P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DISSECTION - Exclusive catalog 3 LP picture disc set
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomapple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look a lot nicer than I was expecting them to.
Mortado

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look great. Fortunately my package is now moving with an ETA of Wednesday. These will be just to look at, my "ultimate editions" will continue to be the play copies.
Roc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortado wrote:
Those look great. Fortunately my package is now moving with an ETA of Wednesday. These will be just to look at, my "ultimate editions" will continue to be the play copies.

Awesome, that's cool you have an ETA now!
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look fucking brilliant! Now its just a matter of getting them in-hand...

Interested to hear more thoughts on the sound on these, as I have no other versions to compare it to; be it CD or vinyl.
DSS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's most likely that they slightly re-worked the jackets from the previous re-release. Those ones also say 'The Ultimate Reissue' on the back.
BloodVengeance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fukk..this looks really good!
Vapula

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look good but I don't like that "die cut" or whatever it's called on the jacket where you can see the picture disc through it do all 3 LPs have that or just Reinkaos?

I don't usually buy more then one type of any album but I was just missing the Somberlain on black vinyl but since the price was really good for all 3 together I went for the pack and I play Reinkaos a lot so my black vinyl version won't stay in great condition forever.
s.charlach

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your effort taking the pictures, Roc. Here's hoping that all this oh so The End-exclusive talk is just some clever advertising, and the PicLPs will surface here in Europe after all as I wouldn't mind getting a copy of "Reinkaos" myself.

Roc wrote:
Only thing I think is odd is that the back of the sleeves for The Somberlain & SOTLB both say "ULTIMATE REISSUE" on top while the Reinkaos one does not:

Eternal Night wrote:
I wonder why it says ultimate reissue at all since there is no bonus material.

Looks like The End just partly carried over the layout from the 2006 reissues that featured demo, live and rehearsal recordings for "The Somberlain", and an alternative mix of "Storm of the Light's Bane" respectively. There's your bonus material.
BloodVengeance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yosuke... will you still receive them ???..
Roc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad my photos were able to help out! To answer the above question about if all the jackets have the cut-out to show the art on the record, the answer is yes. No big deal though, the jackets are heavy.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These turned out absolutely awesome. Dare I say, worth the wait? Surprised

Bummed that Son of the Mourning wasn't included on this, yet it's still on the lyric insert of SotLB. Whenever I sit down and just read lyrics along with an album (especially these particular albums, because christ could Jon write some lyrics) it's very disappointing to get pulled out of that particular trance state by the unexpected silence of a missing song!

Other than that, and that they're pic discs, 0 complaints from me. Happy to finally own these releases on wax.
Roc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
These turned out absolutely awesome. Dare I say, worth the wait? Surprised

Bummed that Son of the Mourning wasn't included on this, yet it's still on the lyric insert of SotLB. Whenever I sit down and just read lyrics along with an album (especially these particular albums, because christ could Jon write some lyrics) it's very disappointing to get pulled out of that particular trance state by the unexpected silence of a missing song!

Other than that, and that they're pic discs, 0 complaints from me. Happy to finally own these releases on wax.

Yeah, little details like the inclusion of the "Son of the Mourning" lyrics and "Ultimate Reissue" on the back of the Somberlain & SoTLB sleeves make me wonder how much thought and care really went into these, and if they were a bit of a rushed cash grab in a way. Well, rushed layout-wise. It still took 6 months to get them out from when the preorder went up. Either way, the price is fair for them and they do look and sound nice. No complaints from me either. The wait came and went and now I have them.
Mortado

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My records are allegedly out for delivery. Here's to hoping nobody steals them off the porch before my wife gets home from work. At least I don't have any neighbors to worry about Smile
DSS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BloodVengeance wrote:
Yosuke... will you still receive them ???..

It states that this will be exclusively available from The End Records. Perhaps it's just a selling tactic for them. I know that it's Dissection but it's not easy selling 1000 copies.
Mortado

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished playing each of them and think that they sound great! Mind I do not have audiophile equipment Smile Now they go back into the sleeves and bag to be looked at whenever I pull out the black wax to play.

They have a new warehouse dude now who was very cordial in correspondence with my wife. Customer service was terrible getting the first half of my order (catalog stuff in stock) but since the guy was sacked or whatever at least that definitely has improved! The order was nicely packed as well. The box itself had some decent dents on the corners but the 6 records (our ordering error) were untouched.

I feel like I should have gotten 2 patches since I got 6 records but whatever, they weren't advertised as a part of the deal so I can't really complain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: