P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Soulburn - Earthless Pagan Spirit (new album, release 18-11)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AncientSlumber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Soulburn - Earthless Pagan Spirit (new album, release 18-11) Reply with quote

Quote:
SOULBURN – Announce new album “Earthless Pagan Spirit”; Cover artwork revealed!

Dutch blackened Death Doom Metallers SOULBURN have announced the completion of their new, third studio album release, to be entitled “Earthless Pagan Spirit”, for a release on November 18th, 2016 via Century Media Records.

Following up 2014’s “The Suffocating Darkness” effort, the new album was recorded in The Netherlands at Harrow Studio as well as Double Noise Studio and then mixed and mastered by Magnus "Devo" Andersson at Endarker Studio Sweden (Marduk, Ofermod, etc.). The album’s cover artwork can be seen above.

SOULBURN vocalist & bass-player and Twan van Geel checked in with the following comment about the upcoming release:

SOULBURN’s “Earthless Pagan Spirit” marks the band’s third full-length album since the 1996 debut album “Feeding On Angels”. As people often say about a band’s third album is that it should show the bands ‘true’ face. Well, “Earthless Pagan Spirit” melts the rough elements of the past in perfect balance with the corrosive taste of the new. Showing a band who have set out a delicate blend of old-school breathing Black Metal that strengthens its venom with a poisonous twist of Doom and Death Metal. Where its predecessor “The Suffocating Darkness” already wandered, “Earthless Pagan Spirit” sets its sails further down the blackest of seas. Lyrically “Earthless Pagan Spirit” is breathing a Nietzschean storm upon this narrow minded religious plague this world is infested by. A serpent’s tongue spreading fear to some, yet a glorified temptation to others. Those who read between the lines may illuminate in its satanic glare and find new meaning in them.

Earthless: Beyond this world
Pagan: Beyond god
Spirit: At one with the cosmic foreverness

Underwhelmed by the album cover, but I really liked The Suffocating Darkness, so I'm eager to hear this one.
Bonus points for the fact that this one is not mixed/mastered/brickwalled to death by Dan Swanö. Cool
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i guess it will be more black style.
Cursed_Reefer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to rule! I'm sure they will keep their trademark black/doom/death style on this one. Can't wait!
ALCHAMESTE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Eric Daniels and Bob Bagchus, it surely will be much better than the new Asphyx.
Cursed_Reefer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALCHAMESTE wrote:
With Eric Daniels and Bob Bagchus, it surely will be much better than the new Asphyx.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really hard for me to stand behind Soulburn or Asphyx, after the boot that they both gave Wannes.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
0%cured

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iron tyrant wrote:
It's really hard for me to stand behind Soulburn or Asphyx, after the boot that they both gave Wannes.

Well said
Lucifer's Fury

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iron tyrant wrote:

Not wanting to open any rotten can of worms, but surely this dosn't strictly apply to Soulburn? Somebody on this forum previously said that he was actually asked to join the band again on their reformation, but declined. I also see he provided liner notes for the 2014 Feeding on Angels DLP re-release. He also co-wrote the lyrics on one of the Suffocating Darkness tracks...
Agree that his dismissal from Asphyx looked damn shameful & insulting.

Looking forward to hearing the new album myself. The Suffocating Darkness was quite a fine grower in my ears. No real interest from me in the band currently masquerading as Asphyx.
AncientSlumber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucifer's Fury wrote:
iron tyrant wrote:

Not wanting to open any rotten can of worms, but surely this dosn't strictly apply to Soulburn? Somebody on this forum previously said that he was actually asked to join the band again on their reformation, but declined.

Indeed, no bad blood between Bob, Eric and Wannes, and he only declined because he did not want to put Pentacle aside, as far as I know.
Hell, he even played one song with them when Soulburn played his hometown Bladel!

Nemesis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to it now..... so good Cool
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AncientSlumber wrote:
Lucifer's Fury wrote:
iron tyrant wrote:

Not wanting to open any rotten can of worms, but surely this dosn't strictly apply to Soulburn? Somebody on this forum previously said that he was actually asked to join the band again on their reformation, but declined.

Indeed, no bad blood between Bob, Eric and Wannes, and he only declined because he did not want to put Pentacle aside, as far as I know.
Hell, he even played one song with them when Soulburn played his hometown Bladel!

Saw this now Very Happy

Ok, I get it, but the whole situation left a bitter taste in my mouth anyway.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wannes is THE reason why Asphyx reunited: he did alot for the band and that's the reason why it wasn't nothing then reasonable for Wannes to be member of Asphyx.

Wannes is still good friends with Bob: there was never bad blood between them. Every time I talk to him he says that he had Bob on the phone for 2 hours.

His relationship with van Drunen on the other hand..... Confused
Let me put it in this way: mr. van Drunen finds himself too cool at times....The fact that he talked alot of shit behind his back at interviews says more about van Drunen then about Wannes.
Lucifer's Fury

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and look how quickly and drastically Asphyx have gone downhill since he was booted out! Bob having to eventually jump ship says everything about the situation in that camp.
Anyone who knows the 1st thing about Wannes (and Pentacle) would have instantly known that all the bad things said against him (eg. being all about the money and wanting to make Asphyx all nu & modern) was just a scurrilous beat-up. Like a poster above said, its left a bitter taste in the mouth.
FUCK "Asphyx"!!! Long live mighty Pentacle & Soulburn!!!
Lucifer's Fury

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:
Listening to it now..... so good Cool

Haha! You have me eagerly awaiting the album to drop. Bring on November 18th!
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucifer's Fury wrote:
Anyone who knows the 1st thing about Wannes (and Pentacle) would have instantly known that all the bad things said against him (eg. being all about the money and wanting to make Asphyx all nu & modern) was just a scurrilous beat-up.

The idea that Wannes would want to make "modern" metal is completely laughable. The man bleeds old school metal.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: