P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MGLA Vinyl Re-pressings !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalen

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Someone just needs to do a decent bootleg. Shouldn't be hard, whomever did the Danzig, Satyricon, numerous other boots that have actually been not too bad... should solve all the issues.

a CD solves issues too, I don't see anything good in bootleging
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Someone just needs to do a decent bootleg. Shouldn't be hard, whomever did the Danzig, Satyricon, numerous other boots that have actually been not too bad... should solve all the issues.

a CD solves issues too, I don't see anything good in bootleging

I do understand format and discography completion... but paying absurd amounts does not sit well with me. It can get ridiculous and annoying, not so much that something may eventually aquire a price due to age... but we are all well aware of the current state of affair regarding ebay and inflation concerning collecting, whole other argument with no satisfactory solutions Laughing

Yea, having the CD is fine too. Personally I have discographies in either or, but hate doing a format change somewhere between albums.
However in a case where one band member is being difficult to deal with for whatever reason perhaps, I don't know all the details... and yea bootlegging is more or less cheap theft and all that, yea... know that too... sometimes it just is a way to accomplish what otherwise never will be done.

I bought Nemesis Divina and How the Gods Kill boots... never lost a wink of sleep, bought legit CD copies and pretty much every affordable vinyl from both said acts too over my lifetime... do I feel any guilt I supported a bootleg of art not owned by the booter and the band misses that? Nah... fuck no, both bands have made more than plenty off me.

It is the way this biz rolls... like seeing my own mediocre art used here and there without pay, I accept it. It is as it is. I have lost no sleep.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A CD is not fine because if 1,000 people want a vinyl and 0 people want a CD, making a CD does nothing to fix the "problem". I know its en vogue these days to backlash against people who insist on the master racey vinyl format, but the fact of that matter is this is the preferred format of many for a wide variety of reasons. A vinyl re-press is the only way to alleviate the symptoms of an OOP vinyl release. Even if a re-press is done, original presses will still fetch $$$ from those who are collector first types, but at least then people would be able to pay $20 instead of $100 if they just want to listen to the record and don't care about matrix numbers.
Dalen

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to bootlegs, not represses. If I can't have a proper reissue I stick to the CD.
Vapula

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Vapula wrote:
13 wrote:
I've heard rumors of a Funeral Mist vinyl box set.

I hope not because I recently paid an arm and a leg for Salvation DLP.

The very reason it should be repressed.
I too paid a ridiculous amount for this album a couple years ago, the first and last of a spending of that nature... however simply owning it has not made me feel more metal than others wanting but lacking the album... I say press the damned thing again and spread the stupid thing around.

Anyone that measures their self worth via their pocket book and ability to aquire stupid over priced albums is seriously misguided... repress and spread.

I don't care if thousands of copies are pressed and everyone owns it I hate all that Kvlt bullshit the reason it will annoy me is because I held off buying the album for so long because I thought it might eventually get a repress then it was said by both NED and Mortuus that it definitely wouldn't so I went and spent a shit load of cash on it then I hear two months later it's getting repressed.

I don't make a habit of buying really expensive vinyl any more the only reason I bought it is because I love the album.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax, all rumours arent true. They might be wrong.
heavyR

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just happened to me with the Funebrarum Sleep of Morbid Dreams reissue. I paid like $75 last fall with international shipping for a copy, and it got reissued last week.

Buy this crap.
voidecay

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
Should have these in stock for the next distro update.
When is this expected?
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidecay wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:
Should have these in stock for the next distro update.
When is this expected?

According to NH the records are slated to ship from the factory this Friday, so they should arrive mid week next week in time for the distro update I'm planning for May 31st/June 1st.
Sacrilege

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are these out now, I saw some people already (!) selling them on Discogs? Haven't received my package yet, though.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacrilege wrote:
I saw some people already (!) selling them on Discogs

Obviously there to take the extra cash from the impatient ones. It takes like... a week and they are available everywhere?

"You can't hide the hook!"
Sacrilege

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Sacrilege wrote:
I saw some people already (!) selling them on Discogs

Obviously there to take the extra cash from the impatient ones. It takes like... a week and they are available everywhere?

That's what I thought.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacrilege wrote:
So are these out now, I saw some people already (!) selling them on Discogs? Haven't received my package yet, though.

My copies are in hand. Was supposed to have them listed yesterday but I got incredibly sick in the past 48 hours. Feeling slightly better finally so I'm working on things now.
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
Sacrilege wrote:

My copies are in hand. Was supposed to have them listed yesterday but I got incredibly sick in the past 48 hours. Feeling slightly better finally so I'm working on things now.

The new Clandestine Blaze too?
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scentofdeath wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:
Sacrilege wrote:

The new Clandestine Blaze too?

Yeah that too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: