selling it, "havohej822", is Jim Stanic (of Desacration of God Productions), so I'm assuming this is legit. This must be the legendary lost album "The Raping of the Virgin Mary", the master tape of which was supposed to have been accidentally destroyed in the studio. So if this is out there, hopefully a label (I'd assume HHR) will arrange a way to release it...

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
OldLadyDriver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing i can say is = !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fenrirsson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some rough mixes of the album circulating in the tape trading scene during the early 1990's. I'm 100% positive that I had it at one stage, but I have no idea what happened to it.

Anyone care to refresh the reason why the original was destroyed in the studio at the time?
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I wonder if he always knew he had it or if he just randomly found it. I hope he lets someone release it.
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrirsson wrote:
There were some rough mixes of the album circulating in the tape trading scene during the early 1990's. I'm 100% positive that I had it at one stage, but I have no idea what happened to it.

Anyone care to refresh the reason why the original was destroyed in the studio at the time?

I read that Brett Mackowski was playing with some mastering controls and he ending up erasing the master. By that time they had already used up all their session time. That might not be the truth, though.
blackarts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck! need to hear that!
Fenrirsson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
Fenrirsson wrote:

I read that Brett Mackowski was playing with some mastering controls and he ending up erasing the master. By that time they had already used up all their session time. That might not be the truth, though.

I'm sure that there was something more to it than that... I think that Wicked (Demoncy) might have somehow been involved, but after all these years, it's hard to recall. Wicked was playing guitar for the band at the time. He didn't have kind things to say about it afterwards.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why it was destroyed anyway?
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it was destroyed because Ledney hadn't actually written any lyrics for it so he just started shouting random shit over the songs and the other guys were so embarrassed they erased it when he wasn't in the studio, or perhaps that was another album since these are all demo songs which must have had lyrics!? Either way, I'd be more than happy to see this finally released!
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROFANATICA-Advance-LP-Tracks-1993-Osmose-Unreleased-album-ULTRA-RARE-Havohej-/370978635456?nma=true&si=4YEcIcdHSXSF4Gnq%252FzxyYwXuPbU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
heavyR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I read an interview that stated some of those tracks were featured on the "Enemy of Virtue" release, the last few tracks on disc 1.

Buy this crap.
Naekrospavvn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is written that "the unreleased album was advertised by Osmose and showed what would have been the final cover art".
Did anyone see that cover art?
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=756867#756867
MorbidAsshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naekrospavvn wrote:
There is written that "the unreleased album was advertised by Osmose and showed what would have been the final cover art".
Did anyone see that cover art?

I think I saw it on one of those facebook pages like Black Metal Antiquarium etc.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
I thought I read an interview that stated some of those tracks were featured on the "Enemy of Virtue" release, the last few tracks on disc 1.

Yeah I was pretty sure a lot of it was available on the Collection pic disc and the Enemy of Virtue 2LP...
Naekrospavvn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
I heard it was destroyed because Ledney hadn't actually written any lyrics for it so he just started shouting random shit over the songs and the other guys were so embarrassed they erased it when he wasn't in the studio, or perhaps that was another album since these are all demo songs which must have had lyrics!? Either way, I'd be more than happy to see this finally released!

Well, according to tracklist of this album, all the songs were already featured on previous demos, rehearsals etc. So the lyrics were obviously written by the time of album recordings.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=756867#756867
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: