P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Anahuac Tour 2013 - Volahn/Bilirubin/Arizmenda/BHL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
HW wrote:
Bleedings wrote:
Ashdautas wrote:
I love how half of the flyers are just different versions of scenes from Apocalypto.

I dont think this tour will make it very far.

Their attempt to re-create old BM flyers is cute, but whatever photoshop effect is used to make the font hardly readable isn't.
Only real xerox is real.

ash is just depressed because his btc band isnt touring
What band are you referring to?

????
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashdautas broke up a long time ago, dummy.

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
HW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and he's trolling his ex-bandmates thread, im guessing he has errr nothing better to do Laughing
Ashdautas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HW wrote:
and he's trolling his ex-bandmates thread, im guessing he has errr nothing better to do Laughing
How exactly am I doing that? Ending that band and ceasing to further associate with those people was probably the smartest thing that I have done in the past few years. Surrounding yourself with unsuccessful, foolish children will do nothing but hinder your success.
GHOAT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta gig was sick. I'm only familiar with Volahn, but all were excellent. Some may criticize the fact that its essentially 6 guys in 4 bands, but everyone of them are competent multi-instrumentalists and tha atmosphere of each band was different.

Bilirubin - least favorite. Extremely repetitive and it all ran together after a couple songs. Bass was too clean and stood out way too much.

BHL - holy shit this was the band to beat. Didn't know what to expect and I was blown away. Their bestial/ethereal/tribal sound was just Absolutely killer.

Arizmenda - total aura. Singer was definitely in the spirit world. Bass was pushed way too hard, it literally pounded your chest close to the stage. The ten minute tuning 'song' was a little much. They were unhinged and sloppy but it's almost if it worked to their advantage.

Volahn - who I came to see and I saw one song. Just too late on a work night. What I saw was excellent.
HAMMER STRENGTH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EARLGREYTEA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:
Atlanta gig was sick. I'm only familiar with Volahn, but all were excellent. Some may criticize the fact that its essentially 6 guys in 4 bands, but everyone of them are competent multi-instrumentalists and tha atmosphere of each band was different.

Bilirubin - least favorite. Extremely repetitive and it all ran together after a couple songs. Bass was too clean and stood out way too much.

BHL - holy shit this was the band to beat. Didn't know what to expect and I was blown away. Their bestial/ethereal/tribal sound was just Absolutely killer.

Arizmenda - total aura. Singer was definitely in the spirit world. Bass was pushed way too hard, it literally pounded your chest close to the stage. The ten minute tuning 'song' was a little much. They were unhinged and sloppy but it's almost if it worked to their advantage.

Volahn - who I came to see and I saw one song. Just too late on a work night. What I saw was excellent.

Finally ... someone who took the time to make a detailed review ... thanks for the write up Smile
Dalen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
HW wrote:
How exactly am I doing that? Ending that band and ceasing to further associate with those people was probably the smartest thing that I have done in the past few years. Surrounding yourself with unsuccessful, foolish children will do nothing but hinder your success.

Jokes / trolling aside, Ashdautas was very good. I have often thought it was a pity the split up was necessary.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
Ashdautas wrote:
HW wrote:

Jokes / trolling aside, Ashdautas was very good. I have often thought it was a pity the split up was necessary.

Easily my favorite of the group, shame I never got to see them. By the way, I really liked Bilirubin though it was admittedly pretty one dimensional, catchy riffs, lotta clean leads, etc... BHL and Arizmenda were the best bands of the night for me though.
Dalen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am European, so I doubt I'll see any of these bands live. : P And it's a pity, again, cos I kind of wonder how their 'psych' stuff would sound live, most people who have seen them gimme the impression they sound much better compared to their recordings
astralvesl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty close: http://freemusicarchive.org/music/The_Black_Twilight_Circle_-_Various_Artists/Live_on_My_Castle_of_Quiet_on_WFMU_1072011/. The music is infinitely better live. Presumably there will be a radio stream up from this tour as well since they did one again w/ the same station.
john matrix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
I am European, so I doubt I'll see any of these bands live. : P And it's a pity, again, cos I kind of wonder how their 'psych' stuff would sound live, most people who have seen them gimme the impression they sound much better compared to their recordings

When I saw them a few years ago I felt like they suffered from a bad mix. During Arizmenda specifically it was kinda hard to hear all the notes. The vocals dominated over everything else and were painfully loud even with earplugs. The performance was good though.
Holocaust

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:

ive seen every US tour they have done(I think), Volahn was always my favorite set.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio show from the other night, http://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/51445. Volahn is typically my least favorite but this time they were pretty awesome.
HAMMER STRENGTH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: