P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Random Drunken Encounters Of The Metal Kind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BurdenEradication

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a drunken tale but.. Once a couple years ago I was wearing a sleeveless Blood Upon the Altar shirt and had to go to the grocery store briefly. In front of me in the checkout line was a normal seeming guy probably mid 60s, with his presumably 6-ish year old granddaughter. He saw my shirt and after complimenting it, told me of how he had seen Blasphemy live a few times in BC in the early 90s and reminisced about how crazy it was. I figured he was telling the truth because of the unlikelihood of somebody like that stating something like as such. He went from being a calm, quiet seeming grandfather to a profane, wacky old Blasphemy fan reminiscing about the "good old days". His granddaughter wore this gigantic grin the whole time while I maintained my best poker face trying to be respectful but the dude was getting hilarious.
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
K.D.S. wrote:

Probably whether or not those are authentic... Gucci... shoes... those... shoes....

EDIT: Didn't realize I replied to a 2013 comment.

That's a sick signature quote you have there. Good times. Laughing

I wonder what became of the great Mr. Potatohead.. Laughing
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tire guy at my work's shop ...he had a slipknot shirt on one day. Guess that is a close encounter of the shameful metal kind.

...he could only be a few years younger than me which makes it more sad. There must have been no other shirts to buy I guess.
lemegethon

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
I usually avoid these sorts of random metal interactions at all costs and avoid "looking metal" but one time a few years back I was outside the space where my band practices and I had a few too many beers and a dude in his 20's walked by in a Katharsis shirt. I yelled "fuck yeah bro Katharsis rules!" and he looked me over, glared, sped up his pace and kept walking.

I guess I failed the "true metal" litmus test and am nothing more than a worthless Pitchfork hipster....

No. He was afraid of you. Or maybe about having a conversation with you about Katharsis like the guy about Emperor previously in this thread.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gscw5l_roo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: