P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Anahuac Tour 2013 - Volahn/Bilirubin/Arizmenda/BHL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HW



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
HW wrote:
Bleedings wrote:
Ashdautas wrote:
I love how half of the flyers are just different versions of scenes from Apocalypto.

I dont think this tour will make it very far.


Their attempt to re-create old BM flyers is cute, but whatever photoshop effect is used to make the font hardly readable isn't.
Only real xerox is real.


ash is just depressed because his btc band isnt touring
What band are you referring to?


????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hobophobic



Joined: 03 May 2009
Posts: 2403
Location: R'lyeh, TX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashdautas broke up a long time ago, dummy.
_________________
Endless Morbidity wrote:
fuck "deluxe" bullshit. Albums don't need extra trinkets and shit. These are METAL records, not cracker jacks.


holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
HW



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and he's trolling his ex-bandmates thread, im guessing he has errr nothing better to do Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ashdautas



Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 319
Location: War

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HW wrote:
and he's trolling his ex-bandmates thread, im guessing he has errr nothing better to do Laughing
How exactly am I doing that? Ending that band and ceasing to further associate with those people was probably the smartest thing that I have done in the past few years. Surrounding yourself with unsuccessful, foolish children will do nothing but hinder your success.
_________________
If I had a desire, it would be to be free from desire.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GHOAT



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 2460
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta gig was sick. I'm only familiar with Volahn, but all were excellent. Some may criticize the fact that its essentially 6 guys in 4 bands, but everyone of them are competent multi-instrumentalists and tha atmosphere of each band was different.

Bilirubin - least favorite. Extremely repetitive and it all ran together after a couple songs. Bass was too clean and stood out way too much.

BHL - holy shit this was the band to beat. Didn't know what to expect and I was blown away. Their bestial/ethereal/tribal sound was just Absolutely killer.

Arizmenda - total aura. Singer was definitely in the spirit world. Bass was pushed way too hard, it literally pounded your chest close to the stage. The ten minute tuning 'song' was a little much. They were unhinged and sloppy but it's almost if it worked to their advantage.

Volahn - who I came to see and I saw one song. Just too late on a work night. What I saw was excellent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HAMMER STRENGTH



Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EARLGREYTEA



Joined: 04 Oct 2011
Posts: 474
Location: New Jersey, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:
Atlanta gig was sick. I'm only familiar with Volahn, but all were excellent. Some may criticize the fact that its essentially 6 guys in 4 bands, but everyone of them are competent multi-instrumentalists and tha atmosphere of each band was different.

Bilirubin - least favorite. Extremely repetitive and it all ran together after a couple songs. Bass was too clean and stood out way too much.

BHL - holy shit this was the band to beat. Didn't know what to expect and I was blown away. Their bestial/ethereal/tribal sound was just Absolutely killer.

Arizmenda - total aura. Singer was definitely in the spirit world. Bass was pushed way too hard, it literally pounded your chest close to the stage. The ten minute tuning 'song' was a little much. They were unhinged and sloppy but it's almost if it worked to their advantage.

Volahn - who I came to see and I saw one song. Just too late on a work night. What I saw was excellent.


Finally ... someone who took the time to make a detailed review ... thanks for the write up Smile
_________________
Family first but Blasphemy a close second...
Good Deals with the Beast, bMz, BNB888, Doom-Mantia, funeralfog666, Gangraen, Goab, Grell, gristle, ICP666, Iscariah, moonan, Penetration Hammer, ravn, Sv., tehomapzu, 13, vorfeed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dalen



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 1775

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
HW wrote:
and he's trolling his ex-bandmates thread, im guessing he has errr nothing better to do Laughing
How exactly am I doing that? Ending that band and ceasing to further associate with those people was probably the smartest thing that I have done in the past few years. Surrounding yourself with unsuccessful, foolish children will do nothing but hinder your success.


Jokes / trolling aside, Ashdautas was very good. I have often thought it was a pity the split up was necessary.
_________________
Sic transit gloria mundi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
astralvesl



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Posts: 983

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
Ashdautas wrote:
HW wrote:
and he's trolling his ex-bandmates thread, im guessing he has errr nothing better to do Laughing
How exactly am I doing that? Ending that band and ceasing to further associate with those people was probably the smartest thing that I have done in the past few years. Surrounding yourself with unsuccessful, foolish children will do nothing but hinder your success.


Jokes / trolling aside, Ashdautas was very good. I have often thought it was a pity the split up was necessary.


Easily my favorite of the group, shame I never got to see them. By the way, I really liked Bilirubin though it was admittedly pretty one dimensional, catchy riffs, lotta clean leads, etc... BHL and Arizmenda were the best bands of the night for me though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dalen



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 1775

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am European, so I doubt I'll see any of these bands live. : P And it's a pity, again, cos I kind of wonder how their 'psych' stuff would sound live, most people who have seen them gimme the impression they sound much better compared to their recordings
_________________
Sic transit gloria mundi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
astralvesl



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Posts: 983

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty close: http://freemusicarchive.org/music/The_Black_Twilight_Circle_-_Various_Artists/Live_on_My_Castle_of_Quiet_on_WFMU_1072011/. The music is infinitely better live. Presumably there will be a radio stream up from this tour as well since they did one again w/ the same station.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john matrix



Joined: 24 Mar 2011
Posts: 348
Location: Sacramento, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
I am European, so I doubt I'll see any of these bands live. : P And it's a pity, again, cos I kind of wonder how their 'psych' stuff would sound live, most people who have seen them gimme the impression they sound much better compared to their recordings


When I saw them a few years ago I felt like they suffered from a bad mix. During Arizmenda specifically it was kinda hard to hear all the notes. The vocals dominated over everything else and were painfully loud even with earplugs. The performance was good though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holocaust



Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Posts: 2103
Location: America

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
I am European, so I doubt I'll see any of these bands live. : P And it's a pity, again, cos I kind of wonder how their 'psych' stuff would sound live, most people who have seen them gimme the impression they sound much better compared to their recordings


ive seen every US tour they have done(I think), Volahn was always my favorite set.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
astralvesl



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Posts: 983

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio show from the other night, http://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/51445. Volahn is typically my least favorite but this time they were pretty awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HAMMER STRENGTH



Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group